Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: NEWS FLASH !! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/22/2023 08:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/22/2023 08:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The VA in Nashville just sent me MY DONOR'S contact information. I need to DECOMPRESS a whole lot before I call them. And, , , , I am FREAKED out with the thought of when MY SCT Nurse Practitioner told me that SHE would pick the Very Best of the 3 Perfect Matches for me!!!! OMG!! Much more to this story.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 03/22/2023 08:36 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Couldn't you have just looked them up on "23 & Me"? Just kidding Ding, that pretty cool. Sharing DNA with someone is just amazing to me.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 03/22/2023 10:02 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Its not the most exciting way to share bodily fluids, but definitely the most lasting.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/23/2023 11:20 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Great to hear. When I lived in Portland, the Oregon Symphony's much-loved music director, James DePreist, needed a kidney transplant and someone in the metro area matched and donated. The name eventually became public.
 03/24/2023 07:22 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That person is a true hero. Tears will be unavoidable.

I was right.
 03/24/2023 09:39 AM

dingpatch

I can only "think" that Donna did pick the very best one for me, , , , , my donor lives in St Pete !!!!!!!!!

Dora Hates You
 03/24/2023 09:59 AM

dingpatch

Back in later 2020 when the transplant was becoming "real" and Donna told be that she would pick "the very best one", , , , , , one of the bar flies spoke up about letting a "nurse" make such a choice, , , , "just a nurse, where's the doctor, , , ,?"

He still wasn't happy when I told him that the Team of doctors at Vandy had thoroughly reviewed the three donors and agreed that Be The Match was correct in the "three perfect matches" offer. I still had to explain to him who Donna is and at that, her "opinion" IS THE OPINION.

Dora Hates You
 03/25/2023 01:29 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Good nurses are heros, and since they end up doing most of the actual grunt work, often know more than the docs what the true situation is

It's a democratic hoax
 03/26/2023 04:25 AM

dingpatch

We've exchanged messages and we have each other's contact info. We'll probably get together in a couple weeks.

MY SCT Nurse Practitioner Donna takes care of us Vets, before and after transplant, in the Nation's NUMBER ONE Stem Cell Transplant group. She KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON. When there is an important question, , , , ,"ask Donna". Absolute Poetry In Motion.

And Rachel, MY SCT Long Term Care Nurse Practitioner in Nashville, is regarded as Number One in the WORLD by the Director's of the nation's Top Tier Stem Cell Transplant centers. Their Long Term Care folks call Rachel for The 411 !! She and MY Doctor Bipin Savani pretty much really did write the "book" (Rachel has worked with Doctor S for 15 years developing all of the processes).

Dora Hates You

Edited: 03/26/2023 at 04:30 AM by dingpatch
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .