Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: CFP top ten
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/09/2020 07:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/09/2020 07:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

What's the reason a two loss Iowa State Jumped undefeated Cinci this week?

College Football Playoff Rankings -- Dec. 8
1. Alabama (9-0)
2. Notre Dame (10-0)
3. Clemson (9-1)
4. Ohio State (5-0)
5. Texas A&M (7-1)
6. Florida (8-1)
7. Iowa State (8-2)
8. Cincinnati (8-0)
9. Georgia (6-2)
10. Miami (8-1)
 12/09/2020 08:17 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

The top 3 are solid. Ohio St has only played 5 games.

All that matters is the top 4.

I would also question these 3:

7. Iowa State (8-2)
8. Cincinnati (8-0)
9. Georgia (6-2)

I'm a Cane fan of course. I dont care where we are are ranked. Wins are all that matter.
So if we win out and the only loss we have is to Clemson, will see what that brings.

( Iowa State, really? Cincy is suspect also )

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 12/09/2020 09:53 AM

Central Floridave

Cinci has a pretty good defense to keep them in games and a really good offense. Plus, undefeated should mean something. Not easy thing to do.

Cinci dropped one spot and got leaped frog by Iowa State with two losses. I don't think that is fair. But, college football is subjective. The team uniform is more important than the actual team. Whatev...just trying to get into the final week's game.

UCF accepted a bowl bid for Boca Bowl, Tue, Dec 22nd. I'll prob go to that. No other team decided yet. But, who cares. Its football in a off weird year. I went to the UCF Cinci game a couple weeks ago. Cinci looked pretty good and knocked off a pretty good UCF team. But, the pollsters like Iowa State better. A two loss Iowa State team.
 12/09/2020 09:59 AM

Central Floridave

In the Coach and AP poll Iowa State is #10 & #11. Yet in CFP they leap frog Cinci to #7. Amazing lack of respect for Cinci.

I guess losing to the Ragin Cagins of Louisiana was a quality loss for Iowa State. Cinci, no blemishes and look really good.

What is the CFP looking at that the AP and Coaches aren't?

12/09/2020 07:44 PM

Central Floridave

The Selection Committee Makes It Clear: There's Never Room for a Non - Power 5 Team in the Playoff
By ranking Iowa State ahead of Cincinnati and 12 spots above Louisiana - a team the Cyclones lost to - there's no doubting how the committee feels.

https://www.si.com/college/202...mittee-rankings-debate
 12/09/2020 07:49 PM

Central Floridave

Just scored a couple of tix for the Boca Bowl. UCF vs The World! Go Knights.

12/10/2020 12:06 PM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: Central Floridave Just scored a couple of tix for the Boca Bowl. UCF vs The World! Go Knights.
Nice score on the tix! Id say the disrespect for Miami is at an all time high. One loss to Clemson on the road. A couple close wins but half the roster had covid. They throw Cinci and a two loss Iowa state in front of us? Georgia can kick rocks too! Big Ten doing everything possible to get the Fuckeyes in... I hope Northwestern kicks their asses back to Columbus. Rules are rules. You don't make them to change them. Indiana should be playing in that game and it pisses me off so bad
 12/10/2020 05:54 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

What the CFP thinks is that Iowa St's schedule is MUCH harder than Cini's and their wins over OU, Texas and WVA are MUCH more impressive than Cini's unbeaten record over pretty much nobody ..... and yes Tulsa is a nobody.

Hell CentroDavo ..... using your logic Coastal Carolina should be ranked about No 3.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 12/10/2020 at 05:55 PM by LBLarry
 12/10/2020 08:08 PM

johnnyboy

Coastal Carolinas game last week was the best game of week.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/10/2020 08:28 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

good game? .... yes I agree
CC ranked #3 because they are "undefeated" .... oh hell no.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

12/11/2020 05:55 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: LBLarry
Originally posted by: johnnyboy Coastal Carolinas game last week was the best game of week.
good game? .... yes I agree CC ranked #3 because they are "undefeated" .... oh hell no.
LBLarry Are you on Through The Smoke CBS 247 Sports forum board??
 12/11/2020 06:08 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: waterlizard25

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Just scored a couple of tix for the Boca Bowl. UCF vs The World! Go Knights.

Nice score on the tix! Id say the disrespect for Miami is at an all time high. One loss to Clemson on the road. A couple close wins but half the roster had covid. They throw Cinci and a two loss Iowa state in front of us? Georgia can kick rocks too!

Big Ten doing everything possible to get the Fuckeyes in... I hope Northwestern kicks their asses back to Columbus. Rules are rules. You don't make them to change them. Indiana should be playing in that game and it pisses me off so bad

How in the world did they get ranked 4th with only playing 5 games? Something aint right in the coolaide!
 12/11/2020 08:00 AM

Central Floridave

LBLARRY, according to your theory, Iowa State lost to LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS...a nobody...At home by a lot. Why are they deserving?

Coastal Carolina may very well be worthy of #3. I haven't watched them yet. But unlike you I don't prescribe to the team jersey name makes you a better team. I determine on the field results. Two losses...in the top ten...and leap frog who was at #7 all year and is undefeated and rated one of the top teams in defense and offense? Plus, have you seen Tulsa play? This has been their year. I was NOT expecting them to beat UCF but they came out of nowhere and are playing great. They have scholarship players just like the Yuckeyes do. Why to disqualify just because it's 'Tulsa'. This is what is wrong with college football. Yahoo's like you who have a vested interested can just 'bleh' a team because of their perception.

But, again Whatev...it makes for interesting arguments. No other sport does a room fool of biased people get to choose who gets to play. Sooner or later the NCAA cartel will be busted open.

One case in point is 2013 UCF. By chance, when UCF moved to the Big East it had only one year that it was considered to be a BCS team. Just one year. What did UCF do ? Embarrassed undefeated Big12 champ Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. The next year, UCF conference was no longer BCS conf. Now UCF isn't any good for some reason and not worthy. Its so stupid it makes me want to crawl my eyes out. LET THEM PLAY! If you qualify for Div 1 football every team should have a level playing field.

This is why I 100 percent backed 2017 UCF National Champion claims. Glad to be part of changing the college football culture. Undefeated and undisputed. Bama didn't even win it's conference, got beat by Auburn who UCF beat a couple weeks later... but somehow wins the INvitiational championship that year. Bama got to rest up by skipping the SEC conference game, while Georgia got beat up by Auburn. Preferential treatment...UCF had the better team and proved it on the field.

Notre Dame really gets preferential treatment,....

Extra Points: Is ACC bending over backward to protect Notre Dame, ensure 2 Playoff teams?
https://www.saturdaydownsouth....nsure-2-playoff-teams/
 12/11/2020 08:03 AM

Central Floridave

"I'll tell you who should be really pissed off - Miami," another ACC coach told me. "Are you kidding me? Miami has 1 loss. What if Clemson loses to Tech or in that (Dec.12) week? Sure, it's rare, but we've seen stranger things. We have no idea who is going to get hurt, how many turnovers a team is giving away. You're telling Miami 2 weeks before the end of the season to go jump in a lake. We don't care about you. That's a big, big deal. If I were (Miami coach) Manny (Diaz), I'd be screaming from the mountaintops how this goes against everything we stand for in athletic competition."
 12/11/2020 09:52 AM

Central Floridave

Should Iowa State really be on the fringes of the College Football Playoff race?

https://www.espn.com/college-f...-football-playoff-race
 12/11/2020 11:39 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Who cares? Go Gators!
 12/11/2020 02:32 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

LBLARRY, according to your theory, Iowa State lost to LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS...a nobody...At home by a lot. Why are they deserving?

Coastal Carolina may very well be worthy of #3. I haven't watched them yet. But unlike you I don't prescribe to the team jersey name makes you a better team. I determine on the field results. Two losses...in the top ten...and leap frog who was at #7 all year and is undefeated and rated one of the top teams in defense and offense? Plus, have you seen Tulsa play? This has been their year. I was NOT expecting them to beat UCF but they came out of nowhere and are playing great. They have scholarship players just like the Yuckeyes do. Why to disqualify just because it's 'Tulsa'. This is what is wrong with college football. Yahoo's like you who have a vested interested can just 'bleh' a team because of their perception.

But, again Whatev...it makes for interesting arguments. No other sport does a room fool of biased people get to choose who gets to play. Sooner or later the NCAA cartel will be busted open.

One case in point is 2013 UCF. By chance, when UCF moved to the Big East it had only one year that it was considered to be a BCS team. Just one year. What did UCF do ? Embarrassed undefeated Big12 champ Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. The next year, UCF conference was no longer BCS conf. Now UCF isn't any good for some reason and not worthy. Its so stupid it makes me want to crawl my eyes out. LET THEM PLAY! If you qualify for Div 1 football every team should have a level playing field.

This is why I 100 percent backed 2017 UCF National Champion claims. Glad to be part of changing the college football culture. Undefeated and undisputed. Bama didn't even win it's conference, got beat by Auburn who UCF beat a couple weeks later... but somehow wins the INvitiational championship that year. Bama got to rest up by skipping the SEC conference game, while Georgia got beat up by Auburn. Preferential treatment...UCF had the better team and proved it on the field.

Notre Dame really gets preferential treatment,....

Extra Points: Is ACC bending over backward to protect Notre Dame, ensure 2 Playoff teams?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth....nsure-2-playoff-teams/

Dude ... I have fucking forgot more about college football than you will ever know. You are just some Johnny Come Lately that started paying attention when UCF became respectable. I will remind you once again that the reason that I won the 2nd light "Bowl Pick'en" contest several years IN A ROW, was not fucking luck.

To accuse me of "having a vested interest" is fucking rich coming from you .... one of the most blindly loyal "fans" in the known and charted world!! I fully know that your entire defense of the wins&losses number is the only fucking thing that should be considered in "rankings" is all because of the beloved UCF. Fortunately, people that have clearer vision, more knowledge, and more objective criteria make those decisions

Edited: 12/11/2020 at 02:48 PM by LBLarry
 12/11/2020 02:44 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: waterlizard25

Originally posted by: LBLarry

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

good game? .... yes I agree

CC ranked #3 because they are "undefeated" .... oh hell no.

LBLarry Are you on Through The Smoke CBS 247 Sports forum board??

No, I am not.

12/11/2020 05:44 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

It's just Dave's annual rant. Until UCF is rated no. 1 every single year, we can expect to be subjected to it. Like the fatman's deluded and irrational supporters, there is no use providing him with facts. He is living in La-La land and will never leave. Don't take the bait.
 12/12/2020 04:41 AM

Central Floridave

LOL. Johnny come lately. Like it. Thanks for making me feel young.

I can remember sitting in THE Ohio State University Horseshoe stadium in 1970 watching the yuckeyes. Then, living in Montgomery being a Bama football fan, 1975ish. Then, 1985, freshman year, watching div 2 UCF in the Citrus bowl. Yeah. Young whipper snapper I am. Watching UCF sleeping giant all the way to now. Then seeing college football powers-to-be deny UCF any chance. Thus, yes, I like the little guy. I like the story of a team building itself and being successful. Not a blue blood team. Try pulling for a team like me instead of just going with the name on the jersey. Tulsa a nobody? Tulsa has been playing football since 1895. Where have YOU been? Catch up...

I'll be here next year for next year's wtf are the college polls thinking rant. Just like forever in college football.

Go Knights!

FORUMS : NPNR : CFP top ten

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .