Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: People fleeing prog states
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2020 08:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2020 08:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Lot of press lately about the exodus of people from prog states. Can't blame them, but a good number of the refugees are coming to Florida. It has gotten noticably more crowded here in the last few years. With more people comes more pollution, etc. You progs need to encourage the country's shit hole states to start voting Republican if you want to save your way of life here.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 01/14/2020 08:16 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Lots of press. Sure.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/14/2020 08:33 AM

Cole

If Trump would help poor Puerto Rico. Those poor people are taking a beating.

Lots of press. I got a kick out of that one too. I wonder if Tfish remembers that he has started several of theses threads already?

I was right.

Edited: 01/14/2020 at 08:33 AM by Cole
 01/14/2020 08:40 AM

tpapablo

Yep, lots of press. About a story a day that I've seen since the latest census figures came out. But it is obvious that you guys aren't the sorts to keep up on current events. Hence my head's up. If you want to preserve what's left, best have a talking to your prog buddies in shit hole states.

01/14/2020 08:47 AM

johnnyboy

California has 20% of the population and is the fifth largest economy in the world. That sound bad to you?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/14/2020 09:26 AM

Cole

Um, Tfish, you do understand that a story repeated on several different sites is still the same story, don't you?

Nah, you don't. lol

I was right.
 01/14/2020 10:40 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

It's happening again. People who should know better are pointing to California's current budget surplus as proof that the state, the world's fifth largest economy, is in sound financial shape. That figure is also being used to support the claim that California's relatively high tax burden and onerous regulations are not too problematic, as CNBC's Robert Frank did on Squawk Box the morning after Tax Day.
The surplus figure cited by Frank and others has two problems: it's both misleading and paints an incomplete picture of the Golden State's finances. The truth is that there is no revenue surplus had by California state government. In fact, the state's long-run obligations far exceed projected revenue collections to the tune of $1 trillion in unfunded pension liabilities alone. When factoring in the cost of non-pension benefits for state workers, such as health care for retired government employees, the debt facing California taxpayers rises further.
"Combining California's debt with publicly held federal debt, we estimate a total debt-to-GDP ratio of 125% (or 153% using the broader definition of federal debt)," California Policy Center report released in 2017 points out. "This level places California distressingly close to peripheral Eurozone countries that faced financial crises in 2011 and 2012. Portugal's 2015 debt-to-GDP ratio was 129% and Italy's was 133%."
Bill Fletcher and Marc Joffe, authors of the California Policy Center report, breakdown how much of this debt each Californian is on the hook for and find a burden of "$33,000 per resident and $74,000 per taxpayer - excluding their share of federal debt." (Forbes)

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/14/2020 10:49 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy California has 20% of the population and is the fifth largest economy in the world. That sound bad to you?
People are fleeing from there, NY, NJ, IL and other shit hole states and are coming here. Do millions of more people spewing more pollution and consuming more resources sound bad to you? To answer your question, yes, California sounds bad to me. And it is bad for most of the people living there, which is why they want to leave.

01/14/2020 11:05 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

You guys complaint about CA like jilted lovers. Like we told you before, you just can't afford it, sorry. You'll have to stay here where it's cheap. Of course more people are pulling in every day, so if you want to get ahead of the game you could plan to relocate to a true conservative paradise like South Dakota or Alabama. You'll love it there.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/14/2020 11:14 AM

Greensleeves

tspank as clueless as it gets. They aren't "fleeing" because those states are $hitholes they are leaving because they are deadbeats, or tax evaders.

tspank, "Do millions of more people spewing more pollution and consuming more resources sound bad to you?" Answer: Yes, yet isn't that what tspank is bragging about? The movement of millions of people from richer states to poor states that have no means of or intentions to save their environment, educate their people, provide for additional resources (roads, commodes, child services, healthcare)?

Sounds like the blue states are doing pretty good yes?

01/14/2020 11:34 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Of the 10 states that show up most frequently at the bottom of the list since 2006, nine are solid blue states. Of the 10 states with consistently the best record, all but one are solidly red states.
There's another commonality between the best-run and worst-run states. Taxes.
As it turns out, states in the worst fiscal shape also tend to impose the highest tax rates in the nation. In fact, six of the 10 states that consistently show up as the least fiscally solvent rank in the Top 10 for highest taxes as a share of income, according to the Tax Foundation.
Of the 10 most fiscally sound states, all but one impose below-average tax burdens on their residents.(Investors business daily)

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/14/2020 11:51 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves tspank as clueless as it gets. They aren't "fleeing" because those states are $hitholes they are leaving because they are deadbeats, or tax evaders. tspank, "Do millions of more people spewing more pollution and consuming more resources sound bad to you?" Answer: Yes, yet isn't that what tspank is bragging about? The movement of millions of people from richer states to poor states that have no means of or intentions to save their environment, educate their people, provide for additional resources (roads, commodes, child services, healthcare)? Sounds like the blue states are doing pretty good yes?
No, they sound like miserable places. That's why people are fleeing, as opposed to flooding in. Best tell your fellow travelers in blue states to start voting GOP.

01/14/2020 11:58 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

Um, Tfish, you do understand that a story repeated on several different sites is still the same story, don't you?

Nah, you don't. lol

LOL
 01/14/2020 12:20 PM

Greensleeves

"Bottom of the list" what list?

spankit and tspank on their idiotic crusades trying to convince people that the below is bad:

Edited: 01/14/2020 at 12:20 PM by Greensleeves
 01/14/2020 12:45 PM

tpapablo

Not trying to convince anyone that it's a bad place. That's a given. People living there are leaving. I'm trying to convince people that they should tell anyone they know there to vote Republican so they will stop coming here and ruining the place.

01/14/2020 12:50 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

LOL

by "lots of press" he means the 10,000 other crybaby posts he's already tried to start on this topic.

Stick to telling us how Jeff Bezos is moving to Mims hahaha

When America was "great"
 01/14/2020 03:26 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

California holds approximately 12% of nations population, as estimated by the Census folks for 2019

Dora Hates You
 01/14/2020 04:41 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

La-hooozers flee failing states! And infest our beloved florida with their silly pigshit nonsense.
Anti environment, pootie loving chumpfdirts abandon their flailing swampy idiot villages for here.
Then act like they own the place.
Couldn't quite cut it on the west coast. Failure at home.
A jojah peeyug sets out in search of a waterfront paradise to build his empire.....with that trust money....
So: move to Mims, declare oneself emperor. Success!

It's a democratic hoax
 01/14/2020 05:02 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

"Stop coming here!"
Hey: I agree with emperor Porkpoleon on something!
And I also agree with my california brethren about this dweeb:
"hey kook: go home"
Btw: what do you get if you cross a pig with a pug?
Arf, arf! Oink oink!

It's a democratic hoax
 01/15/2020 04:16 AM

Cole

Cut taxes too low so you have to make up the loss in state income by cramming as many people in as possible to get their rising property taxes?

Yep, it's the Republican way.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : People fleeing prog states

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .