Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Stocks open and head to the shitter, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/27/2020 06:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/28/2020 07:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Trump's main focus will be to deflect any blame for the situation.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 02/28/2020 09:08 AM

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

Contrarian Investing - -
- - the time to buy is when there's blood in the streets.

Not yet - -
- - but soon, and I'm ready.

Who is Keyser Soze?

02/28/2020 03:46 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Funny note, , , , ,: somebody somewhere asked what the Federal Reserve was going to do, , , , the answer was that the Fed does not make vaccines, , , , LOL. LOL. LOL

Dora Hates You
 02/28/2020 04:38 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

Originally posted by: dingpatch

>>>. "World share markets crashed again, compounding their worst week since the 2008 global financial crisis and bringing the global wipeout to $5 trillion." <<<

That means THEY will let a Dem win to, again, fix another GOP fuggup

^^ That is a Dingbat conspiracy theory that may actually have something to it..

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 02/29/2020 04:05 AM

dingpatch

Ummmm, , , , , ahhhhh, , , , perhaps you had a flare-up of TDS but, my post was simply a clip from a mainstream financial site. Has nothing to do with Dems or Reps, , , ,. How and or what about the clip could have anything to do with a "conspiracy theory"??

I'm not sure what slimy was chiming in about, , , , ,

Dora Hates You
 02/29/2020 05:36 AM

dingpatch

Stock markets are headed for a 40 percent plunge, says economist who predicted financial crisis
Summer Meza
The WeekFebruary 28, 2020, 5:09 PM EST

The end of a very rough week for U.S. markets brought a worrying prediction.

While one expert warned fallout from the global coronavirus outbreak could be "worse than the financial crisis" of 2008, the economist who correctly predicted that very crisis is now saying the idea of a major global recession "doesn't sound too farfetched."

Nouriel Roubini, a New York University business professor and market prognosticator who foretold the housing bubble burst, told Yahoo Finance on Friday to expect "severe" consequences as the coronavirus continues to rattle markets. How severe? He told Der Spiegel it could be worse than investors even believe at this point, predicting "global equities to tank by 30 to 40 percent this year."

He said people "prefer to believe in miracles," (not necessarily referencing President Trump's prediction the coronavirus will "disappear ... like a miracle,") and don't realize the "simple math" tells us that realistically, a squeezed Chinese economy will mean downturns around the globe. "This crisis will spill over and result in a disaster," said Roubini.

Roubini, who is often nicknamed Dr. Doom for his frequent pessimistic predictions, also saw doom and gloom for Trump's future as president as a result of any economic strife. Asked by Der Spiegel, Roubini said Trump would likely try to benefit politically from the outbreak, but "will lose the election, that's for sure." Pointing to past incumbent presidents getting ousted amid geopolitical tensions that damaged the economy, he said "The Democratic field is poor, but Trump is dead. Quote me on that!"

Dora Hates You
 02/29/2020 07:10 AM

scombrid

The people that orchestrated over-inflating stock prices have been waiting for the right shock to cash in. They did it in 2008. They are doing it again.

02/29/2020 07:16 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches That means THEY will let a Dem win to, again, fix another GOP fuggup.
It isn't a GOP fuggup for them. It is exactly what they wanted. Trump gave them cover for a lot of dirty shit that is really the work of Senate leader McConnel, House Speaker Ryan, and all of Trump's wonderful appointments to the executive agencies.

02/29/2020 07:31 AM

fishkller

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Ummmm, , , , , ahhhhh, , , , perhaps you had a flare-up of TDS but, my post was simply a clip from a mainstream financial site. Has nothing to do with Dems or Reps, , , ,. How and or what about the clip could have anything to do with a "conspiracy theory"??

I'm not sure what slimy was chiming in about, , , , ,

Oh my bad, I thought I saw you make an accurate comment for once.. turns out it was Slimy's.

You can disregard and go back to your obvious Trump dotard cheerleading now LOL

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 02/29/2020 07:45 AM

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

Who is Keyser Soze?

Edited: 02/29/2020 at 09:35 AM by KeyserSoze
 02/29/2020 09:24 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

There was no reason for the markets to be in record territory. Average growth, average jobs, rising corporate debt, hell, the only thing that was a real positive was consumer spending and that has shown signs of slowing.

I was right.
 03/02/2020 01:04 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Coleslaw and company...full of shit as usual!

Dow UP 1294.30

Fucking MORONS!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 03/02/2020 01:32 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Yepper: geezer snooze and rotten fish marinara girl weigh in.
Market issues? What percentage of us pharmaceuticals come from China, geezer/goober dorks?
Gonna be lotsa folks in need of some prescription medicines soon.
What happens when the already interrupted supply of them runs short, magats?
Cut interest rates? Impose more tariffs? Blame the dems?
Laughably stupid "genius"!

It's a democratic hoax
 03/02/2020 01:37 PM

fishkller

The bottom line is the market broke support like a lead balloon. Of course it will bounce a bit after a drop like that.. nothing unexpected.. and it can still drop alot more.

So before you start Fish Fappin over a one day correction- lets see where we are in 30 days ..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 03/02/2020 01:45 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

No to a rate cut, it is not a good idea but they will do it to calm the market. This will happen in an emergency session before March...Today??? Dead Cat Bounce (the biggest ever seen) or just a bunch of bots and eager small fish jumping back in too early? Not sure, but I would check the Nikkei in the AM, If it plunges (which I think it will) we are in for a ride DOWN tomorrow...Only silver lining is that sweet 2.75% / 15 year rate for Mortgages, great time to pick up some rentals. I couldn't even reach my mortgage broker for a few hours and his VM was full! Busy time for Refi and home sales. All the above of course is just an arm chair quarterback guess.
 03/02/2020 02:28 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The news is even worse about the Kung Flu and yet we had the largest one day point gain ever? If we make gains several days running, can it even be explained?

Seriously, what is really going on?

I was right.

Edited: 03/02/2020 at 02:33 PM by Cole
 03/02/2020 02:46 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Biden won SC nomination, Dead Cat Bounce and bots that sold high last week before the implosion buying back in to AGAIN sell in a day(s), it is too hard to figure out...Everyone says it "Don't catch a falling knife" (phrase that has been said but is anyone listening?) I am not a pro, far from it... chk the Nikkei each morning for signs..best to wait it out and see where things are at the end of the week? or chance the unexplained gains?... If you are young, Up your 401K contribution to the max in the near future (buy low and hold for 5-10 years), It takes a week or two for the request to actually go into effect....if you are older...good luck wish you well on what ever happens. No expert here just spit balling against the Wall (street).

Edited: 03/02/2020 at 02:51 PM by SurferMic
 03/02/2020 04:25 PM

fishkller

It's so funny when the stock market drops something like 10% then on the 4th day bounces back up about 3% and everybody cheers like a net 7% drop is a good thing.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 03/03/2020 01:43 PM

fishkller

So much for Fishy's big bounce..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 03/03/2020 03:28 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

"It's great that the Federal Reserve recognizes that there's going to be weakness, but it makes me feel, wow, the weakness must be much more than I thought. I'm now nervous. I'm more nervous than I was before," CNBC's Jim Cramer said.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Stocks open and head to the shitter, , , ,

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .