Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: American Journalist Killed in Saudi Arabia
Topic Summary: will Trump do ANYTHING?
Created On: 10/14/2018 09:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2018 09:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

it seems he has some conflict of interest there...
 10/14/2018 12:40 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

and he doesn't like reporters to begin with.

maybe he'll call it fake news...
 10/14/2018 04:48 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Well judging by how much he fellates Vlad Putin.. I'd say, uh... nope.

-------------------------
 10/14/2018 05:02 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Emoluments baby. He publicly said that he didn't want to do anything about this because it could jeopardize billions in MIC contracts. But he doesn't really care about those jobs. A lot of his personal finances and business holdings are beholden to the 'kindness' of Saudi royalty.

10/14/2018 08:50 PM

fishkller

Remember when it was creepy enough having a President walking around holding hands with Saudis?

Now we've got one jerking them off..

10/15/2018 05:10 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Please, criticizing Trump about this by anyone is hypocritical. Every single sitting US President on both sides of the fence dating back to Tricky Dick have been ignoring human rights violations, Saudi atrocities, and other behavior for the sake of strategic value and arms sales. Why this is all of a sudden a concern to some of you is a bit amusing and you must have been looking the other way when Obama was doing it. Whatever, 'your' side is better than 'their' side... regardless of what 'side' you are on, am i right?
 10/15/2018 05:46 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

A reported was lured back, then murdered when Obama was president? Huh, I must have missed that one.

I was right.
 10/15/2018 05:58 AM

miker

Sure Cole, get up in arms about one life and ignore all the other atrocities and human rights violations that have happened over the past 30 years. Like that entire war and all the deaths that followed that we provided the weapons for during O's administration. The funny thing is, I am sure in your uber partisan mind that you think I am defending Trump or attacking Obama, yet are completely blind to the fact that I am attacking the entire culture of catering to the Saudi's we have been doing for decades.
 10/15/2018 07:04 AM

Cole

Oh, I'm with you on the silliness of our relationship with Saudi Arabia. I didn't agree with Obama's arms sales, just as I don't agree with Trump's. The idea the we are backing the massacre in Yemen is repulsive too.

They need to be taken to task if the murder of the reporter was state ordered and Trump deserves all the criticizing in the world if it was state sponsored and he does nothing about it.

I was right.

Edited: 10/15/2018 at 07:04 AM by Cole
 10/15/2018 07:18 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

No other president has held personal financial interests in Saudi Arabia, except perhaps the Bushes. The USA needs to get its ethics laws in order, and make enforcement quick and thorough, all the way to the top.
 10/15/2018 11:14 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

The Saudis threatened to punish anyone who punishes them. This is going to an unstable egomaniac that bases everything on his personal relationships. Volatile. Putting hundreds of millions of dollars on hold for the murder of one journalist is not Trump's style. The Saudi's are getting more aggressive with their human rights violations, even going so far as to torture their royals and confine them at some five star hotel until they paid their backtaxes. The murder is too blatant to ignore, it will be expensive, but the big question is how expensive.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/15/2018 11:38 AM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Miker -I see no hypocrisy in the outrage against Saudi Arabia. This is apples and oranges. True - the US does tons of business with countries ruled by dictators. I don't ever recall the Saudis or another ally country akin to the Saudis, killing a US journalist for their critical work. The honorable thing is to go elsewhere for oil or whatever else the Saudi's supply, suck it up, stop giving them security, and adapt. I think the Saudi's would probably come back on their knees. Of course - that's not happening given our current leadership only caring about the short term endgame - not to mention is widespread conflicts and private financial interests in not making dictators angry. In fact - the right should put their money where their mouth is re: "made in america" concepts- end relations with Saudis & other dictators, rely on fracking on US soil for oil needs, and start loving $4-$6 /gallon gas. And I forgot - blame Obama for it.
 10/15/2018 11:50 AM

miker

Originally posted by: 426Blue

Miker -I see no hypocrisy in the outrage against Saudi Arabia.

I am speaking of partisan based outrage. Sorry, but it is indeed hypocritical.
 10/15/2018 11:58 AM

miker

10/15/2018 01:41 PM

Greensleeves

Twitler hates journalists as it is.

Not sure why America would go this alone. We could build a coalition to respond but Twitler has alienated every last friendly and that leaves us where? Going to the UN is the right way to do it.

Being hateful is really working out good for us.
 10/15/2018 03:15 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Twitler hates journalists as it is. Not sure why America would go this alone. We could build a coalition to respond but Twitler has alienated every last friendly and that leaves us where? Going to the UN is the right way to do it. Being hateful is really working out good for us.
Are you not advocating that we alienate another ally?

I :heart; Q
 10/15/2018 03:32 PM

fishkller

^^^^ He's not advocating that we don't think you aren't not a douchebag LOL

Edited: 10/15/2018 at 03:33 PM by fishkller
 10/15/2018 07:02 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

It was Rogue killers. Trump just thinks it was Rogue Killers. This is comically stupid for all but his base. Its not what he thinks, its why he thinks that. He thinks that it was Rogue killers because that allows him to do nothing about it, which is what he wanted to do all along. Money is at stake and so the moral equivalencies are going to start stacking up. We are entering the whataboutisms on steroids. Moral relativism, situational ethics, amoral utilitarianism and outright evil will all be justified.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/15/2018 09:46 PM

Cole

Trump does a ton of business in Saudi Arabia, personal business.

He will do nothing.

I was right.
 10/15/2018 09:57 PM

fishkller

It was bad hombres LOL

Have them pay for a wall

god I cant believe you dopes buy this crap

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .