Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Beatles: Get Back - A Sneak Peek from Peter Jackson
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/21/2020 06:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/21/2020 06:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The Beatles: Get Back - A Sneak Peek from Peter Jackson
 12/21/2020 01:57 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

sofakingcool

Thanks

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 12/22/2021 12:56 PM

Central Floridave

This was released on Disney+ over thanksgiving and I just finished watching all 3 episodes.

The first two episcodes are super redundant of splices and cuts of the first two weeks of the Beatles in a room together creating new songs for their last album and concert.

I watched those two in bits and pieces as it is over 4 hours in length.

Ep3 was the final day and the rooftop final show and recording it live for the album Let It Be.

Ep3 is worth watching especially towards the end when they finaly go up to the roof and all the way to the outakes.

Its prettty good show however, speed fast foward thru the first two episodes. (unless you got the time).

12/22/2021 01:04 PM

Central Floridave

This is a pretty good review:

Like Watching Six Different Marriages Fall Apart
What Peter Jackson's Get Back reveals about the Beatles breakup

By James Parker

https://www.theatlantic.com/cu...-peter-jackson/620872/
 12/23/2021 06:35 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

That Atlantic review is pretty good.

I enjoyed watching how they worked, and the interactions...totally understanding that they understood they were being filmed and were self censoring about some issues. Obviously drugs were in play, but only mentioned briefly once and Paul hushed them up knowing they were being filmed.

i have read that Ringo is a nice person and people enjoy working with him (google Ringo's 80th birthday tribute by Frampton) and after watching this can see how that could be. Notice how he was opening doors and getting chairs for people who dropped in. Also, he was the one always on time, always showing up and hardly ever complaining. He is a solid drummer for what they are doing and didn't need much if any coaching. That was pretty cool. Seems like most drummers can't tell time (sorry Dave..) and are often late...not all, of course.

George is very talented but also had a lot of issues and was kinda whiny. I was disappointed to see that. I think him going solo was indeed the path he needed to follow.

And what they were able to do with a 4 track or 8 track tape machine was awesome!! The average cell phone has more audio recording capability than what they were working with! Loved the Fender Rhodes and Lowery organ that Preston was playing, and the Leslie speaker that George played through constantly.

I used to lust after a rosewood telecaster like George was playing, until I had the chance to play one. Damn heavy...heavier than a Norlin era Les Paul. But he made it work and played the hell out out of it.

But, overall you can tell they knew each other very well...after all they were just four lads from Liverpool who grew up together...and fussed with each other like family, but also supported each other like family.

I can see how the first two episodes would be boring, but oddly I found them fascinating and insightful about one of the greatest bands in history...warts and all.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 12/23/2021 at 07:52 AM by Bamboo
 12/24/2021 07:51 AM

Central Floridave

I may go back and watch first two episodes again. Just seemed too long and same scene over and over again. Edited too much as well. But whatever, it is a great show and future rock historians will be anallyzing it.

I love the Beatles music. It is fascinating how they click so well. Their solo work is like eh...okay, but the 4 of them really had something special.

It was produced by Yoko Ono but it is interesting how the portray her. "I'm A Witch" Yoko Ono...
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .