Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/03/2018 09:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 19 20 21 22 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/01/2019 06:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

I think you need to move this discussion to the Natl Enquirer section. This is clearly an issue of religion to some and seems to rely more on faith than reason. My one and only point all year is that UCF fans (which I consider myself to be, albeit second to the Gators) need to be satisfied with the progress they have made and not allow themselves to be deluded into believing they are NC contenders solely because they are undefeated. Strength of schedule matters; and, for whatever reason (and, no, that does not include "conspiracy"), UCF's SOS is subpar. When the Gators played Nebraska in the Sugar Bowl in 1973 (and lost 17-13), I was as happy as I have ever been (not happier, as happy) with a Gator game. It showed they were on a path to better things. Same thing this year with their win in the Peach. UCF fans would benefit with a dose of perspective.
 01/01/2019 06:27 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: garcia RiddleMe - No, not faux news (I wouldn't read them on a bet); ESPN. I know, they are in another one in the vast conspiracy against UCF, but, it is the best I can come up with - http://www.espn.com/college-fo...-series-vs-ucf-knights
that article and what you wrote dont jive brother. said right there they hadnt even talked yet.
Stricklin said he and UCF athletic director Danny White have not spoken about scheduling a game.

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 06:35 PM by RiddleMe
 01/01/2019 06:46 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Notre Dame was undefeated this year and didn't even play a conference championship game. Somehow they get in though and laid a big fat egg. Not even competitive. Yet they were undefeated and their strength of schedule was better. So, what did strength of schedule do for them? Plus I showed you earlier comparative scores where as the same team UCF wiped the map with and notre dame struggled with. Notre Dame was a paper tiger and got in due to they are Notre Dame and have a big fan base. UCF was undefeated with a weaker SOS but was competitive in their bowl game with a pretty good LSU team. So the proof of SOS, at least to me, doesn't say anything. UCF was a better team than Notre Dame.

Regardless, you are the one that is carrying on about it and it seems like UCF success has really bothered you. Thanks for keeping little ole UCF in the conversation. Glad my team has made it to 'big boy' football. UCF will be back in 2019 even bigger and stronger. 2nd year coach Heupel will be that much better. Of course, it all can fall flat on its face as well. And, yes it is just entertainment. Garcia you have a real I-told-you-so attitude. But, you aren't telling us anything we don't already know. Have a great day. I gotta hit the hay, New Year Eve party and all day football has me super tired. This Georgia-Texas game currently on has been pretty good.

Sill waiting for LBLarry great insight on Manny Diaz as Head Coach at Miami. Is he still a 'questionable' coach?
 01/02/2019 03:23 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Concur, UCF should have been ahead of ND. ( explained previously)

Hope UCF will make application to ACC. Perfect fit.

On Canes/ Diaz. We wanted Diaz to replace Richt long before CMR resigned. This is a dyanmic , hard charging coach. At 44 he may be considered "young"

His first interview he stated that : 242 days until we play the Gators. Immediatly 3 linebackers decided to return. He has dismissed the entire offensive staff. He knows and had made the change that CMR would not.

Lots of irony here. Our last 2 coaches have come from Temple.????!!!!!

I am so very, stoked by this move.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 01/02/2019 06:28 AM

Central Floridave

Texas beats Georgia last night. Oh Oh, the longhorns are back!
 01/02/2019 07:12 AM

Central Floridave

Best post Fiesta Bowl game article I read. Tells the story rather well.

Let's appreciate Central Florida's feel-good, polarizing win streak now that it is over

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...preciation/2460131002/
 01/02/2019 08:08 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

I cant be more excited with the retiring of Mark Richt and the hiring of Manny Diaz. Possible Offensive coordinators consist of Larry Fedora, Kendal Briles, Rob Chudzinski, Ken Dorsey. It seems Manny favors Fedora so far. Fedora coached Marquis Williams and Mitchell Trubisky while at NC. Great O coordinator. Losing Kingsbury to USC sucksss! He would have been the perfect fit at Miami.
 01/02/2019 08:15 AM

Central Floridave

Dana Holgorsen's Hiring at Houston a Sign of the Group of Five's Rising Ceiling
http://www.si.com/college-foot...-houston-west-virginia
 01/03/2019 02:52 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Sill waiting for LBLarry great insight on Manny Diaz as Head Coach at Miami. Is he still a 'questionable' coach?

been busy, but I will get back to this.

In the mean time if you are gong to "quote" me can you at least get it correct?? I said that IMO, he is "a tad over rated" as a DC

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/04/2019 07:12 AM

Central Floridave

01/07/2019 08:59 AM

Central Floridave

Alabama is a 5.5 favorite over Clemson for tonight's National Championship game.

I'm pulling for Clemson I guess.
 01/07/2019 09:44 PM

whitey

Joined Forum: 12/03/2011

UCF was a better team than ND? Where did you come up with that one?
 01/08/2019 05:06 AM

Central Floridave

Final AP poll

1. Clemson (61)
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU
T7. Florida
T7. Georgia
9. Texas
10. Washington State
11. UCF
12. Kentucky
13. Washington
14. Michigan
15. Syracuse
16. Texas A&M
17. Penn State
18. Fresno State
19. Army West Point
20. West Virginia
21. Northwestern
22. Utah State
23. Boise State
24. Cincinnati
25. Iowa
 01/08/2019 05:22 AM

Central Floridave

Interesting Georgia and Florida tied. Georgia beat Florida and has one extra win.

Clemson really thumped Bama last night. All year we heard how Bama was unbeatable. Well, glad they got to settle it on the field. They could really expand the playoff and make it work. There was a lot of down time and mean-nothing-bowls that could have been a Quarter-Final. 8 team playoff. Maybe we will see it some day.

01/08/2019 10:47 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

OK, so Clemson's ass-whipping of Alabama put Clemson's ass-whipping of Notre Dame in perspective, but #5 is still pretty generous for ND.

But Texas beats Georgia, and winds up behind them? I thought this was supposed to reflect team quality as of this week, not some averaged resume of their full body of work.

I do not understand...

If not an expanded playoff, then the non-CFP bowl games should pit #5 against #6, #7 vs #8, #9 vs #10, etc...
 01/08/2019 06:47 PM

Central Floridave

Also, Florida beat LSU but LSU ranked higher. Beating UCF moved them from #13 to #6 ???

Also, UCF now has a 'quality loss' against LSU. Should we have moved up? They do that in the regular season.

Thus, how stupid basing a playoff on people's perceptions. So dumb. Whatever.

Clemson blowout draws lowest TV ratings for CFP title game
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Clemson's blowout victory over Alabama in the College Football Playoff drew a 14.6 overnight rating for ESPN across its multiple-channel broadcast, the lowest-rated title game in the 5-year-old postseason system.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/...p-title-game/38863005/
 01/09/2019 06:41 AM

Central Floridave

I couldn't have written this any better!

Why I'm Not All That Sad About the End of The Streak
No one can ever take away what UCF rightfully earned on the field the last two seasons.
By JeffSharon@Jeff_Sharon Jan 8, 2019, 1:28pm EST
http://www.blackandgoldbannere...sz9ty5VDcneKtyFBS5gbGo

Edited: 01/09/2019 at 06:42 AM by Central Floridave
 01/09/2019 06:59 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Some interesting insights in this ESPN segment, including Paul Finebaum being humble.

The ESPN segment points out that, although the sports world at large has considered this the Alabama era, perhaps it has really been the Clemson era since the CFP playoff system began. One reason I favor an expanded playoff is simply because Nick Saban opposes it.

With Georgia and Alabama losing to non-SEC teams, it suggests maybe the entire SEC was overrated this year. If you use the SEC in general as a reference to rank other teams, you bias the entire ranking process.
 01/09/2019 07:26 AM

Central Floridave

Also, like i mentioned before Ohio State being left out of the CFP two years in a row after winning the Big 10 prob has people asking questions. Big 10 is a rich and powerful conference and highly influential. If they start making a splash then it gets changed to 8 teams.

FORUMS : NPNR : 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football

<< 19 20 21 22 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .