Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ACC Coastal season preview: QBs put North Carolina, Miami and Virginia Tech ahead of pack
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/26/2020 07:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/26/2020 07:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

ACC Coastal season preview: QBs put North Carolina, Miami and Virginia Tech ahead of pack

https://www.espn.com/college-f...rginia-tech-ahead-pack
 06/27/2020 06:20 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Fantasies and hallucinations galore, , , , , , get over it, No Football this year.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 06/27/2020 08:57 AM

Central Floridave

You make fantasies and hallucinations galore sound like a bad thing? This is 2020. I'm not counting anything out yet! If you haven't checked. NCAA athletes are back on campus and doing voluntary workouts. UCF starts official practice Aug 6th.

But, ACC does have some pretty good qbs this year. I guess I gotta make a disclaimer now: if the season happens....

i'm wondering if Cane fans realize how good of a Qb they have from the Houston transfer. That guy is a top athlete.
 07/01/2020 02:48 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Orlando Sentinel has a column on moving college football to spring. Discuss.
 07/06/2020 05:47 AM

Central Floridave

247Sports Media Days: ACC preseason poll

https://247sports.com/LongForm...148861422/#148861422_1

Predicting Clemson vs North Carolina in ACC championship game.
 07/13/2020 01:22 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Right now, I don't see a path in the current environment to how we play," said a Power Five athletic director. "I'm confident we'll get back to what we all think of as normal, but it may be a year before that happens."

"Ultimately, no one is playing football in the fall," said a high-ranking college official. "It's just a matter of how it unfolds. As soon one of the 'autonomy five' or Power Five conferences makes a decision, that's going to end it."

Not much different on the NFL side of thing either, , , ,

The most interesting development in calls this weekend was the rampant uptick of pessimism in NFL circles about the season, as there are increasing obstacles for that league to play football this fall.

One high-ranking NFL team official pointed out that players with guaranteed money would be owed their entire salaries if one regular-season game is played: "The NFL is hell-bent on playing, but I just don't know how it works functionality-wise, based on health risks and financial structure. It's hard to see how it's all going to happen."

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 07/14/2020 05:17 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: dingpatch Fantasies and hallucinations galore, , , , , , get over it, No Football this year.
Ding this is the one time i have to disagree with you, , , , Shut up and keep faith we will see a football season! We have to keep faith. CFLDAVE D'Eriq King is no JOKE!
 07/14/2020 08:37 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: waterlizard25
Originally posted by: dingpatch Fantasies and hallucinations galore, , , , , , get over it, No Football this year.
Ding this is the one time i have to disagree with you, , , , !
actually its Dings first correct post in WEEKS. let him cook
 07/14/2020 12:58 PM

waterlizard25

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry
Originally posted by: waterlizard25
Ding this is the one time i have to disagree with you, , , , !
actually its Dings first correct post in WEEKS. let him cook
Stiry, Ding is almost always right.. you just have a twisted view on life in general
 07/21/2020 07:27 AM

Central Floridave

The Heisman Trophy betting odds for D'Eriq King have taken a hit in the updated gambling lines.

According to the odds provided by CBS SportsLine, King has the sixth best Heisman Trophy odds at +2000 (bet $100 to win $2,000).

In early April, King had the fourth best Heisman Trophy odds, according to betting lines. He was a +900 bet at that time.

https://247sports.com/college/...dated-lines-149341427/
 07/21/2020 07:28 AM

Central Floridave

so you don't have to click on that:

Why is King, a graduate transfer from Houston, considered a top preseason Heisman Trophy contender in 2020?

Dating back to his time at Houston, King has been an ultra-productive player at the college level. If he's able to produce at a similar level at Miami, King figures to elevate the Hurricanes and lead them to a strong season.

In 2018, King led all of college football in points responsible per game, averaging 27.5 points per game.

That stat accounts for the total touchdowns a player accounts for and is largely dominated by the quarterback position because of their ability to pile on touchdowns through the air. During that 2018 season, King scored 36 touchdowns as a passer and 14 touchdowns as a runner in just 11 games.

There were four other quarterbacks that averaged at least 20 points per game in 2018. They were: Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins (23.1 points per game), Oklahoma's Kyler Murray (23.1 ppg), West Virginia's Will Grier (22 ppg), and UCF's Mckenzie Milton (20.4 ppg).

Being responsible for the 27.5 points per game is the highest mark of any quarterback during the past decade.

King is the top dual-threat quarterback in all of college football.

He will enter the 2020 season at Miami riding a 15 game streak of scoring at least one passing touchdown and one rushing touchdown. That streak is a FBS record.

The previous owner of that record is UF great Tim Tebow, who scored at least one passing and one rushing touchdown in 14 straight games.
 07/21/2020 11:35 AM

waterlizard25

Originally posted by: Central Floridave so you don't have to click on that: Why is King, a graduate transfer from Houston, considered a top preseason Heisman Trophy contender in 2020? Dating back to his time at Houston, King has been an ultra-productive player at the college level. If he's able to produce at a similar level at Miami, King figures to elevate the Hurricanes and lead them to a strong season. In 2018, King led all of college football in points responsible per game, averaging 27.5 points per game. That stat accounts for the total touchdowns a player accounts for and is largely dominated by the quarterback position because of their ability to pile on touchdowns through the air. During that 2018 season, King scored 36 touchdowns as a passer and 14 touchdowns as a runner in just 11 games. There were four other quarterbacks that averaged at least 20 points per game in 2018. They were: Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins (23.1 points per game), Oklahoma's Kyler Murray (23.1 ppg), West Virginia's Will Grier (22 ppg), and UCF's Mckenzie Milton (20.4 ppg). Being responsible for the 27.5 points per game is the highest mark of any quarterback during the past decade. King is the top dual-threat quarterback in all of college football. He will enter the 2020 season at Miami riding a 15 game streak of scoring at least one passing touchdown and one rushing touchdown. That streak is a FBS record. The previous owner of that record is UF great Tim Tebow, who scored at least one passing and one rushing touchdown in 14 straight games.
Yet everyone is sleeping on him because he went to Houston and is now a Cane. Legit he is THE TOP DUAL THREAT QB IN CFB. Athletic as all hell, its scary! Will the surrounding cast at Miami be enough to make a run at the Playoff..? With the defense they have, IMO absolutely but I'm also a Homer.. It figures my two teams (Bucs Canes) finally get solid qbs and football might be canceled.
 07/21/2020 06:28 PM

Central Floridave

Houston is in UCF conference. I've seen him play multiple times. He was always the best player on the field. He is very talented. He did get hurt last year and Coach Holgrens benched him when he was healthy, but then he claimed red shirt status, then basically booted by the team. It was a PR nightmare for them. His dad said he was transferring and then official announcement he wasn't (prob to protect scholarship and transfer rules). But, he left anyway. He is very talented. He was slated to transfer to Oklahoma if that tells you anything. But, people will quickly find out. I hope he is healthy and does do great. He is fun to watch.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .