Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: PAT TROPHSKY
Topic Summary: "WHO DA GUY" Segment (the first in a series)
Created On: 01/29/2023 04:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/29/2023 04:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jeff kennedy

Joined Forum: 09/30/2004

I have a large list of surfers from my past that I often think about. I always tell people the best part of surfing is the life lasting relationships. The surfers I am going to mention I may know little or nothing about. Please add and correct with your memories. I plan on doing one of these a week if this goes well. Here goes.

PAT TROPHSKY- I was probably 14. Pat was 28. He was a playalinda surfer that was part of the Water Rockets crew. I was introduced to him by Georege the "Rat Dog " himself. I only maybe saw this guy surf a handful of times. This was back when Playalinda closed for the shuttle and those guys would bring their whole crew to Cocoa Beach. That crew was a Full Day Crew of Beers and Bar BQ.

Pat stood out for a number of reasons of which this kids memory remembers. This is the part where you should feel free to correct me...
He had been bit at Playalinda by a shark and had a story. (I don't exactly remember but it was a hand bite, something like his shiny watch attracted it)
The guy was red as shit as this was pre sunblock. He always had a gold necklace but took his jewelery off to surf. He had a badass mustache and you would not ever even have a chance at the same wave. He could pound beer all day and still paddle out and put on a clinic. The main point of this story is that Pat ripped. Hell he may still rip, but I thought I would put this out there to see what I might find out.

-------------------------
www.happyponysurf.com
 01/30/2023 07:41 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

P-Linda is pretty sharky area! I like the 'Who Da Guy' series!
 02/01/2023 03:01 PM

LIV2SURFDT

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Pat Turowski? Beat me in an ESA final by doing a hand-stand. On a shortboard. Was a fun guy to surf with, thats for sure. A couple of those Playalinda guys were regulars at my beach when I lived at 16th. All good guys. How ya doing Jeff Kennedy? remember those days, you were a skinny little towhead that would run off with my board as I was talkin to my girl on the beach. Those were good days...DT
 02/01/2023 03:37 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

David Terasavage ?

Edited: 02/01/2023 at 04:02 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 02/01/2023 04:24 PM

LIV2SURFDT

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

No but I went to high school with him. He was a year or two older I think...
 02/01/2023 05:02 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Now your making me feel old ---- David always went by the nick of DT ,as well .
 02/01/2023 06:30 PM

jeff kennedy

Joined Forum: 09/30/2004

Ha Ha! Okay, that sounds more right- Turowski. So many people you surf with for so long youre embarassed to ask what there name is. DT and Rick were my first surf coaches at Natural Art. (we'll do your who da guy one day Taught us alot. I'm still around 16th just hoping the bars come back soon.

-------------------------
www.happyponysurf.com
FORUMS : Surfing : PAT TROPHSKY

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .