Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jambalaya Pasta.
Topic Summary: One Pot recipe.
Created On: 07/09/2021 10:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/09/2021 10:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This was the dinner last night that even the teenage complainers liked. Not that bad either.
You will need a big onion, a cup of diced celery, a clove of garlic, two tomatoes, a box of chicken stock, a small carton of cream regular, a package of two cups of sharp cheddar, fresh medium salsa, a pound of smoked sausage, a pound of chicken,, a box of pasta (I used Barilla penne).

Its a one pot meal.

Start with dicing your sausage. Put the sausage in the pot with pot at medium. my pot is a covered wok. Put the diced sausage in and burn them. you need a bit of crust on them.

Once they seared properly, the oil from them is your base to cook the diced onion, the diced celery, diced tomato and the clove of garlic that you press into it.

Sweat all that down until its mixed pretty well and throw your chicken in. I cheated last night and used a Costco chicken. I also took the bird out of the container and dumped the drippings in. I put half the chicken that I pulled apart in.

I then put a cup of the medium salsa in for some spice, along with salt and pepper.

Next comes the about three quarters of the box of chicken stock. Let that come to a boil and once its boiling throw the pasta in. I dont measure here but the pasta has to be under the liquid.

Let that boil with the top on for five. Then dump the small carton of cream in and stir. It will lighten the mix and thicken it.

Let that boil for another ten minutes until its reduced where its not watery. By this time your house will smell awesome.

Once its reduced to the point where its not watery looking, turn the heat off and dump the sharp cheddar and stir. It will really thicken it up then.

Let stand for 15 minutes and serve with french bread.

Easy clean up too.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/11/2021 01:30 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I made such a big batch so I have had it now twice as leftovers. I think maybe less cheese.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/11/2021 06:13 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Can I get a plate, jb?
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .