Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Roger Stone may not need that Pardon....
Topic Summary: If he never goes to jail.
Created On: 02/12/2020 08:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/17/2020 04:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Over a thousand former DOJ employees demand Barr's resignation today.

They are majority Republicans.
 02/17/2020 04:57 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Barr's statement that trump, whom he never spoke to about the stone sentencing, wasn't telling trump to stay out of DOJ affairs, he was telling him that he already put the fox in and so trump should shut up not draw attention. Barr makes trump the dictator. Remember everyone else used to ignore his tirade orders or quit? Not Barr.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/17/2020 05:12 AM

Cole

The Republican party is guilty of Trump's authoritarian ascent too. The fact that they refuse any and all election protection legislation is mind bending.

I was right.

Edited: 02/17/2020 at 05:12 AM by Cole
 02/17/2020 06:00 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Two problems with this scenario:

1. DOJ Inspector General

2. The judge

Judge just denied new trial.
 02/20/2020 10:01 AM

HAPDigital

He was just sentenced 40 months LOL
 02/20/2020 10:05 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

I smell a pardon comming!

That shit show should have been fixed/new trial.

FACT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 02/20/2020 10:09 AM

HAPDigital

Pardons do not expunge one's record. They are still criminals. A pardon also means they accept that they are guilty of the crime and they will still be under probation afterward. I like a pardon though, it confirms they are a criminal. However, these sleaze bags deserve to do hard time like anyone else would.
 02/20/2020 10:19 AM

HAPDigital

Lock Him Up!!

02/20/2020 12:54 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: HAPDigital Pardons do not expunge one's record. They are still criminals. A pardon also means they accept that they are guilty of the crime and they will still be under probation afterward. I like a pardon though, it confirms they are a criminal. However, these sleaze bags deserve to do hard time like anyone else would.
Looks like our resident legal genius overlooked Ex Parte Garland, in which the Supreme Court said the opposite. Looking up the law on Wikipedia is not a good idea.

I :heart; Q
 02/20/2020 01:24 PM

HAPDigital

Tpap just winging it again. The Supreme court has ruled various times since that a pardon is an acceptance of guilt.

Burdick v. United States, 236 U.S. 79 (1915), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that: A pardoned person must introduce the pardon into court proceedings, otherwise the pardon must be disregarded by the court. To do this, the pardoned person must accept the pardon.
 02/20/2020 02:07 PM

Fish Killer

In a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court ruled that the law was a bill of attainder and an ex post facto law. The court also ruled that the president can exercise the pardon power at any time after the commission of the crime, and that Garland was beyond the reach of punishment of any kind because of his prior presidential pardon.[1]
The court also stated that counselors are officers of the court, not officers of the United States, and that their removal was an exercise of judicial power, not legislative power. The law was struck down as unconstitutional, which opened the way for former Confederate government officials to return to positions in the federal judiciary.

^These are PROVED facts.
 02/20/2020 03:36 PM

HAPDigital

From the DOJ:

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequently-asked-questions

Does a presidential pardon expunge or erase the conviction for which the pardon was granted?
No. Expungement is a judicial remedy that is rarely granted by the court and cannot be granted within the Department of Justice or by the President. Please also be aware that if you were to be granted a presidential pardon, the pardoned offense would not be removed from your criminal record. Instead, both the federal conviction as well as the pardon would both appear on your record. However, a pardon will facilitate removal of legal disabilities imposed because of the conviction, and should lessen to some extent the stigma arising from the conviction. In addition, a pardon may be helpful in obtaining licenses, bonding, or employment. If you are seeking expungement of a federal offense, please contact the court of conviction. If you are seeking expungement of a state conviction, which the Office of the Pardon Attorney also does not have authority to handle, states have different procedures for "expunging" a conviction or "clearing" the record of a criminal conviction. To pursue relief of a state conviction, you should contact the Governor or state Attorney General in the state in which you were convicted for assistance.

Take my advice fishpap. Quit being morons and stop spreading your false BS on this site.

02/20/2020 03:59 PM

Fish Killer

Where exactly was I disagreeing with you?

I clearly stated that a pardon was probably coming.

What I also posted referred to a case where a pardon was REFUSED!

Do you know how to READ?!?!

Fucking MORON!

^These are PROVED facts.
 02/20/2020 04:35 PM

HAPDigital

02/20/2020 05:41 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

..and another one goes down. And rightly so.

"He was not prosecuted for standing up for the president," she said. "He was prosecuted for covering up for the president."

She laced into the defense offered by Stone's attorneys in response to his conviction on charges that he lied to congressional investigators and attempted to block the testimony of a witness, which she said amounted to: "'So what?'"

"Of all the circumstances in this case, that may be the most pernicious," Jackson said, in comments that quickly traveled far beyond the E Barrett Prettyman courthouse in Washington. "The truth still exists, the truth still matters."

"Roger Stone's insistence that it doesn't ... his belligerence, his pride in his own lies, are a threat to our most fundamental institutions, to the very foundation of our democracy," she said emphatically.

"There was nothing unfair, phony, or disgraceful about the investigation or the prosecution," she said

Edited: 02/20/2020 at 06:19 PM by fishkller
 02/21/2020 04:26 AM

Cole

Three years of prison for an old rich man that's used to getting his way?

I'm good with that.

The political damage when Trump gives him a pardon?

I'm good with that too.

I was right.
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .