Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: One Wheeler fun at Wickham Park
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/19/2021 05:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2021 05:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I was biking by myself today and this one wheeler guy catches up. We shared the trail.

04/20/2021 05:57 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

04/21/2021 09:23 AM

Cuz

Joined Forum: 04/25/2010

Theres a group of people that ride them in between shots playing Disc Golf at Wickham park. It really speeds up their round not having to walk between shots. They look fun.
 04/21/2021 11:30 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

That looks fun as Sh!t! I've ridden my neighbors up and down the street, but I'd love to try it on a bike track.

I almost rented one of the stand up scooter golf carts at Dubsdread, but after talking to somebody that was on one, I changed my mind. He assured me they would NOT catch air, in fact they barely made it over the mogels in the fairway. He said the novelty wore off after the second hole and he wanted the shade of a golf cart.

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 04/21/2021 at 11:32 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 04/21/2021 07:18 PM

Central Floridave

Biked Wickham again today. Recent rain has helped pack the sugar sand down.

04/22/2021 06:01 AM

Cole

I just wish the kids would wear helmets while riding them. We have a local boy that zooms around in nothing more than a t shirt and shorts.

-------------------------
I was right.
 04/22/2021 07:01 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

I busted my ass on the two wheel hover board last year. It was so bad I eventually gave up on the pain and infection in my left hand fingers (scraped almost to the bone) I went to my walk in clinic. First thing they asked was if I was riding one of the things in this post. They said they get at least one or two people a week that bust ass on those things coming in with serious injuries.. I'll stick to skateboards & surfboards, or a mountain bike in this case!

Edited: 04/22/2021 at 07:02 AM by TATTOO74
 04/22/2021 08:25 AM

Central Floridave

It is pretty easy to bust-ass on a one wheeler. They are fun, but they are dangerous. I've tried them, if I was younger I'd be into it. But, nowadays, I'm just about burning calories over getting radical.

Thus, I'm also sticking to mountain biking, w/helmet and pads and staying on flat singletrack. I'm still in the process of buying a new MTB. Still riding the clunker. I like to justify it by saying I'm getting better exercise riding the clunker. Yesterday, two bikers passed me on what looked like state-of-the-art mountain bikes. Thew blew past me. I then tried to keep up, but it was impossible. But, just like the turtle and the hare story, I finished 10 miles off road. I did it in 1.5 hours. They probably in half hour. Who got more exercise? LOL. Wish I had a new bike. sooon!
 04/22/2021 09:29 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

It is pretty easy to bust-ass on a one wheeler. They are fun, but they are dangerous. I've tried them, if I was younger I'd be into it. But, nowadays, I'm just about burning calories over getting radical.

Thus, I'm also sticking to mountain biking, w/helmet and pads and staying on flat singletrack. I'm still in the process of buying a new MTB. Still riding the clunker. I like to justify it by saying I'm getting better exercise riding the clunker. Yesterday, two bikers passed me on what looked like state-of-the-art mountain bikes. Thew blew past me. I then tried to keep up, but it was impossible. But, just like the turtle and the hare story, I finished 10 miles off road. I did it in 1.5 hours. They probably in half hour. Who got more exercise? LOL. Wish I had a new bike. sooon!

Not to derail this topic too much.. I upgraded my Beach Cruiser not long ago to an Electra and it is a MAJOR upgrade. I feel like I can pedal once and I coast for a mile before I have to pedal again. I'd imagine it's the same for Mountain Bikes.
 04/22/2021 09:35 AM

Central Floridave

EBikes have become very popular. I'd get one if I had to go uphill. And, again, I do it for exercise. I'd definitely rent a ebike if on tour. But, wouldn't want just for tooling around Wickham park. Which btw, most MTB trails prohibit EBikes. Probably one-wheelers also, but hardly anyone is on Wickham trails to worry about it.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .