Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: PR Surf Trip
Topic Summary: Anyone going or been lately
Created On: 01/10/2021 05:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2021 05:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fmdlittle

Joined Forum: 01/18/2006

They just relaxed restrictions - shortened curfew, increased limits in restaurant's and opened beaches and pools but still says "recommend essential travel".

And I know you also have to have a negative test within 72hrs.

Does anyone know if they're allowing surfers in?

It's for my brothers 40th and my nephews 15th birthdays (and his first surf trip). Hoping we can slide down there for some warm water and good times.

-------------------------
You don't want none of this Dewey!
 01/10/2021 12:27 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Talk to 3rd.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/10/2021 12:42 PM

Keith

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I had a friend that just went last week. I haven't talked to him yet, but four went down and back with no issues that I know of.

"Surf everyday as though it were a gift!" -- John Holeman
 01/11/2021 09:44 AM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

I think the Aguadilla airport is still closed, or at least no flights there from Florida so you'd have to fly into San Jaun. Flights look pretty cheap though.
 01/28/2021 05:24 PM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

looks really good the next couple days. surfline calling good to epic for rincon. anyone been? everything good with people traveling down for surf?
 01/28/2021 06:35 PM

johnnyboy

3rd is there. Might be too big to enjoy.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/30/2021 03:56 PM

johnnyboy

The picture from tres today is insane.

02/01/2021 11:52 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

3rd is there. Might be too big to enjoy.

I'd definitely be a little nervous. Hope he's having a blast!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 02/02/2021 09:50 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I watched Tres do it's thing during the peak on Saturday. The pictures make it look pretty. It was shifting around and sometimes sections would detonate on riders down the line. Very long paddle out and really easy to get in a heavy situation that day. Everyone surfing had big guns, only a couple of skis that looked like they were only there for their guys. Saw a few paddle out on maybe 7-8' step ups. I doubt they got into any of the bombs. We surfed little Malibu, which was really fun but somewhat embarrassing as the mad men paddled by on the way out to Tres, haha.

Also watched very heavy gas chambers and wishing wells, including a rescue. Maria's was deadly looking, nobody out.

Traveling there was a bit of a hassle, have to get a molecular covid test within 72 hours of arrival, and paperwork. The PR health department checks on you every day. Everyone wearing masks in public, even outside. Temperature checks at every store and restaurant.

We caught Surfers and Shacks head high and clean without much crowd for a couple of days before the monster swell and wind on Saturday.
 02/02/2021 10:22 AM

Greensleeves

Thanks 3rd! Sounds like an awesome trip!! Did they ask about people having proof of vaccination and such?
 02/02/2021 10:34 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

A negative molecular RNA test is required within 72 hours of travel to the island, nothing required to return. The rapid tests that are easy to get at CVS etc. aren't accepted, and if you don't have the right paperwork, you'll get quarantined on arrival.

I don't recall seeing anything about an antigen test, and I would've preferred that because I recently had the rona. One buddy lost out as he tested positive.

Edited: 02/02/2021 at 10:37 AM by 3rdworldlover
 02/05/2021 05:49 PM

fmdlittle

Joined Forum: 01/18/2006

Got back Monday - what a freaking trip. We absolutely scored and ate an iguana - crazy story. Probably one of my best surf trips ever. I went to the Palm Bay College testing site and got the molecular (PCR) and rapid tests just to be safe. Got my rapid test back in 20min. They said molecular was 3-5 days to get back but we all had ours back within 36-48hrs. I used my rapid test when I filled out the required travel declaration prior to going. You have to fill this out before leave and get a QR code or when you arrive at the airport and have a copy of you your negative test result in order to get out of the airport. You can google it and fill it out. I did mine before I left, they sent me a QR code and I walked right out of the airport after they scanned my code. They check in with you every day via email and/or text just to make sure you're still feeling ok. Beaches are all open. Restaurants are 50% capacity and any building you enter they check your temp, clean your hands and sometimes your feet and mask are a must. Everyone wears them down there anyways. Weather was amazing, water was better, Airbnb was killer and waves were insane. It was a good trip, much needed and way over due. Looks like the swell is still going strong down there.

You don't want none of this Dewey!
FORUMS : Surfing : PR Surf Trip

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .