Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Access to the beach.
Topic Summary: And the shady ways it’s outlawed.
Created On: 12/27/2020 01:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/27/2020 01:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/s...der-review/6482132002/

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/27/2020 03:23 PM

Cole

Isn't there a law for common use in Florida?

I was right.
 12/27/2020 03:28 PM

Cole

Are the beaches staked at the tide line? Is that legal, considering the tides have hit the dunes hundreds of times.

I was right.
 12/27/2020 03:30 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Where do you park?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 12/27/2020 05:18 PM

johnnyboy

It's a challenge to park. If there's no swell of obvious proportions, the back streets work. When Surfline says GO TO REEF ROAD, you're looking at cops everywhere, Dade county dudes blaring their base and thumping with a cop tailing him. If you don't have a friend on the island to park at their house, you have to walk great distances and pay $73 fines. The town has effectively blocked most access to the beach by privatizing the access paths. They now have gates and codes. Their goal is no outsiders. They have been mostly effective but on small days they don't care as much and on big days there's just too many surfers to get them all. Plus, you have seen that wave. When it's truly on, there's nothing like it anywhere else. You would take the ticket. You would take ten for a ten foot left as fast as you can surf for 400 yards in absolute gin clear water where your Moving shadow actually spooks the sharks always there.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/28/2020 02:44 AM

Dahui321

Joined Forum: 08/29/2014

My beach!!! My waves !!!! Oh brother!!!! I go down with a bike and park and ride!!!
 12/28/2020 05:24 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Edited: 12/28/2020 at 06:25 AM by SurferMic
 12/28/2020 07:47 AM

gatorsurf92

Joined Forum: 01/31/2017

Can't stand these rich bastards trying to fence off the beach for themselves

"Grip it and rip it"
 12/28/2020 08:07 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

This is really nothing new. How often does it break? I grew up in Miami. Late 60s. Got skunked more times than I scored at Pump, Reef, Flag etc. ( but when it was on it was on)

I paid a considerable amount in parking fines. I think I still probably owe some. But when it was worth it, it was really worth it.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 12/28/2020 08:21 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Last time I was there was during Hurricane Irene and it was VERY GOOD to say the least. We planned on just getting the ticket, but as we approached the beach in that small area around a small turn to the North and you are staring at the beach a car was pulling out and we slid right in.

"You would take ten for a ten foot left as fast as you can surf for 400 yards in absolute gin clear water where your Moving shadow actually spooks the sharks always there."

Spot on Analysis. You could see all the way to the bottom. There were little fish everywhere nibbling on your feet and fingers.

12/28/2020 11:01 AM

johnnyboy

I figured anyone who's been there would know.

12/29/2020 07:41 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

what blows my mind is how few of those houses people actually live in

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 12/29/2020 08:23 AM

johnnyboy

That's not the true 1% that it used to be decades ago. That kind of money went to Jupiter island. The rich completely own Martin county and they have been able to prevent development, schools, hospitals, incorporating towns, increasing fire and police departments, garbage collection, everything else that comes allowing the plebs to overpopulate your paradise. They have run the Martin County Commission with an anti development agenda for decades with the sole purpose to keep their taxes extremely low. Taxes in palm beach are not low.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .