Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A new era in UCF football. Starting a Freshman Qb, Mikey Keene
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/27/2021 11:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2021 11:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

With the devastating loss at Louisville last week, UCF lost it's starting Qb, Rb, and Center.

It was a good time for the bye week to work in new freshman Qb Mikey Keene. Mikey beat out a couple other veteran Qb's in the spring to earn the #2 spot behind Dillon Gabriel. Dillon is out indefinitely with a broken clavicle suffered on the very last play at Louiseville. That game was something else and went down to the wire. It took me a few days to get the grieving process out, but I'm back!

Thus, starting a Freshman Qb this Saturday, @NAVY. 3:30pm CBSSN. Navy is UCF's (2-1) first conference game. Navy lost to Houston last weekend and is 0-1 in conference.

I have not seen Mikey Keene play yet. They say he played great in the spring game and got some playing time with mop up duty against Bethune-Cookman.

In High School, he went undefeated in the two years he was a starter in Arizona and won back-to-back State Championships. Coach Malzhan in today's presser said it was that history of winning and his leadership qualities that won him the starting position.

It's still unknown if the Starting RB and Center return for Navy.

A new era....It can go either way...

Also, of note, #7 Cincinnati plays @ #9 Notre Dame Saturday at 2:30. I'll be watching that game as well. Cinci is UCF conference mate and have a future play date.

09/27/2021 03:01 PM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

FSU just lost to Louisville by 1 TD, same margin as UCF's loss to Louisville the week prior. For some, that logic would allow people to claim UCF is equivalent to an 0-4 FSU team (which actually hung w/ Notre Dame).

Anyway, it looks from the stat boards like KZ got 100% of the field time in that loss, and completed a lot of passes for a lot of yards, including one laser for a TD. He threw a long int at the end of the game that might have been a completion (and possible tying TD) with a little more receiver muscle.

It would have been cool if KZ had been around to fill in for the injured DG at UCF, but that shall not come to "pass." Best of luck to Mikey. He likes it, HEY MIKEY!

Edited: 09/27/2021 at 09:49 PM by CurtisEflush
 09/28/2021 06:11 AM

Central Floridave

Thanks for the FSU recap. I missed that game.

I get the feeling that Mikey Keene is a McKenzie Milton clone. 5'11" and under 200 pounds. Extends plays and accurate thrower on the run.

We will see soon enough.

Mikey Keene's Former High School Head Coach Knows What UCF Football Fans Should Expect
Mikey Keene is the next starter for UCF Football and nobody has seen him start a college football game. His former high school coach, Richard Garretson, discussed what UCF fans should be looking for this next weekend when the Knights play the Midshipmen.
BRIAN SMITHSEP 26, 2021

https://www.si.com/college/ucf...retson-discusses-keene

09/30/2021 09:52 AM

Central Floridave

10/02/2021 01:29 PM

Central Floridave

Mikey Keene looking great so far. 2 TD passes.

Also, Cinci is 17-0 at Notre Dame at the half.
 10/02/2021 03:48 PM

Central Floridave

Navy 34-30. Damn, Navy persistent triple option run game came back in the end and beat UCF.

Cinci beats Notre Dame.
 10/03/2021 06:49 PM

johnnyboy

Very happy to see Notre Dame get beat. They have squeeked by too many times. Navy should not have won this game. They don't throw. They are entire game of hand offs.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/10/2021 09:56 AM

Central Floridave

UCF (3-2) gets back in the win column and beats ECU in a defensive battle and scoring a last minute TD to win.

UCF heads up to Cinci to play the bearcats this Saturday, Noon, on ABC. ESPN score predictor gives UCF a 10 percent chance of winning.

Cincinnati near the top in College football. Polls haven't come out yet, but expecting #4.
 10/12/2021 05:50 AM

Central Floridave

So far UCF has lost from injury, starting Qb, Rb, Center, Best WR, two DT, LB, two DB. Next man up! War of attrition for UCF. The odds are against UCF to beat Cinci big time.

Freshman Qb in his 3rd game to go face 3rd ranked Bearcats in a hostile home field of Cincinnati.

Saturday, Noon, ABC. DEAR FOOTBALL GAWDS...WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER...

10/16/2021 06:58 AM

Central Floridave

Dear Football Gawds, please allow UCF to upset #3 Cincinnati. I'll understand if you don't allow it but at least don't make it embarrassing.

Saturday, Noon, UCF at Cinci. ABC.
 10/16/2021 10:31 AM

Central Floridave

35-0 and Cinci is pounding UCF, not even half time yet...why do the football gawds not like me?

Edited: 10/16/2021 at 10:32 AM by Central Floridave
 10/16/2021 12:49 PM

Central Floridave

56-21 Cinci kills UCF. Miserable game. Freshman Qb ain't that good. UCF special teams so many mistakes.

With that said, Cincinatti is looking pretty good. They solid on defense and their offense is pretty much unstoppable. Great coaching. I hope they go all the way they are a complete team.

For UCF...there is always next year and I hope we at least become bowl eligible. 3-3.

Saw tail end of LSU upsetting Gators. Bummer.
 10/16/2021 05:23 PM

Burry

ouch

BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 10/16/2021 07:43 PM

johnnyboy

That score was not about UCF, it's about the bear cats being legit. This is their year and they are using it.

The football gods, like all gods, favor the strong.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/22/2021 05:54 AM

Central Floridave

Memphis @UCF tonight (Friday, ESPN2 7pm).

Interesting twist, UCF was favored by 3 points to start the betting but now Memphis is favored by 1.5 points.

Ugh.

Some conference tidbits, Cinci is currently ranked #2. SMU won last night to move to 7-0. They currentlly ranked #21. They have a date with both UCF and Cincy coming up. Spoilers maybe.

The AAC also recently announced they inviting teams into the conference. They raided C-USA. Teams are, Charlotte, UAB, FAU, UNT, UTSA, Rice.

It hasn't been announced when UCF, Cinci, Houston, and BYU move to Big 12 yet. Probably 2023.

10/22/2021 08:28 AM

johnnyboy

Tulane started so strong. They cannot even win a second game. SMU is pretty good though.

10/22/2021 09:23 AM

Central Floridave

Tulane did give Oklahoma that scare first game of year. I wonder if they got bit by the injury bug like UCF did.

I'm hoping Malzhan is out hitting the streets and recruiting for Big 12 coming up. Cinci will come down from the clouds next year or two due to Senior laden team and eventually someone is going to hire their coach away.

Life just isn't the same when your football team is marginally average.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .