Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Youtube Tripping
Topic Summary: free wheeling through some youtube vids, and killing some time
Created On: 03/05/2022 01:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2022 01:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Here is my Trippin' in Youtube story for the day, and I bet I am not the only one who does this.

I like old school country a lot, not the pop country so much. So, this trip has bit of a country vibe and even some surfing!

First off, saw that Orville Peck had a new vid out and checked it out.
(the guy is a trip and makes great music with style..worth checking out. )

Listening to that it dawned on me that he has some similar qualities as Chris Isaak:

Then thought about the great country story tellers like Bobby Gentry (damn, she was awesome. I love her music, she was very cool and had all the moves). this was off the Johnny Cash show and has Johnny introducing her segment.

After thoroughly enjoying Bobby Gentry's version of Fancy, i checked out Orville Pecks version. Not great audio, but it looked like a fun show and there are other versions on youtube with better audio....but I liked this one.

And then ended up with Reba's version of Fancy, which she plays often live and she kills it...but still not as good as Bobby Gentry's original IMO.

Yeah that was a good half hour well spent!!!

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/05/2022 07:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Great thread, Orville Peck sounds very similar to Stan Ridgeway of Wall Of Voodoo fame ! ( And the Reba video was just icing on the cake ) Well done indeed !

Edited: 03/05/2022 at 07:44 PM by JOESTRUMMER
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .