Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Apparently insurance is required for Costa Rica.
Topic Summary: For Covid.
Created On: 04/28/2021 07:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/28/2021 07:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The air fare with goddamn spirit was 230 round trip out of FLL plus a hundred for the two boards. Now I have to purchase Covid insurance for the period in country which is under $100 for 7 days. I have been vaccinated fully but there is no provision for that.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/28/2021 07:42 PM

Central Floridave

That covid insurance seems like a scam. Will it really pay for room and board if you get covid and stuck there? I think that is the intent.
 04/29/2021 04:34 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This is the info direct from the U.S. Embassy, and please note the "Health Pass" at the end:

Visitors traveling to Costa Rica will need to provide proof of a medical insurance policy to cover any COVID-19 related medical treatment or quarantine lodging while in Costa Rica. In the case of international insurance, tourists must request from their insurer a certification issued in English or Spanish, noting: 1) the validity of the policy during the dates of visit to Costa Rica, 2) guarantee of coverage for medicals expenses in cases of COVID-19 related medical treatment in the amount of 50,000 USD and, 3) minimum coverage of 2,000 USD for extended lodging expenses due to COVID-19 related illness. It is also possible to purchase a Costa Rican medical insurance policy through the National Insurance Institute (INS) or Sagicor of Costa Rica, covering the duration of your stay in Costa Rica. Please send an email to seguros@ict.go.cr for questions about insurance coverage or to verify your current insurance policy will be accepted in Costa Rica.

Costa Rican Immigration officials have sole authority to determine the length of stay for tourists entering Costa Rica. Immigration officials are currently limiting the duration of stay to correspond with coverage dates provided by the COVID-19 medical insurance. Tourist seeking to extend their stay beyond the date indicated by immigration officials must contact the Migracion Call Center at 1311. Tourists are not able to extend their stay in Costa Rica beyond 90 days.

All visitors must also complete an online Health Pass (pasa de Salud) 48 hours prior to travel to Costa Rica. The Health Pass can be found at https://salud.go.cr.

Dora Hates You
 04/29/2021 06:40 AM

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Im showing $415 for a family of 5 for insurance for a week. We are going down this summer, but wife was hesitant mostly due to the reliance of these test. If we have a positive out of the 5 people testing, someone is going to have to stay for a 10-14 day quarantine plus Mom or Dad. I have been trying to find out what that quarantine looks like, is the Gestapo following you, as I would go crazy in CR locked up in a hotel room for 14 days with great surf outside!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 04/29/2021 06:43 AM

pumphouse

IMO. CR tourism wont fully be back until this policy is lifted. I believe this is a US policy to have a negative test before you get on board to leave.
We almost didn't go because of this, the only reason we did, is my 13 year old who has the surf bug bad, wont make it thru his first flat summer without driving us crazy.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 04/29/2021 06:53 AM

johnnyboy

I am going because I have the bug bad. I was hoping it would be contagious with the teenage complainers when I get there but I need to go. I will pay it. We are 4/5 vaccinated and hopefully 5/5 by the end of July when we go. It's redundant and pointless but it's a prerequisite so I will shell it out.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/29/2021 09:16 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

pumphouse - suggest you all get the jab - it free - Also then no chance of testing positive.. Def an 'insurance' scam IMO.. Does it only cover the cove? Should have a Vacc passport just for cases like this.. Is any 'quaranteen' required?? Yet another advantage of reinstating the good old fashoned yellow 'vacc passport' that I had as a kid.. Def going to go elsewhere until they do away with this insurance BS.. Choices choices..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 04/29/2021 at 09:18 AM by surfsail
 04/29/2021 09:57 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: johnnyboy The air fare with goddamn spirit was .
I stopped here. & Sorry about your luck bro.
 04/29/2021 11:26 AM

MyNameIsRobertPaulson

Joined Forum: 08/14/2014

edit

Edited: 05/05/2021 at 07:32 AM by MyNameIsRobertPaulson
 04/29/2021 12:50 PM

dingpatch

Ummmm, , , , , so, if you currently do not have Medical Insurance, , , ,??

Search CR insurance companies and "shop" their rates.

Or, start here: Trawick International

Oh and, yes, about 400 bones per person but, but, that is based on how much you paid for the trip. I estimated 1 person, 8 days at $5000.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 04/29/2021 at 03:04 PM by dingpatch
 04/29/2021 01:27 PM

johnnyboy

Pump, who did you use?

04/29/2021 08:05 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

The official blanket "Do Not Travel" for most countries and the elaborate instructions for CR from the U.S. Embassy are discouraging. Which perhaps makes this summer a good time to visit.
 04/30/2021 05:02 AM

dingpatch

Go to the Trawick site. Their rate estimate tool is fairly simple to use, and it does not ask for any personal info (telephone, email, etc.).

Dora Hates You
 04/30/2021 07:06 PM

palmtreeg

Joined Forum: 04/27/2010

Or you could go to Nica, death rate from COVID .0028%, 181 deaths out of 6.5 million, and country never had lockdowns

https://www.surfnsr.com/nicaragua-surf-report

Brevard Surf Report
 05/01/2021 01:52 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: palmtreeg
Or you could go to Nica, death rate from COVID .0028%, 181 deaths out of 6.5 million, and country never had lockdowns

You are joking, right?
 05/01/2021 02:52 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

The Observatory reports 2,112 cases for Nicaragua in Jan-April 2021 (from La Prensa). La Prensa also reports an uptick in casket sales and burials, almost a doubling. The Johns Hopkins map reports only 6,898 cases and 181 deaths from Nicaragua, but that's probably government statistics that are frozen. Honduras and Costa Rica each have more than 200,000 cases and thousands of deaths. My guess is that there is a serious outbreak withut reliable statistics.
 05/02/2021 08:34 AM

johnnyboy

Those sound like Chinese corona virus stats.

05/02/2021 05:16 PM

pumphouse

I am going to use Sagicor but not buying until a couple weeks before i go

05/02/2021 06:46 PM

dingpatch

NOT ME but as posted on another surfing site:

Just got back last night from Costa Rica, Liberia. We flew into Costa Rica, as a way to get into Nicaragua, since flights to Managua, Nicaragua are pretty tough right now . Did the reverse to get back out of Nicaragua as well.

Flew into Costa Rica, drove immediately to the Penas Blancas border and crossed to Nicaragua. A lot of planning, paper work, covid testing, and details were brutal, lot of greasing people to help us along the way, but it was well worth it. Scored the La Bamba swell that rolled through and waves were more than epic.

Even though we were in Costa less that 6 hours total bother ways, we still needed the Costa Rica insurance deal, which is a real easy to do and get. Had to do the Costa insurance thing twice as the moment we stepped into Nic' it expired and we had to redo it again to re-enter Costa on the way back.

Doing Costa right now alone is a piece cake. It's like 3 min of work to get the insurance. Not even a covid test needed to get into Costa, but you need one to get out, which is well orchestrated at the Costa Airport.

Again, doing Costa right now is super easy.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 05/04/2021 at 06:07 AM by dingpatch
 05/04/2021 05:39 AM

pumphouse

thanks Ding, congrats on scoring

FORUMS : Surfing : Apparently insurance is required for Costa Rica.

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .