Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Which brand of 9MikeMike do you like?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/12/2020 04:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/14/2020 12:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Not to be a contrarian, and I love a cheap piece for the range, I wouldn't consider a Taurus for carry. I had a TCP back when the micro 380 was all the rage, and it felt cheap and had an awful trigger.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/14/2020 12:51 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Taurus is great if your life doesn't depend on it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/14/2020 01:28 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

My wife and I each had a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro (9mikemike). They each got about 500 rounds through them and they were just fine.

I'm going to try to get back with the gun guy and see what he carries for about $200 more than the Tauruses.

Dora Hates You
 04/14/2020 06:23 PM

RustyTruck

Carry something that's comfortable, reliable, and that you shoot well. It may be different for different people.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/14/2020 10:31 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: GreenLantern

Originally posted by: Cole

Handguns are boring to me. I don't really have a use for them.

i hope you never have a use for them. i hope i never have a use for mine either but i carry all the time wherever I go

on a bike ride to the store to visit family or friends anywhere but i always carry

I don't carry because I am protecting the world from me. lol

Guns make people bigger than they really are and that's a dangerous combination.

That's funny because that's exactly the way I feel. I was scrolling through this thread thinking "looks like everybody in the world is packing except for me- wtf"

I've never carried a gun, and don't want one within easy reach 99.999% of the time for a million reasons, but basically for the exact reason you said.

I'm protecting the world (and my loved ones, including myself) from me.

Sure it's "possible" a situation could arise where it would be helpful to have one- but for the other 99.99999% of situations, a gun being around would make things much worse.

Just my opinion and life decision.

When America was "great"

Edited: 04/14/2020 at 10:31 PM by fishkller
 04/15/2020 04:53 AM

GreenLantern

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

what about KelTec ?

thoughts? dont have any yet but thinking and wondering
 04/15/2020 07:32 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: GreenLantern

what about KelTec ?

thoughts? dont have any yet but thinking and wondering

I honestly haven't shot one but the ones I have held felt like toys.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/15/2020 07:41 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Carry something that's comfortable, reliable, and that you shoot well. It may be different for different people.

Exactly. Bigger people and heavy-set people have a lot of options. People with thinner frames have fewer options for firearms or positions to conceal.

I rarely carry these days, with a few exceptions. The walk shorts I typically wear don't lend themselves to it and I'm not wearing heavy clothes in the Florida heat, so I can carry a gun around in a town that has relatively zero crime.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/15/2020 07:55 AM

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

The Springfield XD-S Mod 2 single stack ACP is one sweet little CC package. Shoots like a dream too.
 04/15/2020 09:09 AM

saltydog73

Joined Forum: 08/05/2003

H&K P30SK - I prefer a da/sa hammer. If not, I'd go with the Sig P365
 04/15/2020 02:22 PM

Bamboo

Green - I have an old kel-tec p32 that has been through the wringer and although ratty looking now it is fully functional and reliable. They have a pocket clip you can add and are hardly any bigger than a pocket knife which makes them super easy to carry. Kel-tec is a good local business and you can take your gun directly to their shop in cocoa if you need to. Danny and the boys are good people. Also have a PF9, and while functional it is wholly unimpressive except for its size.

Johnny mentioned EAA being local, they are but you can't do business with them in person. I tried several times and was told absolutely not, they do everything by phone and mail....no exceptions. I love Tanfo's but hate the service from EAA, although the ladies on the phone are nice.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 04/15/2020 08:06 PM

OceanTerra

Joined Forum: 09/13/2011

Lots of good info thanks -minus the unsolicited 'I don't own because..'

Just a newbie but I have shot a friend's Diamondback. Felt good, shot well without an issue. Seemed really compact.

Any thoughts on those?
 04/16/2020 02:14 AM

GreenLantern

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Green - I have an old kel-tec p32 that has been through the wringer and although ratty looking now it is fully functional and reliable. They have a pocket clip you can add and are hardly any bigger than a pocket knife which makes them super easy to carry. Kel-tec is a good local business and you can take your gun directly to their shop in cocoa if you need to. Danny and the boys are good people. Also have a PF9, and while functional it is wholly unimpressive except for its size.

thanks bamboo
i will be looking at kel-tec with the pocket clip and i really like that they are local

04/16/2020 02:37 AM

GreenLantern

anyone have one of the taurus judge models ?
 04/16/2020 04:46 AM

dingpatch

Looking at the Beretta APX Centurion, and a S&W M&P Shield 2.0

Anybody know where I can "handle" a Taurus G3?

Dora Hates You

Edited: 04/16/2020 at 04:52 AM by dingpatch
 04/16/2020 07:28 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Looking at the Beretta APX Centurion, and a S&W M&P Shield 2.0

Anybody know where I can "handle" a Taurus G3?

Ding.. I've been looking at the S&W M&P Shield and there is barely any difference between the 2.0 and Shield other than $$$ from what I read online. If someone on here knows of any upgrades on the 2.0 chime in because I am on the fence of which one of these to get.
 04/16/2020 08:31 AM

RustyTruck

I've been shooting and carrying the original Shield in 9 for several years, and it's my #1 choice for pocket (Desantis Nemesis) or IWB carry (Crossbreed).

Looks like the 2.0 improved the trigger, I did that with the Apex kit for mine, but it's not an easy install. The rear sight is one there tight and needs more than a basic punch to move.

04/16/2020 09:17 AM

dingpatch

Oh well, , , , got to handle the S&W but, went with the Taurus G2c, , , , ,

Dora Hates You
 04/16/2020 06:05 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I bag on them but that's not a bad choice. If your comfortable with it. I feel like I too must admit that I rarely carry. I have a very concealable browning black label 380 1911. It's small, light very very accurate and fun to shoot. It gets to the range with me quite a bit, when the range used to be open.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/17/2020 02:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

when the range used to be open.
jb

Missing that......:{

I have a Sig P938 for carry.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.

Edited: 04/17/2020 at 02:53 AM by jdbman
FORUMS : NPNR : Which brand of 9MikeMike do you like?

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .