Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: My consolidated Bone Marrow Transplant blog
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2018 08:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/05/2019 10:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Safeway chitlins? LOL.

congrats
 12/13/2019 10:51 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Got the last of my "boosters" this morning; 7 needles, , , ,!. No more vaccinations until next August!

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 12/19/2019 06:21 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Got Hep A, part 2 recently. Brevard's had a lot of it. A neighbor had a terrible case of squamous cell carcinoma in his neck. It got out of hand before it was noticed. Didn't show much on the surface. After a year, he's a bit weakened, lost some hearing, but the prognosis looks great. I'd teleport a bottle of Scotch but my brain isn't up to it. I'd read a cool story on the stuff, found it was available at a small liquor store on Malabar Rd (I think in Melbourne Beach, too), drove up and ran it home.
 12/20/2019 08:53 AM

dingpatch

FOOK Me!!!!

I had blood labs yesterday to check to see if my "counts" had come up after all the B12 and Folic acid. After the chemo last year, my blood "counts" will never be as high as they once were, OK, knew that, , , , ,!

BUT NOW, , , , they are still low; too low for my Oncologist to be happy, , , , ,!

So, I'm going to have the pleasure of having another bone marrow biopsy (my 3rd or 4th, they are so easy to forget, , , ,)! The Lake Nona VA does bone marrow biopsies on Wednesdays but, that is Christmas and New Years Day, and my Docotor wants it done ASAP so they have made special arrangements and scheduled my biopsy for the 30th. So cool, I just can not wait, , , , , NOT!!! LOL

My Oncologist also told me to keep close track of my temperature; if I get a fever, GO to the ER ASAP because I have a very weak immune system.

Dora Hates You
 12/20/2019 12:01 PM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

Hang in there Dingpatch!! Ill be praying for ya!
 12/21/2019 06:25 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Ugh. Cancer sux. Hoping for the best.
 12/21/2019 05:22 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Stay strong ding, we're praying for you.

When two or more are gathered together in prayer good things happen...
 01/10/2020 10:27 AM

dingpatch

Bone marrow biopsy results are in and I have a case of Myelodysplastic Syndrome. Not too big of a deal. Could have been Acute Leukemia!!!

Going to start rounds of a light chemo. No "infusions", just little shots in the belly.

BUT, good possibility of another free vacation (LOL) in Nashville for a "mini bone marrow transplant".

Dora Hates You
 01/11/2020 06:42 AM

dingpatch

The "ball" has already started rolling, , , , , ALL of my counts are low, and my White Count is Critically Low. IF I get a fever, I am to go to the ER.

My VA Oncologist called me shortly after I got home yesterday afternoon. I start chemo this Monday, and then every day after that for the rest of the week. Rinse-and-repeat again for 5 days every following month until there is an improvement in my blood counts.

BUT, it will not stop there. The Director of the Bone Marrow Transplant unit in Nashville has already placed orders to have me start the process of returning to Nashville for a new transplant! Although, this time, I will need a compatible bone marrow/stem cell donor. My own bone marrow is No Fucking Good.

My brother will be the first donor candidate. If he is not a "match", I'm open to suggestions. Who here would like to be my BFF and get a free trip to Nashville? Oh, and, , , , the down side for you would be the blood tests for "substances": NO THC, NO nicotine (no smoke, dip, gum or patches!), NO NICOTINE.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 01/11/2020 at 06:46 AM by dingpatch
 01/16/2020 08:09 AM

dingpatch

I'm not too happy about it but, this is my last post to this thread, , , , , the Saga will continue in a new thread:

PHASE 2 of My consolidated Bone Marrow Transplant blog !!!!

Dora Hates You
FORUMS : NPNR : My consolidated Bone Marrow Transplant blog

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .