Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: It took a while but I finally got it.
Topic Summary: 1993 FJ80 diesel.
Created On: 06/11/2022 04:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/11/2022 04:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

And it's magnificent.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/11/2022 05:23 PM

Kimo63

Joined Forum: 04/22/2012

That's a nice combo . Did someone already do the swap for you ?
 06/12/2022 03:34 AM

SURFSMURF

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Factory motor correct? Pictures!!!
 06/12/2022 03:48 AM

dingpatch

Is that the one with 5 Future boxes?

Dora Hates You
 06/12/2022 04:39 AM

johnnyboy

It's the factory motor. Five speed manual. I thought it had 500,000 miles but that was kilometers. It's definitely powerful and slow but it's beautiful. I haven't seen another fj80 diesel I'm this country before.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/12/2022 04:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Cool!

"Which Land Cruiser engine is best?
But the best engine for off-roading may be the 3.3-liter V6 turbodiesel, which will allegedly offer 308 hp and 501 lb-ft of torque - a full 100 lb-ft more than the gas V8. Torque, of course, is helpful for off-roading, as it's the primary accelerative force that helps you drive over obstacles at low speeds."

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/13/2022 05:02 PM

johnnyboy

This one is restored and pretty high up with 33"s. It's a low end torque machine.

06/17/2022 04:44 AM

Bamboo

Love the older Land Smashers!!!
And toyotas in general are some of the best cars on the road in any format.

The older land smashers are very cool. The diesel is definite plus and makes it unique.
Mike Erdman Toyota had a '74?? J40 with a factory diesel that I think came in from Canada. Totally restored and is for display only. Probably sell in today's market for around 100k??? gawd who knows, the market is nuts now.

In early 2020 was at a shop and saw a '72 J40 in good, not great condition but was all in one piece and straight, factory everything, and no real rust issues. It was getting all new brakes put on and the owner wanted to sell for 8k but might take less in cash. Took pics and sent to my brother as he collects stuff like this but he had a full hanger and a couple projects going and declined. I looked hard at it but in Florida have no real use for a real 4wd here. Had a couple good 4wd vehicles in florida and never really used them as they should be used, last one was a really nice K5 with a slicked up 350ci. Probably should have kept that one as it was a beast.

In hind sight wish i would have bought that '72 J40 and think about it now and again...prices on even trashed J40s has gotten really high.
But I could say that about a lot of cars/trucks/guitars/amps/surfboards/etc. over the years!!! LOL.

Glad you jumped on that one!
Should last you a lifetime, can't kill the old Toyotas!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 06/17/2022 at 04:58 AM by Bamboo
 06/17/2022 10:08 AM

johnnyboy

I sold my FJ40 1974 in used beat up condition in 1999 for 2100.00 It was a bit of a beater but it was original. I kept confusing myself for a guy with enough money to have two cars at the same time. I also had a gift for sinking thousands of dollars into a car worth hundreds of dollars so that didnt help either.

06/18/2022 10:05 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Lol^ For a while, when we were first married, my wife and I had four cars between us, nothin newer than '72, and on any given day, two could be counted on to get you to work. VW bus and super beetle, Audi 100LS, Opel GT. Greasy hands, busted knuckles, good times. Thanks for sparking that memory.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 06/18/2022 12:38 PM

Bamboo

The opal GT comment brought back some memories! A buddy had one and i remember i thought the coolest thing was the headlights...they were manually operated. Good looking little car, we'd go cruising to Santa Cruz and when we saw a cute girl he'd operate the headlights to "wink" at her! Ha!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 06/19/2022 at 03:51 AM by Bamboo
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .