Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: IGGY & THE STOOGES LIVE
Topic Summary: THE PASSENGER
Created On: 05/08/2023 12:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/08/2023 12:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

And just exactly how wasted do you have to be to be carried ON stage ,instead of OFF stage ? **** Insanely rare early footage , talk about audience perspiration--- Iggy jumps into the crowd no less then Three times and actually invents " Crowd Surfing " in 1970 ???

Edited: 05/08/2023 at 01:45 AM by JOESTRUMMER
 05/08/2023 11:24 AM

WorldBFree

Joined Forum: 10/27/2016

Great timing!

I'm just finishing an interview in RC w/Iggy. He is actually a rather thoughtful and self-deprecating guy. Discussion was regarding his new platter plus the 50 year anny of Raw Power. Good stuff.

He does tour some but at this age he says he no longer stage-dives. Too old and brittle.

He did admit to occasionally "stage-falling" these days.

I guess that's how cool old folks break their hip these days!

-------------------------
Slide On

05/08/2023 04:20 PM

JOESTRUMMER

RE: WorldBFree : Too cool ----- Iggys grin at 45 Seconds is Priceless ! What a great song and performance !
 05/09/2023 03:39 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

It's what makes him The Godfather of Punk. He's changed since then.
 05/09/2023 03:47 PM

SlimyBritches

I used to have a World's Forgotten Boy black Tshirt.

05/09/2023 04:10 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I clearly recall his snot rocket onto the stage at Brassy's in Cocoa Beach. The t-shirt said Raw Fucking Power. I still lament not buying one.

I was right.
 05/09/2023 07:44 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Slimy B : Bonus points for Forgotten Boy !, excellent choice ! IGGY AT BRASSYS : COLESTER ; Fuck yeah., I remeber that show VERY WELL , Wilson Shamanski ( Rich and Phils Salicks stepbrother ) showed up at my house at the last minute , with an 8 Ball and an extra ticket One of those epic ALL NIGHTERS for sure !

Edited: 05/09/2023 at 08:08 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 05/09/2023 09:45 PM

Cole

Wilson was classic. He lived with Pat Finney across the walk from me at 9th Street decades ago. What a pair.

I was right.
 05/10/2023 09:52 AM

JOESTRUMMER

Holy Shit , Pat Finney and his younger brother Dan . Squid and OD ---what great nicknames . Have not thought of them in years . We used to be as thick as thieves .Them was the Days !
 05/11/2023 06:50 AM

Cole

We saw Pat walking his moped on the side of A1A years ago, so we stopped to help. He had spilled it at peak speed and shredded himself. The man was road rash from head to toe. We loaded his busted machine into the truck and gave him a ride home. He never mentioned the thousand scrapes and never said a word about the pain. Classic stuff, from a one of a kind man.

I was right.
 05/11/2023 04:01 PM

JOESTRUMMER

COLE : RE: One of a kind man. ------My all time classic Pat Finney story : ( Cole : You will enjoy this , as you know most of the cast of characters ) Cape Hatteras East Coast Championships 1982 . Jimmy Leasure rents a van and a rather large House for the QF Team . Renting the House was not easy , as surfers back then were considered a very bad risk to your property and thus were " Persona Non Grati " . 90% of the vacation rentals would not rent to them and those that did required a big damage deposit . So after being turned down again and again , Jimmy finally sweet talks his way in to renting this house for us . With the substantial damage deposit paid , --- Jimmy ( who was staying else where ) warns us to be on our best behavior and do not Fuck anything up as he wants his deposit back .Fast forward several days later and the contest has been put on hold . Being the Highly Trained and Skilled Competitive Athletes that we were at the time , we were all sitting around smoking weed , drinking beer and eating Junk Food . Pat made a beer run and came back with Two Cases of beer , Three huge bags of chips and this giant industrial size can of bean dip ( Like the size of a Fosters can ). There was this giant round table in the middle of the kitchen that sat 8 people , and myself , Rich Rudolf , Mike Stalvey , Todd Braley , and Pat and Dan Finney were all sitting around , Pat puts the bean dip in the very middle of the table ,literately throws us the bags of chips at us and we all dig in. A few minutes pass and Pat without saying a word pulls out a M- 80 ( He and Dan had stocked up on Fireworks on the drive up ) sticks it all the way down into the can of bean dip and lights the fuse . We all made wide eyed contact and dove under the table for protection . KA -BOOM ! The can of bean dip exploded like a Mexican Volcano and the entire contents went straight up to the kitchen ceiling and walls as well ., and it was One of those old school drop ceilings with the acoustic tiles. A virtual bean dip Jackson Pollack covering every square inch of the kitchen ceiling . Now this was back in the day when you could still buy a REAL M- 80 at certain Firework Stores and Pat had managed to find the real deal . I do not know if anyone here on this forum has heard a proper M-80 go off indoors in a closed environment , but I would certainly not recommend it . None of us could hear for a good 10 minutes ,but when we did regain our hearing , we were all rolling in non stop laughter after that ! Instant Legend ! They had to replace the ENTIRE drop ceiling and for SOME REASON Jimmy never got his deposit back .

Edited: 05/13/2023 at 06:13 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 05/11/2023 04:48 PM

Cole

People like Pat always made me nervous. You knew shit was going to go down, you just didn't know when.

I was right.
 05/13/2023 06:28 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Next time you see Jim or Richie ----- Ask them about the " Infamous Hatteras Pat Finney bean dip incident "
 05/17/2023 10:59 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Would love to be in Cali for this one.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/20/2023 02:47 PM

SlimyBritches

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .