Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: High speed rail, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/27/2020 08:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/07/2020 10:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SURFSMURF

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I thought that the virgin train has lower height than standard rail cars with shipping containers and will not clear the ceiling height of the box culvert tunnel at the turn from 528 to us1?
 02/08/2020 07:47 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

SCTPO RAIL VISION PLAN

https://spacecoasttpo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/AAF-Station-Report-final.pdf

-------------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

02/18/2020 04:43 AM

dingpatch

Hmmmm, , , , I've been taking the "shuttle" between the VAs in Viera and Lake Nona. Everyday I am surprised by the number of folks who comment and otherwise ask what all the "construction" is on the South side of 528!!

A lot of "What?" and "Really?"

Dora Hates You
 02/19/2020 03:30 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I met a guy who is the civil engineer on the project last weekend. He said no stops in Brevard. Closest stop will be in Orlando. 120mph. Train runs on electricity but with diesel generators producing the electricity. He said there will be many fatalities. He said they are working on the road stops and that if people don't heed those warnings a train is coming they will be smashed at 120mph. He said studies show that many people try to bypass the the gate after they have dropped. On slower trains that is sometimes doable, but 120 mph, not so much. He said the trains will be quieter than the older ones but still make a heck of a noise. They are building tracks parallel to the exisiting track. That is one reason why Pineda Extension is getting a bridge over. That is a main thoroughfare and they didn't want to stop traffic there. Train's have right of way. They can't stop quickly at 120mph and they will be going that fast thru brevard.
 02/19/2020 03:43 AM

dingpatch

As Grandpa used to say, , , , , , "The dumb must suffer!"

The Virgin folks say that the trains will go through the more populated areas at 85mph.

Dora Hates You
 02/19/2020 06:44 AM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

Haha, all that sounds pretty terrible.
 02/19/2020 11:02 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Rich folks on the Indian River County barrier island think they can get the Supreme Court to rule that the environmental impact statement for a federal loan to Virgin Trains was deficient, so the county may take up their offer of private funding for an appeal. The Pineda Extension crossing with a bridge is a good idea. I wonder about downtown Melbourne. Standard locomotives for a long time have been diesel electric. Wheels are powered by electric motors, the diesel engine serves as a generator. The setup proved itself long ago.

Edited: 02/19/2020 at 11:04 AM by ww
 02/23/2020 07:10 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

FDOT would rather use the space for more lanes.

Desperately needed.....

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
FORUMS : NPNR : High speed rail, , , ,

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .