Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I wish that I was making this up, , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/09/2019 07:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/09/2019 07:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Unable" is one thing, , , , "Unwilling" is indefensible.

AOC Green New Deal Promises 'Economic Security for Those Unable or Unwilling to Work'

Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) and Ed Markey (D., Mass.) introduced a Green New Deal bill Thursday that, in addition to transitioning the U.S. entirely to renewable energy in ten years, promises to provide "economic security for those unable or unwilling to work."

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 02/09/2019 09:15 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: dingpatch

AOC Green New Deal Promises 'Economic Security for Those Unable or Unwilling to Work'

Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) and Ed Markey (D., Mass.) introduced a Green New Deal bill Thursday that, in addition to transitioning the U.S. entirely to renewable energy in ten years, promises to provide "economic security for those unable or unwilling to work."

I just read the Entire New Green Deal document. Absolutely nowhere does it state that. More fake news regurgitated from the gullible people on the NSR. FYI, you are making it up. SMH

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5731829-Ocasio-Cortez-Green-New-Deal-Resolution

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 09:17 AM by HAPDigital
 02/09/2019 09:35 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The cons released a fake version that's been making the rounds.

It scares them that bad.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/09/2019 09:42 AM

HAPDigital

Eh... What do you expect from a guy that posts videos from nutcases ranting gibberish on youtube?
 02/09/2019 12:09 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Dingpatch, you gotta stop it with this silly crap.. or people are gonna start calling you Ding Killer or Dingycakes.

Come on bro.. stick to the flying saucers / Majestic 12 - it's more interesting anyway

When America was "great"

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 12:09 PM by fishkller
 02/09/2019 12:40 PM

dingpatch

Ummmmm, , , , but, , , , , taken from a link posted by CNBC. Look at the "overview".

Texthttps://www.cnbc.com/2019/...unwilling-to-work.html

Dora Hates You

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 12:41 PM by dingpatch
 02/09/2019 12:50 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Yeah...and if you carry it on some outlets this is what happens:

"greenpoone.wordpress.com is no longer available.
This blog has been archived or suspended in accordance with our Terms of Service.
For more information and to contact us please read this support document."

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 02/09/2019 12:56 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
The cons released a fake version that's been making the rounds.

Sincerely seeking truth.

Quoting from here: https://www.timesunion.com/tec...eleased-a-13603728.php
Alongside the five-page nonbinding resolution, co-sponsored by 9 senators and more than 60 House Democrats,...

... Ocasio-Cortez's office published a six-page document of Green New Deal talking points.

But the "FAQ" talking points differed in some key ways from the resolution. Critics, including right-wing media, quickly jumped on one vague and radical proposal in Ocasio-Cortez's document: "Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work."

The line appeared to suggest that the Green New Deal, which aims to fight climate change, spur economic growth, and improve social welfare, would include universal basic income (UBI).

"'Green New Deal' suggests welfare for those 'unwilling to work.' Is that a mistake?" The Daily Caller's headline read.

Later on Thursday, the talking points were deleted off of Ocasio-Cortez's site. Saikat Chakrabarti, Ocasio-Cortez's chief of staff, called the document "bad copy," suggesting it was mistakenly put out by his office.

They link to a six-page document here:
https://assets.documentcloud.o...Green-New-Deal-FAQ.pdf

The bullet point "Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to
work" appears about 2/3 of the way down page 1.

Does that make it a "fake version"?

Is her CoS' comment about "bad copy" an admission that it was at least real, if not intended for final release?

Is "the talking points were deleted off of Ocasio-Cortez's site" a true statement? If so, how did they get on the site in the first place?

02/09/2019 01:05 PM

HAPDigital

Well when it is in the official Green New Deal doc get back at me. It's not. otherwise this is fake news no matter how it is spun. Top it off, to think this "new deal" would ever happen.... SMH

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 01:13 PM by HAPDigital
 02/09/2019 01:18 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: HAPDigital Well when it is in the official Green New Deal doc get back at me. It's not. otherwise this is fake news no matter how it is spun.
npr links to the documents from this article. just posting working link
 02/09/2019 01:21 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Well when it is in the official Green New Deal doc get back at me. It's not. otherwise this is fake news no matter how it is spun.

npr links to the documents from this article. just posting working link

Yup, I linked earlier...

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

I just read the Entire New Green Deal document. Absolutely nowhere does it state that. More fake news regurgitated from the gullible people on the NSR. FYI, you are making it up. SMH

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5731829-Ocasio-Cortez-Green-New-Deal-Resolution

Get back at me when it says "unable and unwilling" in there....

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 01:26 PM by HAPDigital
 02/09/2019 01:24 PM

RiddleMe

are you ever not a dick? you had no hyperlink, which is why i said I was just posting a working link
 02/09/2019 01:26 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

are you ever not a dick? you had no hyperlink, which is why i said I was just posting a working link

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was hard for people to copy and paste links into their browser. My bad. My link is a direct link to the doc, not the story.

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 01:28 PM by HAPDigital
 02/09/2019 01:28 PM

dingpatch

Well, but no, certainly not Fake News. The original document was release by the Ocasio - Markey folks, but since retracted.

Perhaps the final take-away from this is the "quality" of their organization.

Dora Hates You
 02/09/2019 01:28 PM

RiddleMe

you must not be paying attention to a couple of our posters then, heh
 02/09/2019 01:29 PM

HAPDigital

Well, but no, certainly not Fake News. The original document was release by the Ocasio - Markey folks, but since retracted.

The Trump "organization" is much better? Trumpsters say the darnedest things... Catch you guys later. I'm going to eat some hamberders with my covfefe while I read some executive orders with poor grammar and misleading statements whilst hoping Mexico pays for the wall.

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 01:30 PM by HAPDigital
 02/09/2019 01:32 PM

RiddleMe

anywho, the story links original doc before revision too. only mentions guaranteed jobs and no mention of free handouts for people unwilling to work
 02/09/2019 02:41 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Many comments and actions that are not intended for public consumption still get out, and they are good indicators of how people think. Trump's "shithole countries" remark, John McCain's "Bomb Bomb Iran" song, AOCs "unwilling to work", etc...

For me that takeaway is what they're discussing (to the point of putting in writing) behind closed doors.

Edited: 02/09/2019 at 02:43 PM by RegularJoe
 02/09/2019 03:14 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RegularJoe

Many comments and actions that are not intended for public consumption still get out, and they are good indicators of how people think. Trump's "shithole countries" remark, John McCain's "Bomb Bomb Iran" song, AOCs "unwilling to work", etc...

For me that takeaway is what they're discussing (to the point of putting in writing) behind closed doors.

When you compare giving a secure financial situation to people to removing kids from their mothers and banning trans from the military, seems like a petty worry, huh? Priveleged even....
 02/09/2019 06:21 PM

scombrid

I kind of feel bad for feeling it because this is a real person that is part of the local community and not some fucking random troll that parked here. But I am starting to feel the same way that I did about Rod Barken aka "Tahoeskiphreak".

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .