Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dow
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/26/2020 06:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/26/2020 11:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck You own one of those Petri dishes anchored off Port Canaveral? Looks like bidness is booming.
To invest well, you need to look to the future. That is impossible to get right anywhere near 100 % of time. But if you get enough right, you can do alright. I'd say the jury is still out with Carnival, but so far, so good.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 03/26/2020 11:21 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: RiddleMe imagine that, a global pandemic from a deadly virus causes markets to crash, unemployment to sky rocket, and the world economy to come to a grinding halt. like serious, imagine that! nobody expected that to happen. everyone expected business as usual. some of you people, seriously lol
Imagine ignoring the NSC's pandemic reaction plan and saying the numbers are lower than they are and saying everything is OK. Imagine ignoring science and contradicting what doctors say live on national TV. These are the things that tank economies...
dude, the economy was going to tank because of this regardless. you seem to be a fairly smart guy, so i know you know that. closing doors, shuttering businesses, stopping travel, cancelling events, etc is happening everywhere in the world due to a pandemic. there is literally no way to stop the economy from tanking in these circumstances
 03/26/2020 11:29 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Arguing with tPutinSchmear is like jamming a stick in your eye twice. It smarts but not very smart.
 03/26/2020 11:47 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Talked to a guy I know who ives in Manhattan and works in a hospital there. Typically a "we can handle anything" type dude. He is afraid, and what he describes is worse than anything I've read. I'm going to wait a while before I buy back into the market.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 03/26/2020 12:14 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

imagine that, a global pandemic from a deadly virus causes markets to crash, unemployment to sky rocket, and the world economy to come to a grinding halt. like serious, imagine that! nobody expected that to happen. everyone expected business as usual. some of you people, seriously lol

Imagine ignoring the NSC's pandemic reaction plan and saying the numbers are lower than they are and saying everything is OK. Imagine ignoring science and contradicting what doctors say live on national TV. These are the things that tank economies...

dude, the economy was going to tank because of this regardless. you seem to be a fairly smart guy, so i know you know that. closing doors, shuttering businesses, stopping travel, cancelling events, etc is happening everywhere in the world due to a pandemic. there is literally no way to stop the economy from tanking in these circumstances

Sure, but there is and was a way to prevent it from being so abrupt and or extreme, with solid leadership, reaction time, preparedness, transparency, and confidence. Trump has offered none of these besides false and unrealistic confidence at returning to normal in a few weeks. The GOP is also requesting people sacrifice their lives for the economy. It's like pouring more fuel into a fire and expecting that you will put the fire out sooner.

Edited: 03/26/2020 at 12:15 PM by HAPDigital
 03/26/2020 12:19 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: all3 Talked to a guy I know who ives in Manhattan and works in a hospital there. Typically a "we can handle anything" type dude. He is afraid, and what he describes is worse than anything I've read. I'm going to wait a while before I buy back into the market.
I don't doubt that. Prog run states are going to be like that. I feel for them. But they need to change their voting habits. But to your point, it may be a little early to get in. I wouldn't go in big at this point because I think we have more pain coming. But I'll buy on a case by case basis.

03/26/2020 12:29 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Who's running Louisiana? Pretty bad down there on the bayou.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/26/2020 12:32 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

prog run states, the vast majority of our nation's economy, supporting the trump strongholds such as Alabama

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 03/26/2020 12:33 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Learning basic economics and finance would help you become a better citizen. Delta, for example, has 90,000 employees and about a thousand planes. It must continue paying those employees and the payments on the debt for those planes, while getting essentially no income. Few companies can last long under such circumstances. Seriously, you should educate yourself. That was a really dumb question.

worker bees like these dont understand business, show up, get check, bitch about everything repeat
 03/26/2020 12:34 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Who's running Louisiana? Pretty bad down there on the bayou.
If it's bad, a prog runs it. So, yes, they have a prog governor and New Orleans has a prog mayor. Poor devil's. They had no chance.

03/26/2020 12:42 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Well it's probably because of Mardi Gras happening when the idiot in chief was still calling it a hoax.
 03/26/2020 12:46 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Who's running Louisiana? Pretty bad down there on the bayou.

If it's bad, a prog runs it. So, yes, they have a prog governor and New Orleans has a prog mayor. Poor devil's. They had no chance.

Oh that's right, they did toss out that slimy pug Jindl. I was thinking of that other pug turd pile Kennedy; but he's just their Senator.

Well, Mardi Gras did them in after all.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/27/2020 08:01 AM

Cole

Feel free to point out to these fine folks where I gave "Trump a blowie over $ 2 trillion." WARNING: Don't hold your breath on him getting that posted, folks. Cole is lying once again and will mysteriously disappear into his bunker.

Wow, you actually answered! Normally, you would have run off by now.

Your instant defense of the bailout shouted your approval loud and clear. I'll ask again, you attacked Obama relentlessly over spending, yet you have said nothing about Trump doing the same, but on a much larger scale...why?

I was right.
 03/27/2020 08:12 AM

tpapablo

Because I haven't been able to look at it carefully yet. I study things and then form opinions. Though that is not the prog way, it is mine. You'll just have to wait.

03/27/2020 08:13 AM

HAPDigital

Because I haven't been able to look at it carefully yet. I study things and then form opinions. Though that is not the prog way, it is mine. You'll just have to wait.

I've studied the bill. It sucks, especially for small businesses. Luckily it keeps Trump family from getting benefits.
 03/27/2020 08:18 AM

Cole

What's to see? $6 trillion to keep a bubble inflated is as obvious as it gets.

What was your opinion on the bailing our of GM and Chrysler?

I was right.
 03/27/2020 08:47 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Obama!

And they paid the money back (Auto Industry).

Genius...and a real LEADER.
 03/27/2020 08:48 AM

HAPDigital

So much for that big jump....

Market Summary > Dow Jones Industrial Average
INDEXDJX: .DJI
21,699.96 -852.21 (3.78%)
Mar 27, 11:47 AM EDT · Disclaimer

Edited: 03/27/2020 at 08:49 AM by HAPDigital
 03/27/2020 08:52 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Oh, we're sure the world, and this forum await your imperious porky proclamation with bated breath, sow sire.
weeeeeee........!!!!

It's a democratic hoax
 03/27/2020 09:02 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: HAPDigital So much for that big jump.... Market Summary > Dow Jones Industrial Average INDEXDJX: .DJI 21,699.96 -852.21 (3.78%) Mar 27, 11:47 AM EDT · Disclaimer
Stocks go up and they go down. Been the case since the start and will do that to the end. I've taken a hit, But I've taken advantage of the situation and bought low. We'll see how that works out in a few years. What it does in the next six months is irrelevant to me, unless we get a sharp drop (which I am expecting) in which case I'll be buying.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Dow

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .