Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Craigslist
Topic Summary: Armslist
Created On: 01/16/2020 04:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/18/2020 06:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Hap- sorry you feel that way. Have all the shooters you've been around been tactical timmys? Maybe it was it your military experience or maybe some personal negative experience? Not really asking, just saying that that is your business and understand that your personal assessment.

If you ever get a chance to get around real shooters who approach the sport and tools like a golfer to his sport and gear, and not wannabe keyboard warriors, it is a whole different world and is a lot of fun with some really good people.... Believe it or not it is kind of like surfing, an yes like surfing there are a small number of kooks, too.

Sporting Clays, Trap, Skeet, Metallic Silhouette with both handgun (out to 200m!) and rifle, precision rifle (try shooting poker chips at 2-300 yards with a .22), action pistol stuff like USPSA, IDPA, SASS, Steel Challenge, Action Steel, blackpowder, F-Class precision rifle....all that stuff is a truckload of fun and requires a real skill set that needs to be honed by practice. The people who shoot these sports are not homogeneous, they come from every corner of society you can think of...men, women, and all income levels (it doesn't really take that much money to play) and they aren't all Trump supporters. Many think he is a dick.

When I lived out west I was a director at a club and a local news station wanted to do a shooting sport story because of some pending legislation. I was tasked with assembling a team and presenting what we do and what we really are. The local reporter was not a gun person at all and walked in with a pretty negative attitude. But she came in with an open mind and by the end of the afternoon she was having so much fun shooting steel plates and clays she was obviously disappointed when we had to wind things down. The story she put on the air was pretty neutral, but she did return and apologize and let us know her producers did not think she was going to enjoy it.

If you get the desire reach out to one of us on this thread and I bet something could be arranged that would let you see the good side of shooting. Just something to consider.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 01/18/2020 06:59 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

What bamboo said 100%. I'm not interested in competition, but shooting is a great stress relief for me because I can compete against myself. If i ever used a gun in anger would be the last day I could shoot for fun. Some guys are compensating, but most of us are having fun and challenging ourselves to focus, breath, squeeze...

Hit me up if you want to check it out.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/18/2020 09:13 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Hap- sorry you feel that way. Have all the shooters you've been around been tactical timmys? Maybe it was it your military experience or maybe some personal negative experience? Not really asking, just saying that that is your business and understand that your personal assessment.

If you ever get a chance to get around real shooters who approach the sport and tools like a golfer to his sport and gear, and not wannabe keyboard warriors, it is a whole different world and is a lot of fun with some really good people.... Believe it or not it is kind of like surfing, an yes like surfing there are a small number of kooks, too.

Sporting Clays, Trap, Skeet, Metallic Silhouette with both handgun (out to 200m!) and rifle, precision rifle (try shooting poker chips at 2-300 yards with a .22), action pistol stuff like USPSA, IDPA, SASS, Steel Challenge, Action Steel, blackpowder, F-Class precision rifle....all that stuff is a truckload of fun and requires a real skill set that needs to be honed by practice. The people who shoot these sports are not homogeneous, they come from every corner of society you can think of...men, women, and all income levels (it doesn't really take that much money to play) and they aren't all Trump supporters. Many think he is a dick.

When I lived out west I was a director at a club and a local news station wanted to do a shooting sport story because of some pending legislation. I was tasked with assembling a team and presenting what we do and what we really are. The local reporter was not a gun person at all and walked in with a pretty negative attitude. But she came in with an open mind and by the end of the afternoon she was having so much fun shooting steel plates and clays she was obviously disappointed when we had to wind things down. The story she put on the air was pretty neutral, but she did return and apologize and let us know her producers did not think she was going to enjoy it.

If you get the desire reach out to one of us on this thread and I bet something could be arranged that would let you see the good side of shooting. Just something to consider.

I've done it all and shot it all. I used to love skeet and trap. I was also in the military, and shot everything from an m-16 to a howitzer. Nobody ruined my views on them. I have no interest in them anymore. I just feel they are useless and we need to evolve away from them. The world would be better without them. But, sorry forgot to add, thanks for your consideration. I just have no need.

Edited: 01/18/2020 at 09:19 PM by HAPDigital
 01/18/2020 09:29 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: fishkller

LOL Mike rules..

Oh that is a great scene. Forgot about that one. At first I thought this was going to be some weird Walking Dead Breaking Bad mash up. Forgot that guy from TWD was in this scene of Better Call Saul. Glad I watched the clip lol
 01/19/2020 04:53 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Bamboo

...and don't forget his QUIVER of .45's and that CRATE of ammo!

Bumboo IS one of one of those 'small number' of kooks!

FACT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 01/19/2020 05:22 AM

HAPDigital

I feel safer with people like Bamboo having guns than maniacs like FK.
 01/19/2020 07:29 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Fair enough, thanks.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 01/19/2020 10:51 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

I feel safer with people like Bamboo having guns than maniacs like FK.

Because he's a commie just like you!

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/19/2020 11:55 AM

HAPDigital

Anyone with common sense seems like a commie to you.
 01/19/2020 03:42 PM

Fish Killer

Anyone with common sense seems like a commie to you.

Well your absolute lie that Bumboo OR you have common sense......

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Pathological liar!

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/19/2020 07:20 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I never waived my dick around and never would wave a gun. It's an enjoyable hobby and getting accurate has been a slow, enjoyable process. Guns are like surfboards. Some work for others and don't work for you and some are just magic. My masculinity is not tied to it and I don't dress the part or cover my car with stickers or wear shirts/ hats with gun logos. It's not an identity for me and it's not who I am. It's like surfing. It's something I do. Hap, I think we just disagree on this one and that happens.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/20/2020 02:55 AM

Fish Killer

CRAPDigital waves his dick around....DAILY!

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/20/2020 05:16 AM

HAPDigital

FK is Jealous
 01/20/2020 05:46 AM

Cole

My son and I worked for and hour or two at sighting in a new scope for the .308 at the range the other day. He wanted it to blow up watermelons from distance, which is basically the same thing I did as a kid, so we are just continuing the family tradition. Personally, I like plinking with the 22; it's cheaper, hurts less, yet still requires some skill.

I was right.
 01/20/2020 10:31 AM

Fish Killer

FK is Jealous

Nobody is jealous of your 2 inches.

Everyone's seen it on this forum.

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/20/2020 at 10:33 AM by Fish Killer
 01/20/2020 01:04 PM

HAPDigital

FK is obsessed with my penis. Go figure...

Edited: 01/20/2020 at 01:05 PM by HAPDigital
 01/20/2020 02:26 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

My son and I worked for and hour or two at sighting in a new scope for the .308 at the range the other day. He wanted it to blow up watermelons from distance, which is basically the same thing I did as a kid, so we are just continuing the family tradition. Personally, I like plinking with the 22; it's cheaper, hurts less, yet still requires some skill.

If you haven't been, check out an Appleseed event.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/21/2020 04:06 AM

Fish Killer

FK is obsessed with my penis. Go figure...

Nobody is obsessed with your 2 inch dick....

except you!

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/21/2020 04:21 AM

HAPDigital

He can't stop posting his fantasies. I bet he does it again. OCD go go go!
 01/21/2020 05:39 AM

johnnyboy

I have him on ignore but o knew this thread would draw him out. It doesn't take much to guess at his predictable stupidity.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Craigslist

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .