Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Northbound I95 at Wickham Road
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/25/2019 04:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/25/2019 04:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

So, the other day I was south of Pineda on Wickham Road and wanted to go to the Lowes in Rockledge. So, I took Pineda to I95. I had just really got merged and up-to-speed when the outside lane in front of me came to a halt. I thought that there might be a wreck but, the center and inside lanes were at speed. Pulled into the center lane and proceeded on.

North bound traffic was backed up almost all the way to Pineda with cars exiting I95 at Wickham!?!?! All the County and School Board types?

Does this happen every workday? There was no backup on the South bound exit. Could have been a wreck on Wickham.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 02/25/2019 05:00 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

My son caught up in traffic there on Friday as well. I think volume traffic.
 02/25/2019 05:04 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

There was an issue at the train tracks heading east and two wrecks on the west bound lanes at the 95/Pineda bridge. There were three wrecks on the Pineda exchange the day before.

That being said, the more houses you build the more traffic you have.

I was right.

Edited: 02/25/2019 at 05:05 AM by Cole
 02/25/2019 06:40 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

is most of construction on wickham in that area done now? also is new on/off ramp at viera open yet? havent been that way in a while.
 02/25/2019 09:48 AM

waterrat

Joined Forum: 05/26/2005

the viera exits aren't open yet.
I get to drive 95 everyday. I'm so lucky.
 02/25/2019 09:59 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

once that opens, that should really help traffic
 02/25/2019 10:31 AM

dingpatch

The I95-Wickham area generally just plain sucks. At "those" times of the day, the traffic that is entering I95 (both directions) is backed up into the "straight" lanes; even though the entrance lanes are extra, extra, long.

The one thing that puts me over-the-top is the traffic turning into the Chick-fil-A and McDonalds. The "Red" light does not seem to be of any concern to them and, otherwise, they routinely block Wickham when they get to a standstill while turning.

Dora Hates You
 02/25/2019 05:46 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I did the Orlando commute for 6 months last year from Satty, wife still does the Cape.

We both got on I-95N @ Pineda between 8-9 am, and immediately had to move to the left lanes.

They actually have a sign warning of congestion ahead near the exit -- at least a mile before you get there.

Yes, it's that bad.
 02/25/2019 07:26 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Too many people here now.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/26/2019 07:04 AM

scombrid

Cow town traffic management for big city volumes. We have what I call "stop and stoplight" exits where the exits dump into stoplights on the surface streets either side of the overpass. These are the cheapest to build, requiring the least construction cost and least amount of property acquisition. But they also move the least amount of traffic. I95 north right lane backs up from Pineda to Wickham every morning. Right lanes back up at Eau Gallie northbound and southbound every morning. Malabar Road exit is a disaster southbound in the afternoon. US1 southbound is horrendous in the morning at Suntree. Priority is given to the northbound cars turning left from US1 to Suntree so the southbound US1 light doesn't let enough cars through on each cycle. Backs up to Landscape Depot at a minimum every morning without exception. Ever notice how 192 is a parking lot? Not enough lanes for the volume. Hardly any right turn lanes. They permitted all of those business on that road but never expanded the road to accommodate the volume of traffic that need to access that many businesses. I'd wager that businesses on 192 actually lose some money to the traffic. I will not go to a business on 192 unless it is a last resort. I think Ferguson's and Dusty Rhodes airboat shop are the only places I've been on 192 in the last 5 years. Want to hear my rant about 520 across Merritt Island? You can pay the money in tax/tolls/fees to maintain and upgrade roads or you can pay it sitting in your fucking car for hours on end or beating the shit out of it on Babcock potholes.

02/26/2019 09:22 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Too many people here now.
Those words were ringing true 15 years ago. Now its just a shit show.
 02/28/2019 04:23 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Brevard's always been like that. Low taxes.
 03/01/2019 06:37 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Starting to sound like south Florida, just not as many hot Latinas : (( But, seriously yeah growing pains and not enough tax or whatever funds to pay for stuff. As much as I had many years of good memories I'm glad I moved up here to Ormond ( hope to move to Flagler Beach soon as that place is nice). Sure the surf up here isn't as good and yeah Daytona is a bit crazy, but that's where my job is and honestly they just seem to have it together well planned out or something and everything seems to just jive. I notice the difference so much when I come back down to cocoa beach to visit my pops... it just seems like Brevard's infustructre is so much worse!

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

03/12/2019 02:35 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Edited: 03/13/2019 at 05:42 AM by SurferMic
 03/13/2019 06:24 AM

sw

Joined Forum: 10/13/2005

Drove over the Viera Blvd. overpass yesterday and the exits to I95 still aren't open yet, but what a weird traffic pattern for the overpass. The East-West lanes actually cross over each other so that you end up driving on the opposite side of the road as you go over 95. Once you're over 95, the lanes switch you back onto the normal side of the road. So unusual.

I Googled it and it looks like it's called a Diverging diamond interchange.
 03/13/2019 07:20 AM

scombrid

They had plenty of room to install a clover leaf at Vierra. But the diverging diamond was cheaper and moves more cars than the stoplight styles at Eau Gallie, 192, Palm Bay, Malbar.... Still end up with a light on either side of the interstate to stop the flow though.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .