Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: PLZ help Stop Air BNB & short Term rentals
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/02/2020 08:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2020 01:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

^ please take time and email all 5 Commissioners, tell everyone, forward your copy to your Father. They need a full inbox cause meetings are sched. Mon of Thankgiving week and first week of X-mas Vaca, so no rep from public...Email, email, email...Thanks

Edited: 11/13/2020 at 06:58 AM by SurferMic
 11/12/2020 08:11 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: SurferMic There have been 3 Air BNB's that were successfully shutdown. Your opinion of this DOES MATTER to the Commissioners. A very simple email (cut and paste) "I do not support changing the zoning laws in un-incorporated Brevard County and the South Beaches to allow short term rentals. The existing zoning laws should remain in place. signed, A Concerned Voter" Send 1 email to ALL 5 Commissioners email addresses: D1.commissioner@brevardfl.gov, D2.commissioner@brevardfl.gov, D3.commissioner@brevardfl.gov, D4.commissioner@brevardfl.gov, D5.commissioner@brevardfl.gov.....There is a MEETING NOV 23rd so this needs to be done soon..Very big thanks to ANYONE who can do this simple task and keep our "Town" vibe as it is....Tobia is only 1 of 5 that is a Def YES...We need numerous emails to help shape the vote of the other 4 Commissioners.
keep our "Town" vibe as it is You are 20 years late on that one sir.
 11/13/2020 05:35 AM

SurferMic

^^Yeah it's way different now than 20+ years ago...BW, 1st peak, going to see local bands at Macs 5th Ave, surf video Monday nights at the Hustler, downtown MLB was a dark ghost town; those days I miss...I am trying to slow down the tourist invasion brought on by Short Term Rentals, When they first opened up it drastically changed our neighborhood (Police every weekend, cars parked all over the roads, beach crowds tripled with tourist who trash it and leave, petty thefts, etc.)...Trying to slow down the propulsion from residential areas to vacation/tourist areas. The negatives of Air BNBs outweigh the positives...There are existing zoning laws that they want to change...I am asking everyone just to email and say NO keep the existing zoning laws in place. Should take less than 5 mins to do...Thank you!

Edited: 11/13/2020 at 06:31 AM by SurferMic
 11/13/2020 08:26 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: SurferMic

^^Yeah it's way different now than 20+ years ago...BW, 1st peak, going to see local bands at Macs 5th Ave, surf video Monday nights at the Hustler, downtown MLB was a dark ghost town; those days I miss...I am trying to slow down the tourist invasion brought on by Short Term Rentals, When they first opened up it drastically changed our neighborhood (Police every weekend, cars parked all over the roads, beach crowds tripled with tourist who trash it and leave, petty thefts, etc.)...Trying to slow down the propulsion from residential areas to vacation/tourist areas. The negatives of Air BNBs outweigh the positives...There are existing zoning laws that they want to change...I am asking everyone just to email and say NO keep the existing zoning laws in place. Should take less than 5 mins to do...Thank you!

Ahhhh The Good Ol' Days!! There's a pizza place going in the old Hustler on the side where the pool tables used to be. I hope they gutted out everything in that place or the pizza gonna taste like a Marlboro! Macs Fifth Ave, now that's a blast from the past!!

Edited: 11/13/2020 at 08:27 AM by TATTOO74
 11/19/2020 04:13 AM

SurferMic

1st meeting and the change was DENIED!!!

Edited: 12/15/2020 at 08:12 AM by SurferMic
 11/19/2020 01:18 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yay Surfer mic!!!!
 11/19/2020 05:57 PM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

Good on ya!!!
 12/07/2020 08:20 AM

SurferMic

^^^Thanks^^^...TTT - Next meeting is tomorrow

Edited: 12/15/2020 at 08:13 AM by SurferMic
 12/07/2020 11:04 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

This house is at the Corner of A1A & Poinsetta correct? I know some friends off Diane Circle that can't stand that place. My Dad lives in that neighborhood as well. Maybe a late night drunken TP session or something!...
Please don't, that's not the answer, It does get fairly loud and cars pile up at the curb making it a little dangerous but vandalism or trashing the place does not help the neighborhood.
The only thing worse than a noisy neighbor is a noisy neighbor with trash all over the yard and street.
One of the guests was injured in a pool incident recently, maybe a lawsuit or two can curb an owner from renting??

-------------------------
 12/07/2020 11:25 AM

SurferMic

^^^ Not sure about the house you are talking about, I am way down south of that area..but if you are concerned, take 3 mins and go to the website, sign the petition at least and send 1 email to all of the Commissioners, the site has a ton of info but they need emails and in-person support, thanks if you have already done this, if not check it out @NoDailyRentals ยท Community Organization Stop Daily Rentals Brevard You do not have to live here, maybe you drive through the area once a year on your way to SI or maybe you live up North, just asking the global community to help fill the inboxes...thanks

Edited: 12/07/2020 at 11:30 AM by SurferMic
 12/07/2020 12:04 PM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: somebodyelse

This house is at the Corner of A1A & Poinsetta correct? I know some friends off Diane Circle that can't stand that place. My Dad lives in that neighborhood as well. Maybe a late night drunken TP session or something!...

Please don't, that's not the answer, It does get fairly loud and cars pile up at the curb making it a little dangerous but vandalism or trashing the place does not help the neighborhood.

The only thing worse than a noisy neighbor is a noisy neighbor with trash all over the yard and street.

One of the guests was injured in a pool incident recently, maybe a lawsuit or two can curb an owner from renting??

Settle down.. I'm not going off TP'ing someone's house or trashing it.. And if I was serious I surely wouldn't post about it before hand online.

SurferMic I am starting to see the signs up around that house and a few others! Good Work!
 12/09/2020 04:26 AM

SurferMic

Voted down again!...Yes you can actually make a difference...hopefully it is over! Not sure if they are bringing it back up again at the Dec 22nd meeting. Thanks to everyone who participated or sent emails, etc.
 12/09/2020 06:53 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Was there really talk of trying to get that bridge built?

-------------------------

When America was "great"
 12/10/2020 10:21 AM

SurferMic

^^ St John's Preserve?

Edited: 12/15/2020 at 08:13 AM by SurferMic
FORUMS : NPNR : PLZ help Stop Air BNB & short Term rentals

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .