Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: As we blindly follow Trump and his fellow Republicans..
Topic Summary: ...into the fire.
Created On: 02/07/2020 04:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/07/2020 04:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Antarctica: 65 degrees.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...erature-ever-recorded/

-------------------------
I was right.
 02/11/2020 04:02 AM

Cole

89 degrees in Central Florida on Thursday.

Almost 90 degrees on February 13th; the middle of winter.

I was right.
 02/11/2020 06:55 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Have some bad news for you, Cole. If we magically implemented every stupid aspect of the new green deal today, it wouldn't change a damn thing so far as the climate trajectory. It would kill our economy, of course, but that's what you think you want (you won't want it when you experience the reality of it).

I :heart; Q
 02/11/2020 06:57 AM

johnnyboy

And there it is. Cynicism and impotence. A potent poison for the boomer.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/11/2020 07:40 AM

tpapablo

Truth telling. I realize that progs' don't like to hear the truth, but most people aren't progs' and want to know what's going on. But, Johnnyboy, tell these fine folks what implementing the new green deal in it's economy wrecking entirety would mean for projected temperature increases. Here's your opportunity to show me for a liar.

02/11/2020 08:10 AM

tpapablo

Don't be shy, JB. Prove to the world that I'm a cynical, old boomer who is spreading lies. What would the NGD mean for temperatures? Tell them, JB.

02/11/2020 08:13 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

http://climate.nasa.gov/faq/16...event-climate-change/

... it may not be too late to avoid or limit some of the worst effects of climate change. Responding to climate change will involve a two-tier approach: 1) "mitigation" - reducing the flow of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere; and 2) "adaptation" - learning to live with, and adapt to, the climate change that has already been set in motion. The key question is: what will our emissions of carbon dioxide and other pollutants be in the years to come? Recycling and driving more fuel-efficient cars are examples of important behavioral change that will help, but they will not be enough. Because climate change is a truly global, complex problem with economic, social, political and moral ramifications, the solution will require both a globally-coordinated response (such as international policies and agreements between countries, a push to cleaner forms of energy) and local efforts on the city- and regional-level (for example, public transport upgrades, energy efficiency improvements, sustainable city planning, etc.). It's up to us what happens next.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/11/2020 08:30 AM

tpapablo

Ah, these progs will never disclose the truth. So I will. If we implemented the NGD, scientists estimate that it would reduce temperatures by a grand .14 degrees by 2100. And to lol off that whopping .14 degrees, it's going to cost YOU trillions. Don't like your electric bill now. It will triple. And odds are you'll have less to pay it, because the economy will tank. Economists have estimated that the NGD will cost the economy a million jobs and a $2.5 trillion loss to the GDP. Good trade off, hun.?

02/11/2020 08:48 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

And there it is. Cynicism and impotence. A potent poison for the boomer.

I'm just curious if those of you promoting this agist bullshit, instead of respecting your elders as the Chinese, Indian, and Native American cultures put an emphasis on, realize that you are probably closer than you think to being part of the age group you are telling people they don't need to listen to.

When you reach the age the "boomers" are now, are you going to smile and wave when a young person yells "SHUT THE FUCK UP, OLD MAN!" when you voice your opinion on a subject because this is the culture you are promoting. Are you going to smile and wave or are you going to try to convince them that you aren't really the age you appear? You are different. You are lit as f. LOL Yeah, good luck with that. Kids love nothing more than an old man trying to convince them he is still with it. That always goes over well.

You might be having fun with this right now but if you are lucky enough to live to retirement then it looks like there is a good chance this comes back to bite you in the ass at some point.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/11/2020 08:49 AM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

he's a con man. he speaks, people believe him. when they catch him in a lie, they don't care.

Christians support this guy.

My question is,

Why?
 02/11/2020 09:05 AM

johnnyboy

whose point are you making here, snippy?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/11/2020 09:26 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I'm making my point for your future self. Treat people as you would like to be treated because, if we are lucky, one day we will be in the shoes of the "boomers".

I don't want to see a culture of disrespectful twats using age as a way to discredit someone's opinion or ideas, regardless of what their politics are.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/11/2020 10:04 AM

Greensleeves

tspank: "And to lol off that whopping .14 degrees, it's going to cost YOU trillions." greedy SOB going to let people die for a buck

sniper: "I don't want to see a culture of disrespectful twats using age as a way to discredit someone's opinion or ideas, regardless of what their politics are." politics is one thing but abrasive stupidity when it comes to climate change denying deserves no respect, it's ignorance and it is dangerous

Edited: 02/11/2020 at 10:05 AM by Greensleeves
 02/11/2020 10:15 AM

RustyTruck

We spend trillions on "defense" which is mostly waste. GND would rebuild our infrastructure, create millions of jobs, and require global cooperation.

Endless war? Take my money!

Save the planet for human habitation? Too expensive!

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/...gency-thats-expensive/

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

02/11/2020 11:03 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: Sniper

I'm making my point for your future self. Treat people as you would like to be treated because, if we are lucky, one day we will be in the shoes of the "boomers".

I don't want to see a culture of disrespectful twats using age as a way to discredit someone's opinion or ideas, regardless of what their politics are.

Yet here you are supporting trump, an all round classless asshole sexual predator. The guy you worship IS the #1 most disrespectful twat, LMFAO...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/11/2020 11:10 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Christians support this guy.

My question is,

Why?

One issue voters, abortion.
 02/11/2020 11:15 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck We spend trillions on "defense" which is mostly waste. GND would rebuild our infrastructure, create millions of jobs, and require global cooperation. Endless war? Take my money! Save the planet for human habitation? Too expensive! http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/...gency-thats-expensive/
Spending trillions for nothing gained is what progs' are proposing. And guess who will pay those trillions. The progs' are thinking that it will be someone other than them. As usual, they are wrong. The rich will find a loophole. Always have and always will. Can the rest of you afford tens of thousands of dollars on accountants and attorneys?

02/11/2020 11:16 AM

johnnyboy

You walked right into that one snippy. The outrage and pearl clutching look away at agism is also in stark contrast to the boomer in chief, whose actions you have defended, minimized and denied on every occasion.

02/11/2020 11:30 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Don't be shy, JB. Prove to the world that I'm a cynical, old boomer who is spreading lies. What would the NGD mean for temperatures? Tell them, JB.

Well I'll be darned: a brief glimmer of actual self awareness from his imperial porkyness?.........naahhhh.
And it's pretty funny to hear protest from the likes of these people (and pigs) that they're being pre judged about their views on climate change and global warming.
Bullshit.
You blindly support the worst ecocriminals in us history.
Rick Scott's doing a swine job. Chumpf is actually a true environmentalist. etc.
New green deal is of course silly nonsense.
But there are a great number of positive constructive actions to be taken by those of us who can actually get past the repiglican noise.
You know: actual watermen. And ladies
"woke"....lol

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 02/11/2020 at 11:35 AM by nukeh2o
 02/11/2020 11:36 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

We spend trillions on "defense" which is mostly waste. GND would rebuild our infrastructure, create millions of jobs, and require global cooperation.

Endless war? Take my money!

Save the planet for human habitation? Too expensive!

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/...gency-thats-expensive/

Spending trillions for nothing gained is what progs' are proposing. And guess who will pay those trillions. The progs' are thinking that it will be someone other than them. As usual, they are wrong. The rich will find a loophole. Always have and always will. Can the rest of you afford tens of thousands of dollars on accountants and attorneys?

We're going to get that bread. No rules after trump.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .