Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chicama vids from last week
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/20/2022 10:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/20/2022 10:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

This was from a quick two day trip to Chicama last week. Waves were chest to head on the drop with knee to waist rides lasting a few hundred yards. I definitely want to go back when it's firing. Chicama photos and videos by @chicama_surfing and @rayner_surf. I stayed at @delfinesdechicama

-------------------------
http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf

Edited: 04/20/2022 at 10:19 AM by GREG
 04/20/2022 10:26 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Nice. I caught it three years ago at 3-4ft overhead and it was a bucket list good time. That drift though, glad I had the zodiacs.
 04/20/2022 11:59 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I could sure use some of that right now! Glad you scored.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 04/24/2022 05:47 AM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Quick 2 day trip to Chicama? That's crazy! How long did it take to get there? Assuming you left from MCO?

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden
 04/24/2022 08:32 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

The whole trip was from March 27th to April 8th so 11 days. After Cusco and Machu Picchu we flew to Trujillo and took a taxi up to Chicama in the evening, stayed three nights and had to fly back from Trujillo to Lima, spent the night and then back to the US. My recommendation is to plan plenty of time between local flights as many are delayed and you don't want to miss the connecting flight. Next time I would spend more time in Lima and check out the local breaks, plus spend more time in Chicama to get a better swell and explore the waves within an hour north and south.

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 04/24/2022 08:45 PM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

My 8-hour bus ride from Lima to Trujillo was painful for 2 reasons: 1) We took the ghetto chicken transport bus with lopsided tires; 2) Every corner along the coastal road showed an incredible left point break, but we couldn't stop and go surf.

From Trujillo, it's a short trip to the beach at Playa Huanchaco. Definitely worth checking out and maybe spending a few nights. The bay, with a pier in the middle, holds decent swell, but the water next to the pier is sketchy (sewage-wise).

From Huanchaco, it's only 1-2 hours (depending on a lot of things) to reach Puerto Chicama, which is truly one of the wonders of the world.

Even more breaks, with warmer water, north of Chicama. I was surprised how cold the water was at Chicama (and notably colder just south of Lima).

Glad you scored, Greg. Everyone, goofy-foot or not, should check this country out. But be prepared for some Pacific Power. The oil-slick glass is deceiving.

Edit: I think the Miami-Lima flight was around 6 hours. I flew from Trujillo back to Lima, instead of taking the bus. Flight was cheap, about 1 hour, all looking at the coast again from above, and no problem getting boards on the plane.

Edited: 04/24/2022 at 08:46 PM by CurtisEflush
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .