Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: UCF QB McKenzie Milton's journey, in his own words: 'I got hurt for a reason'
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/18/2019 09:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2020 10:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I read that ESPN on downfall of fsu. Jimbo fisher was the cause. Letting criminoles on the team then knowing he was leaving and stopped recruiting.

UCF @USF 3:30pm today. ESPN. Hope to see McKenzie get in and take some snaps. Maybe, or maybe not.

11/27/2020 05:40 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

I read that ESPN on downfall of fsu. Jimbo fisher was the cause. Letting criminoles on the team then knowing he was leaving and stopped recruiting.

UCF @USF 3:30pm today. ESPN. Hope to see McKenzie get in and take some snaps. Maybe, or maybe not.

Jimbo most dif put the screws to FSU. He spent a TON of money on new buildings and stuff ..... pretty much sucking the donors dry, making it VERY hard to sign a top flight replacement coach. Then left the player cupboards barren.

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 12/03/2020 07:11 AM

Central Floridave

McKenzie Milton will go down as one of the best players in the history of the UCF football program. On Thursday he announced he'd be leaving to pursue his dreams and gave a hearty thank you to Knight Nation.

12/03/2020 01:21 PM

johnnyboy

Playing for someone else or hanging it up?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/03/2020 01:26 PM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

"Plans to enter the transfer portal." Still dreams of playing in NFL.

Speculation that he might land under former UCF Coach Frost at Nebraska.

Edited: 12/03/2020 at 01:27 PM by CurtisEflush
 12/03/2020 02:19 PM

Central Floridave

"It's been something I've been thinking about since the beginning of the season--because I knew I was on track to be able to play again," says Milton.

"I came to Coach Heupel during the bye week in November - I didn't want to blindside him at the end of the season.

"With the trajectory of our team, Dillon has earned the right to be our quarterback. And yet I have one shot to chase a dream.

"If I was a coach, I couldn't make DG take a back seat. He's earned it. But, at the same time, I want to play, too.

"I told Coach, 'It's hard, one of the hardest things for me to do. but it makes the most sense.'

"I tried to think about it more logically than emotionally because I bleed black and gold - this is where my heart is at. At the same time, I've got one shot to go get it.

"Coach got emotional--I love him, he loves me. I think maybe I caught him off-guard - but it's just one of those things.

"It's DG's team now - I feel like the torch is passed. He's gonna take it to a whole 'nother level.

"I've watched college football all my life, and any time I've ever seen two quarterbacks compete it hasn't worked out. DG is like a little brother to me--and with the trajectory he's on, I wouldn't want to slow down his momentum.

"I don't think anything could come between DG and me - but I felt it was the best decision for both sides."

12/03/2020 05:14 PM

CurtisEflush

FSU had success with 2 QBs (Jimmy Jordan and Wally Woodham) from 1977-1979, but KZ isn't old enough to remember that.
 12/03/2020 05:38 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush

"Plans to enter the transfer portal." Still dreams of playing in NFL.

Speculation that he might land under former UCF Coach Frost at Nebraska.

Your boy Scottie Frost needs someone to help save his job. He hasn't even come close to smelling a winning season in Lincoln and Husker fan is very soon going to stop giving even this most favorite of sons any more leash.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 12/04/2020 08:15 AM

johnnyboy

Frost and Milton could be the redemption story of next year. It's high frame for sure.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/04/2020 08:16 AM

CurtisEflush

Yeah, I don't know if Frost would be there long enough to see KZ out of his eligibility. If I were Coach Frost, I wouldn't bet my job on a QB with that injury and lack of field time the last 2 years. Likewise, if I were KZ and wanting to play in the NFL, I wouldn't be looking at Nebraska.

I wish them both the best, but they're both gonna need a lot of the right breaks. KZ will have to land somewhere with the right fit.
 12/04/2020 01:06 PM

johnnyboy

What a made for tv story though. It could be the alchemy they both need.

12/04/2020 05:40 PM

Central Floridave

That would be some kind of comeback story. Scott Frost said a couple weeks ago that he would hire McKenzie for his coaching staff. He is definitely going that route into coaching. I can see him coming back to UCF has a head coach in the future like Scott Frost went back to his Alma Mater to be the savior. Lord knows Cornhusker football is a cult-ish religion in Nebraska. What else they got?

Nebraska AD recently said Scott Frost isn't going anywhere as along as he is AD. So, they gonna have to crucify him also.

Dillon Gabriel is a better Qb than McKenzie is in my opinion. He is much more accurate passer and smarter with the football. McKenzie is a Manziel like-clone and gunslinger risk chancer. Dillon is the pocket passer that can hit a receiver anywhere on the field. Not as effective of running but does at sneaky times. McKenzie with the ball in his hand the play is never dead and is exciting to watch. But, NFL, prob not. Dillon Gabriel is NFL caliber like Tua. I wish McKenzie the best but he is doing the right thing by transferring, and not more to play, but to have a better resume at coaching. He stated that is what he wants to do. Frost likes to have a back up Qb clip board holder. He has really helped Gabriel in the past two years with that and is just as part of Dillon's Gabriel record setting two year career. Breaking Daunte Culpeppers freshman records to holding the #1 offense in the NCAA this year.

12/05/2020 07:37 PM

johnnyboy

He's a great guy and adversity has revealed his great character. But he's aging out and I agree their first string starter is just better. Their are lots of variables here that will make this interstinf and worth following.

12/13/2020 03:58 PM

Central Floridave

Milton is transferring to FSU.

12/14/2020 09:52 AM

johnnyboy

WTF. Poor bastard.

12/14/2020 10:49 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Milton is transferring to FSU.

We'll take him! Pretty sure we are like one transfer away from accepting walk ons!
 04/13/2021 09:39 AM

Central Floridave

01/12/2022 06:02 AM

Central Floridave

One last game for McKenzie Milton at UCF Bounce House this Saturday:

McKenzie Milton to represent UCF and Florida State in Hula Bowl
Bounce House at UCF will host the 2022 Hula Bowl at noon on Jan. 15

https://www.clickorlando.com/s...da-state-in-hula-bowl/

01/12/2022 12:03 PM

Central Floridave

Great interview with Mckenzie Milton:

On this episode, Dan talks to former UCF and FSU quarterback McKenzie Milton about his time quarterbacking UCF to 25 consecutive wins, his gruesome injury that nearly made him lose his leg, and Milton offers a strong rebuttal to Kirk Herbstreit's comments about players sitting out bowl games.

You can support McKenzie Milton by buying a ticket to this weekend's Hula Bowl which will be played in Orlando at the Bounce House. Click the link here. Proceeds help the family of Otis Anderson, one of Milton's former teammates who died recently.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/...810283?i=1000547642593
 01/12/2022 12:04 PM

Central Floridave

I just got a couple tix to go to the Hulu bowl this saturday. what the heck. College football in our backyard Saturday at Noon. 25 bucks for General Admission:

FORUMS : NPNR : UCF QB McKenzie Milton's journey, in his own words...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .