Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Space coast high...
Topic Summary: Teacher fired for prescription marijuana use.
Created On: 03/25/2021 02:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/25/2021 02:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I smell a lawsuit coming.

http://thehill.com/homenews/st...-medical-marijuana-use

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/25/2021 04:23 PM

Central Floridave

What has happened in other states where not only medical, but recreational is legal? Interesting case.
 03/25/2021 06:52 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

If she taught at a private school, no big deal.
But because of the federal aspect Public School Teachers can't use medical or recreational ganja even if it is legal in their state.

Same for Fed Gov't employees, military personnel, and gov't contractors.
Big no-no.

I feel for her and it seems like she should be given a break and put on probation and drug tested every week or something like that. This seems harsh in her case.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/26/2021 06:33 AM

johnnyboy

I'm not at all convinced that a teacher taking legally prescribed marijuana would jeopardize federal funding in any way. This is just wrong.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/26/2021 07:21 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

johnnyboy - I absolutely agree, especially with the Dems in charge of all three branches. If I were her, I would be contacting John Morgan. Employment law is not his firm's forte, but, surely he can muster a pretty strong team to make a show of this travesty and he would probably win. It's a passionate and personal obsession with him. The School Bd apparently believes it would have been better for her to continue on regularly use of prescribed opioids (which is what she had been on when she switched).
 03/26/2021 07:24 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

This question needs to be settled, because it's happened a few times now in FL. But you've also got the Biden admin firing staff who (as I understand it) voluntarily admitted to having used THC.

Biden/Harris is not the weed friendly government I think some liberals expected. Hell if trump had run on legalization I think he would have won.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/26/2021 09:01 AM

johnnyboy

She got pushed down by a student and this gets her fired. At what point can these school board officials stop pretending that they have no choice? My guess is a lawsuit will answer this. Make there spineless bureaucrats add pointless legal fees and judgments into their tied hands.

03/26/2021 09:19 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Well you know Florida has such an abundance of highly qualified teachers waiting for the golden opportunity to teach in our public education system, that they can afford to sacrifice a few that would rather experiment with 'natural hippy remedies' than take the
wholesome opioids that have a proven record of successfully easing our pain.

Shame on her.....damn druggies!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
FORUMS : NPNR : Space coast high...

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .