Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Gators win the SEC East.
Topic Summary: And now they will face Alabama.
Created On: 12/05/2020 07:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/14/2020 12:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Yes, but, it didn't cost them the game. They had lost it before they ran onto the field.
 12/15/2020 08:13 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The mediocre kicker clutched a 57 yard bomb in the fog. One of the best kickers in college botched one 20 yards less. The lost a goal line stand. They didnt kick the field goal on the first drive. They arrogantly saved their best receiver for the next game. That IDIOT threw the shoe. They beat themselves and probably save Ogeron's skin until next year. They also launched LSU's new freshman QB as the hope of the future.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Edited: 12/15/2020 at 08:14 AM by johnnyboy
 12/20/2020 06:10 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Can't fault 'em for last night..... that was a gritty performance against a superior team
 12/20/2020 07:00 AM

Central Floridave

that was an entertaining game. Made Saban sweat a little bit.
 12/20/2020 08:20 AM

garcia

If the Heisman voters watched last night's game (not many will have), they will be voting for Trask. He and Jones had the same numbers, but, Trask got his under pressure on almost every play with covered receivers and no running game to speak of. He also bulled his way to several first downs and two touchdowns. Jones had great numbers and looked pretty good too, but, his came with a badass runner to take the pressure off the passing game, soft, soft, SOFT (to non-existent) UF pass defense and no real pass rush pressure. He had all day back there to find wide open receivers. Trask is the man.
 12/22/2020 01:21 PM

johnnyboy

I stayed away from this thread after the game.

I knew the gators would lose, but to be beat by one score with the a trask virtuoso performance was beyond my imagination. He was cool under a huge amount of pressure. I have no idea how or why Mullen used a time out for a two point conversion when that time out could have given them another shot at the end zone. They played Alabama better than anyone this year. It was the Gator's best defense and offense yet.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/22/2020 01:57 PM

garcia

I agree 100%. And, to reiterate, Trask should be ahead of Bama's Jones in the Heisman. Same stats, but, Trask had no running game, was subjected to a much stronger pass rush throughout the game and his receivers were covered. Jones had a beast of a runner, all day long in the pocket and his receivers were wide open.
 12/22/2020 02:57 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

The gator choke always returns. It is known, and well docudemented.
 12/22/2020 04:47 PM

johnnyboy

That wasn't a thrown shoe or the arrogance of benching your best receiver, it was a seasoned coach who went for the win way before the tie. It's on him.

12/23/2020 03:56 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Gators got 1 year NCAA probation for recruiting violations. All directly on Mullen.
Gators motto: " If you aint cheating , you aint trying."

$5000 fine also, whooo hooo.....

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 12/23/2020 05:26 AM

garcia

Must have been a pretty minor violation to only get that. "Reduced recruiting in Seattle area, $5000 fine, etc" No bowl ban, recruiting reductions or such.
 12/23/2020 05:29 AM

garcia

And, just so you know, though I am a Gator, I am not a Mullen fan. Too much Urban Meyer blood running in his veins. Spurrier is the man and I would love to see us return to his acolytes and love for the university and its fans.
 12/26/2020 08:39 AM

johnnyboy

Spurrier was the man. He is not the man. He would pit athletes against eachother and punish them in a way that was more like gladiator school than coaching. His whole program needed that one in a million quarterback to work.

12/26/2020 12:45 PM

garcia

He dug deep until he found that QB. He believed that QBs were no different than any other player and should not be treated differently. Matthews was fourth string, Wuerffel second and third, and Brindise was so far down the ladder that he couldn't even see third string. He won big with all of them after replacing the studs ahead of them (Morris, Dean, Johnson, et al). Franks would have been replaced about three games into his career. He would have started intermittently after that, but, not for three years as the no. 1 while better QBs (perhaps not more talented or highly recruited, but, better) sat on the bench.
 12/26/2020 04:54 PM

johnnyboy

I am compelled to agree. Franks would have been a tight end.

12/27/2020 05:48 AM

garcia

And, perhaps a good one. He never liked to get hit or get close to getting hit (which is why he panicked at the slightest pressure), though.

One more Spurrier tidbit. I remember hearing a story about him throwing his visor on a spot and saying, "I want the receiver AND the ball at this spot at exactly the same time." It was much more important for him to have a passer who could do that rather than one who could air it out. And, he was never impressed by a reputation. He knew the qualities he wanted in a QB (smart, cool, accurate) and searched until he found that guy (or guys).
 12/29/2020 08:27 AM

johnnyboy

Lots of gators sitting out the bowl game. It's mighty hypocritical to ask athletes to play and risk injury and future NFL opportunities for a bowl game but it's not the team they played all year with. This is the norm now. All the best players duck out of their bowl games and that trend is getting more pronounced.

12/29/2020 09:17 AM

Central Floridave

"Franks would have been a tight end."

fyi, His older brother Jordan Franks was a great tight end for UCF and made it to the NFL.

12/29/2020 03:08 PM

johnnyboy

So my sons were throwing the football around at the LSU game three years ago at the swamp. We saw Felipe walking around and I pointed him out as we decided that even though he looks exactly the same, Felipe was inside the stadium. My son (13) through him the ball and said "you can throw it back if you don't throw an interception." He should have thrown it in the other direction a country mile but he threw it to my other son. He's a good sport. Big lean mass of muscle.

12/30/2020 05:25 AM

Central Floridave

Shorthanded Gators agains't Oklahoma tonight, Wed, Dec 30th. 8pm. ESPN.
FORUMS : NPNR : The Gators win the SEC East.

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .