Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Boynton was bombing.
Topic Summary: But you should not try surfing with a boat.
Created On: 09/21/2020 05:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/23/2020 05:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

One of the guys that was on the boat started commenting on the replies. They were supposedly headed out to go snorkeling WTF and at that last wave they saw the surfers and attempted to turn around to avoid hitting them.
 09/23/2020 06:23 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Swing around the tip of the south jetty and avoid the waves all together.

-------------------------
I was right.
 09/23/2020 06:58 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Snorkeling?! wasnt there like a 6-8' swell? lol...... 1) dumb enough to try and run out that day 2) dumber to not just let that set of waves pass before hitting the throttle.
 09/23/2020 07:27 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: TATTOO74 One of the guys that was on the boat started commenting on the replies. They were supposedly headed out to go snorkeling WTF and at that last wave they saw the surfers and attempted to turn around to avoid hitting them.
Pretty damned stupid navigation. They were driving straight toward the shallowest part of the shoal at the peak surfing take off point. It is clear that they could turn right and go south and just drive around the breaking shoal. But they drove straight at the peak and into a set...

09/23/2020 07:52 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Plan B

Snorkeling?! wasnt there like a 6-8' swell? lol...... 1) dumb enough to try and run out that day 2) dumber to not just let that set of waves pass before hitting the throttle.

My thoughts exactly! "We just wanted to snorkel and it was rough" Didn't they check the weather beforehand ?? WTF How do you not know there was swell in the water.

I'm just reposting what the kid said as far as not hitting the surfers.. They don't sound like the most seaworthy group to be headed out that day.

"it was it was me my friend my uncle his friend his 4 year old and my 11 year old brother we were gonna keep goimg straight but right before we turned that last wave we went over we seen the surfers right in front of us is was either hit them or turn that split second we had a 50 50 chance of making it and it sucks we flipped i was so scared i thought i was gonna be found at the bottom of the ocean but it jusy annoys me reading these comments and everyone trying to say it was our fault like if u were on the boat with us u would understand everyone just thinks they know everything"

"i guess i see where your coming from all u watched was the video but we go out all the time every weekend we just wanted to snorkel and it was rough and we couldnt turn around so we were gonna ride it out till we had a break then all of the sudden 3 surfers were in front of us"

Edited: 09/23/2020 at 07:57 AM by TATTOO74
 09/23/2020 07:59 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Holy shit, was it a kid running the boat?!.... "My 11 year old brother"? and who the hell takes a FOUR YEAR OLD out on a day like that?!?! We're very selective of the days we take my buddy's 9 year old son out on their 31 Cape Horn..... and sure not when there's waves breaking across an inlet! ....... maybe they shouldve heard about this thing called the NWS marine forecast. It's been around for awhile. PBC... more $ than sense.
 09/23/2020 08:03 AM

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

I surfed just south of there, and boy was it fun!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 09/23/2020 08:39 AM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

pumphouse; Were you surfing the public? I was.
 09/23/2020 09:50 AM

Skunkape

Joined Forum: 08/03/2015

Inside rail a little sticky through the turn
 09/23/2020 10:51 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Snorkeling. That's perfect.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/23/2020 05:24 PM

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

tingo...north of gulfstream a bit

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
FORUMS : Surfing : Boynton was bombing.

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .