Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Shady Isles - Moscow by the Sea
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/21/2019 10:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/21/2019 10:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Two years ago, Reuters reported that least 63 Russians had spent $98.4 million buying condos in the six Trump-branded luxury towers in Sunny Isles and a seventh in Hollywood. Plus, another 703 units in the seven Trump buildings had been purchased by so-called limited liability companies, LLCs, that mask the owners' identities.

In 2016, a Miami Herald investigation found that dozens of Sunny Isles condos, many in Trump-branded properties, had been purchased by Russians suspected of illicit doings. International fraud investigators suggest that Sunny Isles real estate provides corrupt Russian officials an anonymous place to invest their loot, safe from the scrutiny of cops and tax collectors back home. No wonder they call Sunny Isles Moscow-by-the-Sea.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/op...hwodndlltaa-story.html
 10/21/2019 10:37 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

suspected of....suggest.....

You do realize that absolutely ANYONE can buy that property....RIGHT?!?!?!

MORON!

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/21/2019 10:43 AM

3rdworldlover

Exactly, any shell corporation can buy any Trump property, at any price.
That's a massive problem.
 10/21/2019 10:44 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

minnow kisser wobbling to the defense of commie mobsters

from the article:

"In 2017, the Daily Beast reported that Moscow travel agencies were marketing $85,000 travel packages to Russian mothers-to-be, including airfare, hospital maternity ward fees and a place to stay until the big day arrives: a condo in a Trump tower on Sunny Isles Beach, complete with gold-tiled bathtubs and a chauffeured Cadillac Escalade. Fly to Miami pregnant; return home a few weeks later, well-tanned, with a new little American citizen in tow.

Last year, a Russian couple was busted on the 18th floor of another Trump tower for running a high-end call girl operation. They offered customers "Russian dolls.""

twitler associates with gutter filth

Edited: 10/21/2019 at 10:44 AM by Greensleeves
 10/21/2019 10:47 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Exactly, any shell corporation can buy any Trump property, at any price.

That's a massive problem.

Any shell corporation can buy ANY property at any price that is accepted by the seller!

MORON!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/21/2019 10:54 AM

3rdworldlover

Yeah, I'm sure the lease agreements are even better.

Real estate transactions are likely the best vehicle for money laundering.
 10/21/2019 12:46 PM

tpapablo

Two years ago, Reuters reported that least 63 Russians had spent $98.4 million buying condos in the six Trump-branded luxury towers in Sunny Isles and a seventh in Hollywood. Plus, another 703 units in the seven Trump buildings had been purchased by so-called limited liability companies, LLCs, that mask the owners' identities. In 2016, a Miami Herald investigation found that dozens of Sunny Isles condos, many in Trump-branded properties, had been purchased by Russians suspected of illicit doings. International fraud investigators suggest that Sunny Isles real estate provides corrupt Russian officials an anonymous place to invest their loot, safe from the scrutiny of cops and tax collectors back home. No wonder they call Sunny Isles Moscow-by-the-Sea.
So? I have bought properties through LLCs. Standard practice in many circles. And, no, I wasn't money laundering.

I :heart; Q
 10/21/2019 12:52 PM

johnnyboy

If you were a foreign national with political aspirations, not so much.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/22/2019 06:24 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Two years ago, Reuters reported that least 63 Russians had spent $98.4 million buying condos in the six Trump-branded luxury towers in Sunny Isles and a seventh in Hollywood. Plus, another 703 units in the seven Trump buildings had been purchased by so-called limited liability companies, LLCs, that mask the owners' identities.

In 2016, a Miami Herald investigation found that dozens of Sunny Isles condos, many in Trump-branded properties, had been purchased by Russians suspected of illicit doings. International fraud investigators suggest that Sunny Isles real estate provides corrupt Russian officials an anonymous place to invest their loot, safe from the scrutiny of cops and tax collectors back home. No wonder they call Sunny Isles Moscow-by-the-Sea.

So? I have bought properties through LLCs. Standard practice in many circles. And, no, I wasn't money laundering.

mims trailers, and sunny isle condos, are not an apples to apples comparison

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life

Edited: 10/22/2019 at 06:25 AM by stokedpanda
 10/22/2019 06:32 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

^^^

LOL

10/22/2019 08:30 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy If you were a foreign national with political aspirations, not so much.
Perfectly fine for foreign nationals. Done all the time. Your buddies the Chinese own a lot more than the Russians.

10/22/2019 08:39 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: stokedpanda
Originally posted by: tpapablo
Two years ago, Reuters reported that least 63 Russians had spent $98.4 million buying condos in the six Trump-branded luxury towers in Sunny Isles and a seventh in Hollywood. Plus, another 703 units in the seven Trump buildings had been purchased by so-called limited liability companies, LLCs, that mask the owners' identities. In 2016, a Miami Herald investigation found that dozens of Sunny Isles condos, many in Trump-branded properties, had been purchased by Russians suspected of illicit doings. International fraud investigators suggest that Sunny Isles real estate provides corrupt Russian officials an anonymous place to invest their loot, safe from the scrutiny of cops and tax collectors back home. No wonder they call Sunny Isles Moscow-by-the-Sea.
mims trailers, and sunny isle condos, are not an apples to apples comparison
What about Seattle condos? Not quite apples to apples, since a far worse breed of scum is moving into that area - Californians - but close enough. But like the Russians, they are paying top dollar. So I can live with it for now.

10/22/2019 08:39 AM

johnnyboy

I know they own Jared. The prevalence of this should never be confused with the legality of it. In the words of St. Augustine: Right is right even if no one is doing it, wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/22/2019 09:05 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I know they own Jared. The prevalence of this should never be confused with the legality of it. In the words of St. Augustine: Right is right even if no one is doing it, wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.
It is wrong to allow foreigners to own land? Folks, I do believe that we have a Xenophobe on our hands. Disgusting. This is not who we are. Hahahaha.

10/22/2019 09:13 AM

3rdworldlover

In one well documented real estate transaction on Palm Beach, a Russian oligarch overpaid by $60 million and lost money when he flipped it years later. That's enough money to buy 120 years of presidential salaries. I'm sure it was just the nice thing to do, or Trump's incredible business acumen, and he owes nothing in return for the tens of millions.
 10/22/2019 10:34 AM

johnnyboy

That same Russian bulldozed the house on that property, just to eliminate any possibility that the structure on it could justify the price.

10/22/2019 11:56 AM

3rdworldlover

Split it into three parcels, rebuilt three mansions and still came up short (on paper).
 10/22/2019 06:09 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

It is wrong to allow foreigners to own land?
Siiilly little piggy......
These are commie thugs laundering the money they stole at gunpoint from the former Stalinist utopia. They needed a place in the world with a dirt bag as dirty as them. They found him...,,
Beginning about '91 they poured in to south Florida, aided and abetted by your orange traitor messiah.
We are working night and day in o-land, slammed with clients.
This article is spot on, miami Herald has been all over it as well.
Oinkafeller is full of hog poo.
Watch this space......

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 10/22/2019 at 06:10 PM by nukeh2o
 10/23/2019 07:26 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: nukeh2o It is wrong to allow foreigners to own land? Siiilly little piggy...... These are commie thugs laundering the money they stole at gunpoint from the former Stalinist utopia. They needed a place in the world with a dirt bag as dirty as them. They found him...,, Beginning about '91 they poured in to south Florida, aided and abetted by your orange traitor messiah. We are working night and day in o-land, slammed with clients. This article is spot on, miami Herald has been all over it as well. Oinkafeller is full of hog poo. Watch this space......
I was hoping I could smoke you out. Because I like doing this: Say, nuke, what's the latest into the investigation into Trump's nefarious dealings with these "commie thugs?" Hahahahaha.

10/23/2019 08:39 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Russian mafia affiliated Ukrainian thugs that lived there and laundered money there are in the news currently with red rudy giuli. Comrade chumpf is being impeached about these issues.
No amount of factual evidence is going to change any chumpfdirt minds tho.
Just click those lil ruby slippered piggy hooves together and repeat: "lord loofa is our savior, he can do no wrong!"
suuuu weeeeeee!.......

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 10/23/2019 at 08:41 AM by nukeh2o
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .