Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Rusty Schafer
Topic Summary: WHO DA Guy (3rd)
Created On: 02/06/2023 05:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/06/2023 05:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jeff kennedy

Joined Forum: 09/30/2004

Rusty was a Pier "local". How many of us are reminded of our favorite Run-ins at our local surf spot? Maybe this is just a thing of the past. In any case, most of mine have Rusty somewhere in the middle of it. Think of the Pier as a Wrestling ring with your cast of heroes and villains. I'm not sure which one Rusty was but I will say Marty and Mark Rhodes (AntBat RIP) were two of his toughest opponents. These guys battled in any conditions and I can't say who was the victor.
Rusty was an active ESA competior with some titles that arent important. He was a team member of Natural Art and rode Go Surf's and then New designs when T. Maus came around. I'm sure he rode other boards too, i just am not sure which ones.
One of the original instructors for Craig Carroll at the surf school. Rusty did lessons with a generation of us. He was a Typhoon Lagoon regular and was my favorite guy to work with there. Rusty's goto line was "Go Figure".
I know Rusty passed a few years ago quietly but I heard little, I do know in hindsight that his presence is one that is hard to replace in the lineup. Please add accordingly.

-------------------------
www.happyponysurf.com
 02/07/2023 05:00 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The pier crew was something else. Rusty was the rare good surfer that couldn't be bothered with going to the "better" spots. The pier it was. Hell, other than ESA contests, I don't think I saw him anywhere else?

-------------------------
I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : Rusty Schafer

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .