Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: An anonymous Democratic group leaked a poll that shows swing voters deeply dislike Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the left wing, widening the party's rift
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/15/2019 05:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/16/2019 08:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: RiddleMe nbc today talked about the rift. doable sensible changes vs dramatic radical changes. also how it might put trump in for another term. it is a valid danger. we are too busy eating our own when we need to come together
Republicans figured out the dog whistles to help them court the "Tea Party Patriots" and successfully piss down their necks and convince them that it is raining. Democrats need to to that with the progressives. No principle. Just pander and then do what you were going to to anyway until it all blows up.

-------------------------

07/16/2019 08:45 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Which is exactly why I suspect Trump issued that particular tweet.

It's also taken a lot of attention away from democratic presidential contenders. It appears he was successful on all fronts, if it was indeed a strategically planned tweet. Though, I question his ability to think on that multi-faceted level, it was probably just a dumb tweet that may or may not work in his favor.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 07/16/2019 08:57 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

So the 4 libtard commies hate the military and law enforcement so much they take the squad (a military and police) name for themselves, maybe squids would be more appropriate!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 07/16/2019 09:07 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Funny how much intersection there is ( at least here) between the set of "libtard commies hate the military" and the set of people with actual military service.

Where do you get this ridiculous stuff?
Show me where
eps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts hate the military or police.

(BTW a group of quids is a squad)

I do think Medicare for all should be "for all who want it".
Medicare provides a basic level of service, most people supplement it with private insurance.
As much of a nonproductive drag on our economy the private medical care denial industry is, there is room for it along wit the public option.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 07/16/2019 at 09:17 AM by WG
 07/16/2019 09:11 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

maybe squids would be more appropriate!

As a former US Navy squid.......Hell no!

07/16/2019 09:17 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

^^^^You are right---bad reference, Dunce would be OK!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 07/16/2019 12:08 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Dang cranky, reading your posts is like watch a rerun of Corky on Life Goes On.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 07/16/2019 12:58 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
Which is exactly why I suspect Trump issued that particular tweet.
It's also taken a lot of attention away from democratic presidential contenders. It appears he was successful on all fronts, if it was indeed a strategically planned tweet. Though, I question his ability to think on that multi-faceted level, it was probably just a dumb tweet that may or may not work in his favor.
We may know someday. But, I believe it is was a planned maneuver. Trump has one of the better natural instincts I have seen in a politician. If you break down his various actions, you have to conclude that he is either a political genius or the luckiest person ever to grace the planet (a real life Chauncey Gardiner).

I :heart; Q
 07/16/2019 01:12 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Rifts are good on both sides..... the 2 party system is wearing out their usefulness, and basically just pawns for corporate interests........ The braindead blindly partisan mentality many have needs an exorcism.... NPR is proof of that.
 07/16/2019 01:51 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Dang cranky, reading your posts is like watch a rerun of Corky on Life Goes On.

But then again, Corky was MUCH more eloquent of a speaker...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 07/16/2019 02:09 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

AOC isn't really that much different that the rest of the establishment Democrats. The establishment just knows what they can say out loud and what needs to stay out of the news. AOC and the squad often remind me of the Gruber guy who admitted that the Obama administration could have never passed Obamacare without the useful idiots. For example, AOC's Chief of Staff "The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn't originally a climate thing at all. Do you guys think of it as a climate thing? Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing." That's what most of us knew all along, this idiot just slipped up and said it out loud. It isn't about improving the environment. The environment is being used as the excuse or the wedge argument but the goal isn't to improve the environment. The biggest problem for AOC and team is that our economy is doing well. The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite are closing at record highs and unemployment is hitting all-time lows. Good luck getting everyone onboard with that.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 07/16/2019 04:39 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Well Street is doing great, but the correction is coming. And you'll probably be asked to pay for it. Again. Remember, we love private profits, but socialized losses.

AOC knows that issues of climate are intimately connected to labor, economy, housing, and healthcare. She so far ahead you guys can't keep up.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 07/16/2019 06:11 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Trump has one of the better natural instincts I have seen in a politician. If you break down his various actions, you have to conclude that he is either a political genius or the luckiest person ever to grace the planet (a real life Chauncey Gardiner).

An now with the visual:

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Edited: 07/16/2019 at 06:14 PM by fishkller
 07/16/2019 08:51 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Well Street is doing great, but the correction is coming. And you'll probably be asked to pay for it. Again. Remember, we love private profits, but socialized losses.

AOC knows that issues of climate are intimately connected to labor, economy, housing, and healthcare. She so far ahead you guys can't keep up.

Corporate debt is at an all-time high, corporations that continue to bleed money are worth billions in the Markets, the Dow jump 500 points when Trump lies about China....yep, this ain't gonna end well.

I was right.
 07/16/2019 09:11 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Rift? The House just voted overwhelmingly in favor of the Four.

If Trump wanted unity, he got it. lol

I was right.
 07/17/2019 02:42 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo... We may know someday. But, I believe it is was a planned maneuver. Trump has one of the better natural instincts I have seen in a politician. If you break down his various actions, you have to conclude that he is either a political genius or the luckiest person ever to grace the planet (a real life Chauncey Gardiner).
Yep, this presidency is a cross between Being There (Chauncey Gardiner) and Idiocracy. Interesting that you compare Trump to Chauncey Gardiner in that he was a simple minded man who got all his information from TV, and many suspected correctly that he in fact was mentally handicapped or delusional. Glad to hear that you finally concluded that!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 07/17/2019 at 02:46 AM by Bamboo
 07/17/2019 10:55 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

The braindead blindly partisan mentality many have needs an exorcism....

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .