Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pato Banton - headed your way
Topic Summary: Go Pato!
Created On: 06/02/2023 04:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/02/2023 04:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Pato Banton was in Gainesville last nite @ Heartwood Soundstage. They recently did 7 shows in various Hawaiian islands, a bunch out west, and now on the FL circuit. He's been on a world tour ever since I can remember. He ALWAYS puts on a great show, & I've been a fan since the bubbalin hot English Beat-Ranking Roger days (thanks UF Surf Club!), and I knew it was gonna be another good one. I didn't expect this...on the next to last song, I recognized that unmistakeable riddim. I was in the front row(of course) stage left ,and so was he - so I asked him (while his keyboard player, stage right - was doin a solo - she's amazing) AND .... he invited me get up on stage and sing (Ini Kamoze's) Hot Stepper, with his band! Musta done OK - I got a fist bump, band thumbs up, and a Pato B hat. The crowd kinda went crazy, too. After the show we talked a bit & he signed a CD I had brought with me. Good times with another living reggae legend. Super nice, inspirational, & positive guy, in person and on stage. I'll try to post some pix later. He's in Jax tonite, CB tomorrow nite, next nite- Sebastian... Go Pato! - & Go SEE Pato! Ya won't regret it. ......PS - Shaggy is also in Fla, too. but that's another thread topic.......................... &
 06/02/2023 05:25 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Go Pato!

I've been going to his shows since the late 80's. Great guy, great show every time.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/02/2023 05:28 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Go Pato! I've been going to his shows since the late 80's. Great guy, great show every time.
5/5, &
 06/02/2023 10:59 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Is Pato Buju's brother?

06/02/2023 11:38 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Only in music Banton - this last name comes from the disc jockey slang word "Banton", meaning heavyweight lyricist or storyteller today you learned Buju used to pass thru here a lot back in the day, as well, and of course I met him, but we didn't share the stage. He's also worthy of another thread....

Edited: 06/02/2023 at 11:40 AM by StirfryMcflurry
 06/02/2023 01:02 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/02/2023 01:05 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If you go to Pato Banton Saturday night afterwards let the traffic clear and check out Cherry Down at Johnathan's Pub 9:30 to 1:30am.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .