Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fisherman pull gun on surfer
Topic Summary: Jax
Created On: 05/20/2023 03:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2023 10:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid

Video made it look like the fisherman was casting diagonal in the direction of surfers that weren't even directly in front of him. Fisher reminded me of the guy that shot someone outside a convenience store in clearwater. Guy carrying takes his carrying as license to be aggressive with the knowledge that if shit goes sideways he just whips out his gun. This is why in the not too distant past carrying was limited to trained officials or people that demonstrated real need and training.

US military bases know this.

-------------------------
I was right.
 05/24/2023 11:00 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

"Or does it only apply to the guy with the gun?" I'm not sure, but the scenario that really frosts me is -

A guy cuts in front of me in a line. I think he just doesn't know he did it, so I tap him on the shoulder (assault?) and tell him there is a line. so he whips his gun out and blasts away. He then tells the cop, "He assaulted him and I feared for my life." To make matters worse, FL law was recently revised. The State's Attorney has to prove he didn't fear for his life. It used to be the shooter had to prove he did. Big, big difference. He probably gets off. Florida has gone nuts.
 05/24/2023 11:36 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

i expect an increase of these type incidents here in the gunshine state
 05/24/2023 01:02 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

The "Stand Your Ground" laws are SERIOUSLY fucked up!! In the overwhelming % of cases, where I have seen the "law" used, the person doing the shooting could just easily ...... WALK THE FUCK AWAY!!!

BTW .... anyone that has spent any amount of time at the Jax Bch Pier (I have spent a LOT of time there) has seen these types of confrontations on the somewhat regular ...... minus the gun.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 05/24/2023 at 01:04 PM by LBLarry
 05/24/2023 01:13 PM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

It appears the fisherman pulling out his concealed lcp defused the situation. The moron surfer that punched him in the nose would have kept swinging but quickly realized he fcked around and found out. You walk up and sucker punch someone or attempt to do so your asking to get shot.. Not sure what the fuss is about. The fisherman is in the right
 05/24/2023 05:12 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: waterlizard25 The fisherman is in the right
because ....he couldn't leave his gun at home? tell us more.
 05/24/2023 10:56 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Why even fish there, if it is a place that you feel like you would need to pack a gun?
 05/25/2023 04:39 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If you watch the long clip, you can see the fisherman cast toward to group in the water. And there is no mention of a punch by the gunman. Unfortunately, the video is too distant to see detail.

I wonder if someone was looking to settle a score.

I was right.
 05/25/2023 05:21 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

If you watch the long clip, you can see the fisherman cast toward to group in the water. And there is no mention of a punch by the gunman. Unfortunately, the video is too distant to see detail.

I wonder if someone was looking to settle a score.

The article I read quotes him as saying the guy punched him and the cops said it was apparent that he had been punched.

and FYI...
2) 790.25(3) - "Lawful use" authorizes the conceal carry and open carry of firearms while fishing, hunting or camping, or while going to or returning from fishing, hunting or camping.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/25/2023 07:54 AM

garcia

Yes, that is what the law states and yes, that is crazy. We had a couple of guys parading up and down Ocean Ave with their Don't Tread on Me flag, a couple of ARs and a beat to crap fishing rod. They went east, west, east again and, when stopped by the cops said, "We are going fishing". The cops had to back off. These types of a-holes give honest sportsmen a bad name. The NRA and the GQP back these sociopaths.
 05/25/2023 11:14 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

this what happens
culture change needed

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/26/2023 06:25 AM

waterlizard25

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry
Originally posted by: waterlizard25 The fisherman is in the right
because ....he couldn't leave his gun at home? tell us more.
I have had many run ins with fisherman in my surfing voyages. I've been hooked, I've had lead egg sinkers tossed at me, I've been followed all the way up the beach to my vehicle by guys who think they own the ocean. The best way to handle it is by ignoring and paddle/walk away but that doesn't always work, in fact it hardly works. The aggressor is still pissed and typically wants more chaos. The funniest part about you all hating on the fisherman pulling his firearm is.... Ready..? the surfer took off quickly before the cops arrived because he knows he assaulted the fisherman, the fisherman stayed because he knows he was within his rights (stand your ground law) StirfryMcflurry I suggest you stay inside on your computer in fairyland if you are that uncomfortable being around someone with a concealed carry license that's prepared to protect themselves in the real world. He defused the situation by simply pulling out his permitted firearm, he didn't fire a single shot and the surfer learned a lesson. It happens every single day around the globe. The fisherman is clearly calm and collected while pulling it and didn't attempt to press charges on the swing (assault) because he could have if witnesses saw. Obviously the smart move would have been to not pull his lcp and try to talk with the surfer but as soon as the surfer closes distance on the fisherman face to face he has no other choice. Don't come running up in someone's face aggressively you don't know or else things can turn sideways quickly no matter the situation. People are unpredictable there is no telling what happens if he doesn't pull his lcp. I know the majority of you complaining about this aren't from the state of FL and yall are soft as charmin toilet paper
 05/26/2023 08:36 AM

StirfryMcflurry

I hear you. I don't necessarily agree but to each his own. My first comment was a scoff at that spot, which I will avoid for this and other reasons among which are Jax locals (in general), Florida Man, F-150 cowboys, open carry, & meth-heads, . For now it's still easy for me to surf / fish at a beach where that's not likely to happen.
 05/28/2023 02:12 PM

LBLarry

Sssssooooo .... I made some inquiries with my old JBX crew and the firsthand report was that the Fisherman assclown was being at total dick. Repeatedly casting diagonally down the beach, into a group of surfers that were about 100 feet away from the pier Dude deserved to get his ass kicked.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

05/30/2023 08:59 AM

waterlizard25

Originally posted by: LBLarry Sssssooooo .... I made some inquiries with my old JBX crew and the firsthand report was that the Fisherman assclown was being at total dick. Repeatedly casting diagonally down the beach, into a group of surfers that were about 100 feet away from the pier Dude deserved to get his ass kicked.
Cool opinion from your informed "crew", go attempt to kick his azz and see what happens lmao you libtards don't learn do you?
 05/30/2023 11:09 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

My baby's momma's cousin's neighbor told me....

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/30/2023 11:45 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: waterlizard25 ] Cool opinion from your informed "crew", go attempt to kick his azz and see what happens lmao you libtards don't learn do you?
LMAO stopped reading at "libtards" avoiding folks like you & jax pier is easier, for now
 05/31/2023 05:42 AM

garcia

It took longer than usual, but, it was inevitable - the usual dipsticks weigh in.
 05/31/2023 07:02 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I figured this was destine for NSR when I started it, But it did last longer than expected. And I think scombrid got it right: "Guy carrying takes his carrying as license to be aggressive..."

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 05/31/2023 05:50 PM

LBLarry

the beauty of the "Ignore User" feature of this forum is that you do not see posts from assclowns.

For the record, my information on what happened with the surfer & the fisherman was from several friends that I have known for decades, trust explicitly and WERE IN THE GROUP OF SURFERS IN THE WATER. I lived in JBX for about 25 years.

Edited: 05/31/2023 at 05:51 PM by LBLarry
FORUMS : Surfing : Fisherman pull gun on surfer

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .