Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Stolen Bikes in Indialantic
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/16/2020 05:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/16/2020 05:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Quadro

Joined Forum: 11/14/2017

They're all behind the Atlantic Inn next to Cuban Island restaurant. Total chop shop and drug dealing occuring.
 12/16/2020 05:47 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

BIKE THIEVES SUCK!
 12/16/2020 06:28 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

They were in South Patrick but got ran out. Guess they had to go somewhere
 12/16/2020 07:20 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

That Atlantic Inn is sketchy..

-------------------------

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 12/17/2020 03:06 AM

Dahui321

Joined Forum: 08/29/2014

Thanks for the tip. I live a couple blocks from the Inn. Guess Ill keep that garage door closed.
 12/18/2020 11:20 AM

Quadro

The homeless scene around Canova is out of hand and no one seems to be doing anything. I'm all for supporting them via CITA, Daily Bread, etc but the majority of the ones on A1A and Eau Gaille are crackheads.
 12/18/2020 11:30 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Damn, wouldn't they be better off just starting a legit business to repair and mod bikes? Take donated bikes and parts then put them together, then sell. But I guess that means they would have to answer to some type of boss
 12/19/2020 09:20 AM

Quadro

Hard to run a legit business when you're on heroin, meth or ETOH
 12/19/2020 12:49 PM

StirfryMcflurry

fishkller can solve it . the best man follower known!
 12/19/2020 02:26 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

fishkller can solve it . the best man follower known!

The man love is strong on this one!

I was right.
 12/22/2020 07:17 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

fishkller can solve it . the best man follower known![IMG][/IMG]

The man love is strong on this one!

And it's not even funny. Keep the drama down there in that Enquirer thread. Are these people literally out in broad daylight at the apts doing this? I have to go by there today to pick up a gift card at Cuban Island

12/22/2020 08:05 AM

matt_t

Joined Forum: 10/21/2003

Every major corner in the county is full of pan handlers... some homeless many not. Seems like any patch of brush or woods between I 95 and the beach has a camp. I've seen groups of homeless get off the bus at Paradise beach with luggage and sleep under the pavilion.. leave before dawn. If you take any random beach access around the boardwalk late night, there is a chance somebody is sleeping on the crossover/bench.

12/22/2020 09:10 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Is that the north side yard, by unit 102B, behind the Cuban Island's dumpster? I got curious and drove through there this morning, saw 4 bikes behind the hedge.

Is there a real market for stolen bikes, especially chopped and reassembled ones? Or are these mainly used for drug trades and transportation for panhandlers to get to and from their corners?

On a side note, there's a homeless guy out there who's very... forward. He's at the IHB Starbucks pretty often. He caught me one day saying he needed $20 for a cold night shelter (despite the local ones not charging anything, afaik). I gave him 10 bucks, and then he asked if I'd give him another 5 for something to eat. About a week later, he biked up to my car as I was pulling into a parking lot. He was pointing down as if to suggest my car tire was low. As soon as I rolled down the window to see what he was saying, he hit me up for money before I recognized it as the same guy. And a few evenings ago, I was parked at the Eau Gallie boat ramp, getting my earbuds and tunes adjusted to jog the bridge, when he came off the sidewalk and started to approach my car while making some weird hand gestures. I backed up and drove away before he got within 10'...

I feel for these folks, but some of them are just plain crazy (like that guy a few years ago who broke windows at Aloha Veterinary and let all the cats out). There seems to be a lot of them living in the bushes along Eau Gallie between US1 and S. Patrick/Riverside, including at the boat ramp. It's getting a little sketchy to jog the bridge during the best weather of the day. The Melbourne Causeway is better lit, but that bushy patch and dark parking lot on the southwest corner of the bridge seems to attract some 'elements' as well.
 12/22/2020 11:47 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush Is there a real market for stolen bikes, especially chopped and reassembled ones? Or are these mainly used for drug trades and transportation for panhandlers to get to and from their corners? .
there IS a bike shortage worldwide, but not for those kinda bikes. Discuss,
 12/22/2020 04:11 PM

kreidel

Joined Forum: 08/27/2009

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush

On a side note, there's a homeless guy out there who's very... forward. He's at the IHB Starbucks pretty often. He caught me one day saying he needed $20 for a cold night shelter (despite the local ones not charging anything, afaik). I gave him 10 bucks, and then he asked if I'd give him another 5 for something to eat. About a week later, he biked up to my car as I was pulling into a parking lot. He was pointing down as if to suggest my car tire was low. As soon as I rolled down the window to see what he was saying, he hit me up for money before I recognized it as the same guy. And a few evenings ago, I was parked at the Eau Gallie boat ramp, getting my earbuds and tunes adjusted to jog the bridge, when he came off the sidewalk and started to approach my car while making some weird hand gestures. I backed up and drove away before he got within 10'...

When I see someone approaching who appears as if they are going to ask for money I ask them for a dollar before they speak. It usually leaves them perplexed and if they ask after that I explain how could I have money if I was asking them for some?

12/23/2020 03:59 PM

fsusurfer

Joined Forum: 12/18/2008

Saw a homeless guy riding north on A1A just north of the Lowe's/Martesia area on a kid's bike, while wheeling another kid's bike along side himself. We used to have Lums Bums, then they moved down to Paradise, where they razed their bush camps, now they seem to be concentrated around eau gallie, bendova canova area. See them all the time, all cracked out, at the bus stop by the catholic church

Where is Playalinda?

12/23/2020 04:19 PM

fsusurfer

Joined Forum: 12/18/2008

Originally posted by: RiddleMe They were in South Patrick but got ran out. Guess they had to go somewhere
Lol, where at? I live in south pat and haven't noticed them recently.

Where is Playalinda?

Edited: 12/23/2020 at 04:21 PM by fsusurfer
 12/25/2020 06:45 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: fsusurfer

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

They were in South Patrick but got ran out. Guess they had to go somewhere

Lol, where at? I live in south pat and haven't noticed them recently.

Like I said they were ran off. Perhaps join the FB group for the neighborhood, it was discussed constantly when they were stealing bikes and had their little chop shop set up. Was like the 2nd week of November or so when they moved south.

Edited: 12/25/2020 at 06:48 PM by RiddleMe
 12/30/2020 11:50 PM

sarasotasurfer

Joined Forum: 07/27/2003

So what have the town councils and local PD said about it? I've never understood Brevard. Good jobs in the county, decent schools beachside, yet it always seems to have this homeless crackhead, vacant lot, boarded business kind of vibe.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .