Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: You're not allowed to use public office for private gain
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/26/2019 07:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/26/2019 07:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Recent reports found that the Trump cabinet member, Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, created a "special path" for projects favored by Senate Majority Leader and husband Mitch McConnell for his home state of Kentucky; she retained shares in a construction-materials company for more than a year after promising to relinquish them; and she has "extraordinary proximity to power in China" given her family's American shipping company is largely based in China.

"I am not aware of any situation like this," Virginia Canter, chief ethics counsel at Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, told Yahoo Finance.

"Corruption is the use of public office for private gain, and corrupt activity takes place because it tends to promote, or make policies or decisions that benefit the private interests of ... their family members, if not themselves directly.... this broadly fits in with ... the broad definition of what corruption is."

You're not allowed to use public office for private gain

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...reports-133505604.html
 06/26/2019 07:38 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The corruption is rampant and blatant. It's the kind of "in your face" illegality that can only be possible in a state of generalized unaccountability.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/26/2019 08:13 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

What is Trump's biggest lie?

10,000 plus hard to sort out.

How about the "drain the swamp" bs?

Or the " I hire the best people" ?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/26/2019 09:27 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The biggest? My bet would be "my assets have been placed in a bling trust and I no longer have control over them."

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/26/2019 10:29 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

"You're not allowed to use public office for private gain" WHO SAYS?

GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter uses campaign funds for 'Intimate' Extramarital Affairs: Feds

Prosecutors alleged the Republican congressman used campaign funds to woo three lobbyists and one aide to a member of the GOP leadership team.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 06/26/2019 10:33 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Hunter is gong to the slammer! His own wife gone state's witness. Oh yeah baby!

06/26/2019 11:05 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover "I am not aware of any situation like this," Virginia Canter, chief ethics counsel at Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, told Yahoo Finance. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...reports-133505604.html
Oh, I don't know. How about this? Biden blows that one out of the water.

I :heart; Q
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .