Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The cost of libtard fake news
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/08/2020 05:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2020 05:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

CNN on Tuesday settled a defamation lawsuit filed by Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann over its botched coverage of a viral confrontation with a Native American elder that had portrayed the Kentucky teen as the aggressor.
Fox 19 first reported that CNN settled with Sandmann for an undisclosed amount. The $250 million defamation suit sought damages for the "emotional distress Nicholas and his family suffered" in the fallout of the network's reporting.
A lawyer for Sandmann declined to comment on the settlement but confirmed to Fox News that lawsuits against The Washington Post and NBC were ongoing. Fox 19 also reported that Sandmann attorney L. Lin Wood told the judge they planned to sue media company Gannett, the publisher of the Cincinnati Enquirer among other newspapers, within 60 days. Gannett did not immediately comment either.

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/08/2020 05:37 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I will gladly let a guy beat a drum in my face while black Hebrew Israelites shout racial slurs at me for what this kid is going to end up getting.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 01/08/2020 06:00 AM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Will be interesting to see if anyone gets it together to sue individuals on social media for posting libelous memes and what not. These things many of which are demonstrably false get shared ten of thousands of times resulting in millions of views. I think it would be great if the morons hitting share and forward started getting summons.
 01/08/2020 06:01 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It's a little hard to understand the cost if the cost is not known.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/08/2020 06:06 AM

Cole

Ahh, the poor Republican snowflake. lol

Defamation. What a joke.

I was right.
 01/08/2020 06:08 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Put one of your kids in the same situation and see what tune you sing! Hypocrite!!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/08/2020 06:12 AM

Cole

My kid isn't an asshole.

My kid has respect for the elderly.

My kid has respect for the Native American culture.

I was right.
 01/08/2020 06:22 AM

johnnyboy

My kid can be an asshole. Not in that way perhaps, but that's where I step in and set him straight about how WE treat people and how he was wrong, what is right and how it won't happen again. The same way my dad did for me.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/08/2020 06:56 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I see that you progs' still believe this false news after one of the propagators settled a libel suit. Hope that your kids are not as dumb as you.

I :heart; Q
 01/08/2020 07:12 AM

johnnyboy

Come now Tpap. Settling a lawsuit is hardly an admission. I wonder if you thought trump settling his trump university or charity means that he is a fraud?

01/08/2020 07:14 AM

Greensleeves

The geezer patrol are shouting for joy that some religious Kav wannabe kid gets some cash! spankit would push this loser out of the way if he tried to take his scooter at walmart!

and tspank whoa what an idiot! CNN settles so they must be guilty huh? What about twitler and Trump U and the twitler foundation settlement and the money to the prostitutes and....

oops sorry johnnyboy didn't see your post, but yes tspank is a kook

Edited: 01/08/2020 at 07:15 AM by Greensleeves
 01/08/2020 07:18 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

My kid isn't an asshole.

My kid has respect for the elderly.

My kid has respect for the Native American culture.

This. As Johnny noted, giving him a couple bucks to GTFO is pretty common as a business decision. A trial would just give that little douchebag more of what he wants, publicity.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/08/2020 07:30 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Come now Tpap. Settling a lawsuit is hardly an admission. I wonder if you thought trump settling his trump university or charity means that he is a fraud?
In this context it pretty much is an admission. Media fight these like hell when they are in the right.

I :heart; Q
 01/08/2020 07:44 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Come now Tpap. Settling a lawsuit is hardly an admission. I wonder if you thought trump settling his trump university or charity means that he is a fraud?

In this context it pretty much is an admission. Media fight these like hell when they are in the right.

Is Trump a fraud? Easy question.

I was right.
 01/08/2020 08:06 AM

johnnyboy

In this context, yes of course. Trump would have fought like hell and actually gone to trial if he was innocent. It's not like he didn't have the lawyers, the resources and the time. I mean, it's only his reputation at stake.

01/08/2020 08:25 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Still waiting for Faux Entertainment's (same as WWE) pubic apology to the public and Seth Rich family.
 01/08/2020 10:27 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Question to those of you who have referred to this 16 or 17-year-old kid as an "asshole", how do you think he could have handled the situation better?

If a young black man stood there and smiled while a guy beat a drum in his face, would you still say the young man was an asshole? If not, then can you explain why?

I would say that Sandman handled the situation better than most young guys, surrounded by a group of their friends, would have handled it.

If you disagree, then what should he have done differently? Apologized profusely for being white, something completely out of his control? Run away from the bus station and hid somewhere until he thought it was safe to return?

Or was it the hat? Is he an "asshole" simply because he was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat? Those kids don't know anything about politics. They aren't threatening your position on anything. They don't hold any influence over anyone.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 01/08/2020 10:33 AM

Greensleeves

"how do you think he could have handled the situation better?" not been there

Catholic high school dope (you can't tell me you didn't make fun of those losers when you were young) with a MAGA hat . $hit he needs to leave Kentucky before he gets hooked on oxy

Question to the litigious geezers - do you think he was "defamed"?

Edited: 01/08/2020 at 10:36 AM by Greensleeves
 01/08/2020 10:44 AM

johnnyboy

He was not defamed. The kid was very close to his personal space and sporting a grin that said bring it. He then claimed he was scared and flashed a nervous grin. He sought and received a spotlighted confrontation. I would tell him if he were my son to respect that man's age, keep at least ten feet away and make sure any choice you make you can explain to me and your mom as to why you did it. Then I ask him why he did it.

01/08/2020 10:56 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

So, now the Party of War and Patriotism has turn into the Party of Pooswahs, Cry Babies, and Commie Collaborators.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The cost of libtard fake news

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .