Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Twitler supporters fatter and dumber.
Topic Summary: It's science
Created On: 12/03/2019 05:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2019 05:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

From a NYT article: NYT Krugman opinion piece

I looked at states that voted for Donald Trump versus states that voted for Clinton in 2016, and calculated average life expectancy weighted by their 2016 population. In 1990, today's red and blue states had almost the same life expectancy. Since then, however, life expectancy in Clinton states has risen more or less in line with other advanced countries, compared with almost no gain in Trump country. At this point, blue-state residents can expect to live more than four years longer than their red-state counterparts.

Is this all about deaths of despair in the eastern heartland? No. Consider our four most populous states. In 1990, Texas and Florida had higher life expectancy than New York and almost matched California; today, they're far behind.

What explains the divergence? Public policy certainly plays some role, especially in recent years, as blue states expanded Medicaid and drastically reduced the number of uninsured, while most red states didn't. The growing gap in educational levels has also surely played a role: Better-educated people tend to be healthier than the less educated.

Beyond that, there has been a striking divergence in behavior and lifestyle that must be affecting mortality. For example, the prevalence of obesity has soared all across America since 1990, but obesity rates are significantly higher in red states.
 12/03/2019 06:28 AM

Cole

To steal a line from Animal House, "Fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life."

-------------------------
I was right.
 12/03/2019 06:48 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I didn't see anything in there that said that Trump voters were fat and stupid. For all we know it was Clinton voters who skewed the results downward. Probably was. You live in a red state and voted for Clinton Greensleeves. And you are dumb as they come. Thank goodness that I'm here too to bring up the average or it would have been worse.

I :heart; Q
 12/03/2019 07:14 AM

Greensleeves

Yeah math is hard and New York Times pieces have big words that the run of the mill Foxnewz reader might not have the book learnin' to git. Poor tspank struggles with abstract concepts anymore. You know like Barr struggles with justice and dignity or Grisham struggles with opening her bottle of bourbon in the morning.

FL was smart enough to vote for Obama twice and all the stupid the right rains down falls on a smaller (by population not waist measurement (they fat y'all)) audience.

MFGA!

Edited: 12/03/2019 at 07:15 AM by Greensleeves
 12/03/2019 07:34 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

In 1990, Texas and Florida had higher life expectancy than New York and almost matched California; today, they're far behind. .... From a NYT article: NYT Krugman OPINION PIECE In Krugmans opinion it is fat people... BUT that's opinion not science: Facts are Since 2010 Texas has 15.2% population growth, Florida has 15% growth, Cali 6.5% growth, NY .5% population growth..... to quote: Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free....

12/03/2019 07:36 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Krugman is a short-sighted dipshit who writes for other short-sighted dipshits.

I wonder how many New Yorkers are moving to Florida.

I wonder how many Californians are moving to Texas.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/03/2019 08:15 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

This tells you a lot about how bad progs can screw up a government, doesn't it? People would rather die earlier than live in those prog-run shit holes. We appreciate you for pointing that out to everyone, Clayton. That'll help Trump get reelected.

I :heart; Q
 12/03/2019 08:19 AM

Greensleeves

That math ain't the strong suit of the geriatric twitler supporters is on obvious display.

Apparently nobodyelse and Sniper are making the case that the fat and unhealthy are leaving the D states for TX and FL. Oh good for us. We get a pittance in revenue from them and have to provide them services. Anybody drive on I75 or I95 this weekend? So great!

I can imagine tspank envisions the "be best" people are coming from the other states. Disney hiring cast members y'all!

Edited: 12/03/2019 at 08:23 AM by Greensleeves
 12/03/2019 08:24 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

That's what happen when libtards move away from their dumbocrap controlled strongholds to Redstate utopia!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 12/03/2019 09:19 AM

Greensleeves

12/03/2019 10:25 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 12/03/2019 10:51 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Or maybe more people are just embracing the 'Every Body is Beautiful' philosophy.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/03/2019 03:34 PM

RustyTruck

Obesity is unhealthy

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

12/04/2019 07:32 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Obesity is unhealthy

Ever seen a fat person over the age of 75?

I was right.
 12/04/2019 01:45 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

I've seen pictures of GaryFish, and I'd definitely say he fits the stats.. or squeezes into them LOL

12/04/2019 02:06 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Liar!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 12/05/2019 04:00 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: fishkller

I've seen pictures of GaryFish, and I'd definitely say he fits the stats.. or squeezes into them LOL

I'm sure his constant rage does wonders for his circulatory system too. lol

I was right.
 12/05/2019 05:10 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: RustyTruck Obesity is unhealthy
Ever seen a fat person over the age of 75?
exactly why i take issue with whines about fat shaming. fat isnt beautiful or healthy. if being told the truth hurts, then change your reality
 12/05/2019 06:19 AM

RustyTruck

There's big/curvy and then there's clinically obesity. I support people who refuse to comply with an unrealistic standard of beauty, especially women since they have more pressure put on them.

12/05/2019 08:06 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: RustyTruck There's big/curvy and then there's clinically obesity. I support people who refuse to comply with an unrealistic standard of beauty, especially women since they have more pressure put on them.
the thing is, there is no such thing as 'healthy' overweight. sure there are genetic variances. also medical conditions. the vast majority of big/curvy women are at an unhealthy weight. they shouldnt be told it is fine. they should be given a swift kick in the ass and told they need to fix it before it kills them. you can be healthy and ugly. likewise you can overweight and pretty. society likes to fall into the trap of combining health with beauty
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .