Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Zinc 2+
Topic Summary: Zinc and pyrithione inhibit nidovirus replication in vitro
Created On: 04/22/2020 01:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/22/2020 01:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Research study on how Zn2+ Inhibits Coronavirus and Arterivirus RNA Polymerase Activity In Vitro and Zinc Ionophores Block the Replication of These Viruses in Cell Culture looks promising, double blind studies should be done.

Interesting how Pyrithione is found in the Persian Shallot.

-------------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

04/22/2020 02:59 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Dap, please stop. In the beginning..masks are bad. now masks are good. Ventilators are great! Wait, no ventilators are bad. Hot temperatures will wipe it out! NO! It originated on the far side of the sun. Lime juice will fix it! Wait , No , it's zinc and Macca RooT! Everyone wants to be first to find some kinda "cure" on this. You too, it seems. The fact is you can to all this , and still catch it. Did you even mention that?? WTF BRO??? Are you a doc, or even...peer reviewed? Discuss,
 04/22/2020 07:12 PM

dab

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Dap, please stop. In the beginning..masks are bad. now masks are good. Ventilators are great! Wait, no ventilators are bad. Hot temperatures will wipe it out! NO! It originated on the far side of the sun. Lime juice will fix it! Wait , No , it's zinc and Macca RooT!

Everyone wants to be first to find some kinda "cure" on this. You too, it seems. The fact is you can to all this , and still catch it. Did you even mention that?? WTF BRO??? Are you a doc, or even...peer reviewed? Discuss,

It is through inquiry we gain knowledge, learning which expands our understanding.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

04/22/2020 07:48 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

"you can to all this , and still catch it."

wtf does that mean? 0/5 discuss derrrrrp

When America was "great"
 04/22/2020 09:01 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: fishkller wtf does that mean?
if you have to ask it means you're a dumbass. & keep your bullshyt comments over in NSR. We are adulting here.
 04/23/2020 05:16 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

if you have to ask it means you're a dumbass. & keep your bullshyt comments over in NSR. We are adulting here.
dab literally posted a link to a published and peer reviewed study and you trolled him. then you tell fishkller to keep crap in nsr when you are literally trolling, displaying hypocrisy, and engaging in ad hom in the npr board. go back to nsr where you belong clown
 04/23/2020 05:25 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: dab Research study on how Zn2+ Inhibits Coronavirus and Arterivirus RNA Polymerase Activity In Vitro and Zinc Ionophores Block the Replication of These Viruses in Cell Culture looks promising, double blind studies should be done. Interesting how Pyrithione is found in the Persian Shallot.
the activity of various forms of zinc on viral activity is pretty established. the general issue is the in vitro results often are vastly different in vivo. then you have the whole bioavailability issue in quantity to have enough viral impact without causing zinc toxicity not to mention copper deficiency high intake can cause. it is a good thing to keep your zinc from being deficient though because there is some research out there showing impact on the immune system. in short it is probably ok to take safe levels of zinc as long as you dont overdue it to avoid copper deficiency. there certainly is a crap ton of anecdotal evidence to go along with actual research
 04/23/2020 05:42 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Zinc was the link with the Malaria drug too. Was that avenue even explored in the US or did they just run with the straight Chloroquine?

I was right.
 04/23/2020 05:49 AM

RiddleMe

cole, have you read the chinese coronavirus treatment protocol? there are numerous sites now that have the translated version. funny you mention chloroquine. they do to, but they went out of their way to specifically highlight that doctors need to be cautious in its use because of all the contraindications and side effects. not going to get into politics on this board, but you can see the disparity on that subject

Edited: 04/23/2020 at 05:50 AM by RiddleMe
 04/23/2020 05:55 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I posted the hazards of the stuff on here when I read the study from Australia. I knew good and well the better connected public was going to run out and buy the stuff. I was right.

I was right.
 04/23/2020 07:27 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

I had posted about zinc a couple months ago. One of the last repair jobs I had was at a pizza parlor. The owner was telling me that an old class mate recently visited him. He's been working with the corona virus since last century. He saaid when he had to handle it, he took zinc lozenges to coat his throat and kill the virus.
 04/23/2020 07:58 AM

RiddleMe

sorry slimey, don't buy the 'coating the throat' thing at all. just doesnt work that way
 04/23/2020 08:12 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: RiddleMe . just doesnt work that way
OK then . Do tell us how it works, Doc Riddla-doosh
 04/23/2020 08:12 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Really? I guess Vicks and all those other lozenge manufacturers have been ripping us off for decades. Or, you're just a doofus that thinks you know more than a fuggin' scientist. You, also, are Like a Smart Guy!

Edited: 04/23/2020 at 08:14 AM by SlimyBritches
 04/23/2020 08:14 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: RiddleMe
dab literally posted a link to a published and peer reviewed study and you trolled him. then you tell fishkller to keep crap in nsr when you are literally trolling, displaying hypocrisy, and engaging in ad hom in the npr board. go back to nsr where you belong clown
my comment stands. tribute troll chimed in with the clown talk and look ,here you are. Not enough room in the car.
 04/23/2020 08:14 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches Or, you're just a doofus that thinks you know it all.
he has thought this for a long long time, slime
 04/23/2020 08:18 AM

RiddleMe

stirfry you literally do nothing but troll and you arent even good at it. worse, you generally arent even funny or clever. a failure. you must not have anything better to do at your time.
 04/23/2020 08:28 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches Really? I guess Vicks and all those other lozenge manufacturers have been ripping us off for decades. Or, you're just a doofus that thinks you know more than a fuggin' scientist. You, also, are Like a Smart Guy!
fly off the handle much? my post was respectful, but if this is the route you want to take, so be it. vicks doesnt stop people from getting infected by viruses. it never has, never will. it doesnt matter if a guy you did a job for has a friend who's brother heard it from he ex-wife who was talking to the clerk at publix that has a friend that is a scientist said it is. you want to rely on taking a zinc lozenge to keep the virus from infecting you, go for it. i will show up for your paddle out. really bro, even if you jammed those things up your nose and sucked on them 24-7, you still are going to get the virus if someone with it sneezes in your face. you want to rely on he said/she said nonsense hearsay instead of actual science, go for it and let natural selection do its thing

Edited: 04/23/2020 at 08:31 AM by RiddleMe
 04/23/2020 09:04 AM

dab

It appears that Zinc pyrithione has topical use approval only. Reference: PubChem CID: 3005837.
Reading regularly is known to increase comprehension and understanding. Understanding will help to facilitate asking the right questions.

The mechanics of punctuation do not change a rhetorical statement into a question. Honest questions are neutral.

04/23/2020 09:47 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches Really? I guess Vicks and all those other lozenge manufacturers have been ripping us off for decades.
Yep.

FORUMS : NPNR : Zinc 2+

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .