Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The circle jerks are touring!
Topic Summary: December 19 in Fort Lauderdale at culture room.
Created On: 11/17/2021 08:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/17/2021 08:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.ticketsonsale.com/t...ale-12-19-2021-3668947

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/18/2021 07:48 AM

johnnyboy

Looks like they are playing Jax 12/15, St. Pete 12/17 and Orlando 12/18.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/18/2021 07:50 AM

johnnyboy

With 7 Seconds!

11/19/2021 01:21 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

I saw them out in Cali twice , once with Agent Orange and the second time a triple bill with Suicidal Tendencies and the D.K's . Good Stuff !
 11/20/2021 03:01 PM

johnnyboy

Those would be shows you could not explain to the youth of today. I saw them in 1986 at the button south in Ft Lauderdale. Lots of fun live. I was in high school. Now we are all 35 years older. Crazy.

11/30/2021 02:23 PM

schmidtstick

Joined Forum: 09/23/2003

Saw with NOFX in early 90's. Killer shit.

There is nothing better than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?
 11/30/2021 07:11 PM

johnnyboy

I used to have all of the old fliers from shows. Just photocopies and stapled to telephone poles. One of my favorites was a red one with NOFX and special guests the screaming watusis.

12/01/2021 01:51 PM

fausteddie

Joined Forum: 08/10/2009

Originally posted by: johnnyboy With 7 Seconds!
KILLER!!!
 12/01/2021 03:08 PM

JOESTRUMMER

JB : You should of held on to those flyers. some of the rarer ones go for unbelievable , nutty, insane prices on the second hand market ****** https://www.ebay.com/itm/144138383859?hash=item218f5131f3:g:0EwAAOSwX-hhCcyV ****** https://www.ebay.com/itm/164585815017?hash=item2652143be9:g:k~MAAOSwMU9f2vCt

Edited: 12/01/2021 at 05:35 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 12/02/2021 02:01 PM

johnnyboy

Believe me, I know. Of all my regrets, getting rid of those when I moved on from college is the biggest. Some of them were even signed. I had fliers from everyone that came to town. Cro mags, Dead Kennedys, Agnostic, DRI, Soul Asylum, ramones, danzig, cramps, Gary Neuman, NOFX, 7 seconds, Dag nasty, Descendants the first Faith No MOre, Soundgarden, Screaming Blue Messiahs, Echo and the Bunnymen, Smiths, the cult, Bad Mutha Goose, Pixies, Kevinstead, Exploited, PIL, XTC, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, MDC, Bolshoi, Peter Murphy, TSOL, Urge Overkill, Ministry, Siouxsie, Ill Repute, Myopic Vikings, GwAR X 20, Reverend Horton Heat, the Faction, gang green, JFA, Agent Orange, Oingo Boingo, Stray Cats, GBH (charged), Suicidal, Replacements, Janes Addiction, Red hots, Bad Brains, Minor Threat and later Fugazi, Social D, and tons of local bands that broke up and reformed, shared members, died and came back. Imagine a whole wall where me and my roommate felt like it was our mission to cover the entire thing with fliers. The place was not clean, I remember staying with a bad girlfriend way past the point because she cleaned her house. It was exactly what you would expect for some stoked skateboarder surfers in love with music. We were not the norm and I never would have imagined that decades later this stuff would be so collectible. Sometimes there were less than 50 people at these shows. We met the band members, drank with them and even argued over who was real, which scene died first and how music was dead except of the exceptions and we were the gatekeepers to all the sincere, real shit happening now.

12/02/2021 03:32 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Oi ! That is quite the pedigree ! Fucking TSOL live ! Now that was a show ! That was a moment in time that will probable never shine again !

Edited: 12/02/2021 at 03:58 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 12/02/2021 06:14 PM

johnnyboy

I just went down a rabbit hole on eBay looking at all those old flyers. Wow. It jogged a lot of memories.

12/03/2021 09:59 AM

Cole

I got my tickets for Orlando a few weeks ago. My 17 yo son is loving the pit and would have disowned me had I missed them.

I was right.
 12/10/2021 09:49 PM

Cole

This time around I'll be able to afford a t-shirt!

12 bucks was some serious food money back in the day.

I was right.
 12/11/2021 12:39 PM

JOESTRUMMER

If they are still selling them , get the one with the " Group Sex " album cover art , VERY fashionable !
 12/12/2021 09:17 PM

johnnyboy

That's what parties at the A frame are all about.

12/16/2021 06:40 AM

Cole

I gotta go with the Doug Drug.

I was right.
 12/20/2021 04:00 AM

Cole

Ah to be young again, if but for a moment. It's days later and I still have a smile on my face.

I was right.
 12/20/2021 08:58 AM

JOESTRUMMER

Sounds like it must have been a good show ! Lets see what JB 's response is ,I believe he saw them last night in Lauderdale .
 12/20/2021 11:01 AM

johnnyboy

Fan fricking tastic. Municipal Waste was a blast. They had more fun than anyone there. I didn't realize I was drinking with them at the nearest bar before the show. I am sure I have some permanent hearing loss but what a performance. Circle Jerks were actually very tight musically and definitely still very much in step with music they play. I did laugh when they did "Live fast die young" knowing their on the ugly end of their sixties at best, but it was awesome. I too felt like that kid I was again over three decades ago playing a pinball in a real pit where everyone was mouthing the words to the songs, songs you could never pick up unless you listened to them for as long as I did. The old punks were all there. I laughed my head off when I saw one guy giving a mohawk a college try with his bald spot. There was also what looked like a skinhead wearing Doc's with the white laces, which made me laugh even more when he kissed his boyfriend. Not sure if that was the evolution of that particular movement or just a guy dressing punk without realizing the statement that is. The show was sold out and packed. The pit was for real and beers were $8. All that and i still got home around midnight. I went through the many videos I took on my phone but they never seem to do the place justice.

FORUMS : FOOD ...........and Music : The circle jerks are touring!

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .