Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can we talk about these crazy daily updates?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/30/2020 06:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/30/2020 06:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Courtesy of Jim Wright:

If you're not watching Trump's nightly Coronavirus shitfest, he's the summary:

He started out by accusing nurses of hoarding or stealing face masks.

Trump: "There is something going on. I don't know if it is hoarding. It is maybe worse than hoarding ... for years, 10 to 20,000 masks. Okay. It's a New York City hospital. It's packed all the time. How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000? 10 to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 ... even though this is different. Something is going on. And you ought to look into it as reporters. Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? Uh, and we have that in a lot of different places. So ... somebody should probably look into that, 'cause I just don't see from a practical standpoint how that's possible to go from that to that, and we have that happening in numerous places..."

He then accused hospitals of "hoarding" ventilators.

He does this several times throughout the briefing, Suggesting New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and medical personnel, specifically nurses, are conspiring to overinflate the number of ventilators and masks needed.

Again, he does this more than once.

Trump then admits there actually ARE shortages, but blames Obama. Saying that it's like how the military was out of bullets when he took over. None of this has any basis in reality whatsoever, but the toadies in the background are all nodding like this is fact.

This is beyond gaslighting.

This is a radioactive gas cloud.

This is like watching the Soviet government press briefings about Chernobyl, when the reactor was still burning and the Russians didn't realize we could actually SEE it from orbit and that radiation meters were sounding the alarm over half the planet.

Trump then talks about immigrants and how keeping them out of America probably prevented us from getting the plague and everybody behind him has this carefully practiced expressionless Soviet face on, and then bizarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.

Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."

The man who always speaks bluntly, is suddenly talking in metaphor and parable.

A QANN "reporter" asks Trump why his approval ratings are so high, is it because he's so awesome? Trump admits that he is.

Someone else asks about Americans facing eviction on April 1st. Trump says "I think landlords will take it easy."

Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."

It takes a minute to figure out that when Trump says "generators" he probably means "ventilators." He does this repeatedly.

A reporter asks why Florida has 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled, but Massachusetts has not? Instead of answering, Trump says: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors and they were happy with the job we are doing."

The governors, who he noted the day before, he refuses to call. He was on the phone with them. They're happy he says, despite the fact that he was just this morning talking about how they're not happy and they should be.

Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.

The tests in question were developed by the CDC, WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. Literally since the beginning of THIS year. Obama has been out of office for nearly 4 years now.

Then, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."

I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess. You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.

A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"

The reporter was LITERALLY quoting Trump's own statement.

Literally quoting Trump.

Trump called those words a lie. I mean, he's not wrong, but still...

As proof of this, Trump starts bragging about how his press briefings are getting better ratings than The Bachelor and Monday Night Football.

"The enemy is death," declares Trump.

And we're done. Thanks for coming everybody. Hope to see you all tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Reality TV President!"

-------------------------
GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/30/2020 06:40 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Thanks for posting Page. Twitler is an ignorant a-hole of the first order.
 03/30/2020 06:58 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Do you have a link for this?
 03/30/2020 07:08 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

The ratings bit was insane. He is truly off his rocker.

You can watch the madness right here:

I queued it up where he starts talking about his ratings. What a fucking nut.

If you watch this shit, and think to yourself this is a good president, you are off your rocker as well.

Here he is accusing medical professionals of hoarding gear or "something worse". Absolutely no proof, no evidence, just a whim as usual with this fuck nut.

Edited: 03/30/2020 at 07:13 AM by HAPDigital
 03/30/2020 07:12 AM

Pagerow

Originally posted by: Plan B

What I posted above was an opinion piece, however, I saw this particular brief, and it was just about as he described.

Here is an article that talks about one of his tirades:

Trump Increases Hostility Toward Reporters Questioning His Handling Of Coronavirus Crisis

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/30/2020 07:13 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Pagerow

Originally posted by: Plan B

What I posted above was an opinion piece, however, I saw this particular brief, and it was just about as he described.

Here is an article that talks about one of his tirades:

Trump Increases Hostility Toward Reporters Questioning His Handling Of Coronavirus Crisis

It's all in there, not much opinion to it at all. I can go through the video of the update and pretty much assign a clip from the event to each of the lines in your post.

Edited: 03/30/2020 at 07:14 AM by HAPDigital
 03/30/2020 07:33 AM

Pagerow

Thanks, HAP!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/30/2020 07:51 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Pagerow

Thanks, HAP!

No prob. Just an FYI for anyone interested, if you ever want to check the validity of a story that critiques a Trump address/video, you can get the transcript in youtube on the bottom right, 3 dots going horizontal. You can then do a 'control F' to search the text. It's a good way to see if people are making false claims, paraphrasing improperly etc.
 03/30/2020 08:15 AM

Pagerow

Here's our most "presidential" PGiC berating a journalist because she read his quote to him

Trump berated a journalist for quoting him

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/30/2020 08:27 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

TFap either hiding in his haystack or trying to come up with a false bravado angle to defend this LOL

Also where's FK to scream "LIAR!" at us?

Cheater is still sleeping it off.. he will come in later to post this:

dkdkYfX(#bj$kl bbbksdk#/4 xmdjd+# &bdj k@nklllbnk

03/30/2020 08:29 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: fishkller

TFap either hiding in his haystack or trying to come up with a false bravado angle to defend this LOL

Also where's FK to scream "LIAR!" at us?

Cheater is still sleeping it off.. he will come in later to post this:

dkdkYfX(#bj$kl bbbksdk#/4 xmdjd+# &bdj k@nklllbnk

Deep down they know they fucked up voting for this shithead. They'll force themselves to vote for him again, just for a self affirmation that they weren't wrong. Imagine being that insecure.
 03/30/2020 08:51 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The Cheeto is a moron, idiot, dope, etc.

^^^^^ This is the issue. He ain't all that bright. He has purged the adults and now has suck ups and family surround him. Dr. Fauchi and Dr. Brix have their hands full dealing with his stupid statements when they have real issues to attend. Aspirational dates....really? Sounded more like Alternate Facts to me.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/30/2020 08:56 AM

HAPDigital

'Idiot,' 'Dope,' 'Moron': The most accurate description of Trump
 03/30/2020 10:32 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Sure you can talk about them. Free country and all of that. Apparently the ratings are great and Trump's making a good impression on people. The press mob? Not so much. Due to this, the people who don't pay too much attention to the daily machinations of Washington are getting a useful education on how bad these louts are.

I :heart; Q
 03/30/2020 12:32 PM

6ScoopsMcGruntington

Joined Forum: 01/25/2017

Ah yes the ratings.
This president has the best tv ratings. Terrific! Believe me!
A lot of people said it couldn't be done, yet here we are.
This pandemic, a democrat hoax btw, will be the greatest pandemic in the history of the universe!!!
MAKE VIRUSES GREAT AGAIN!!!

Seriously every one of these pressers has been a babbling nightmare.
 03/30/2020 12:34 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Sure you can talk about them. Free country and all of that. Apparently the ratings are great and Trump's making a good impression on people. The press mob? Not so much. Due to this, the people who don't pay too much attention to the daily machinations of Washington are getting a useful education on how bad these louts are.

Ratings do not reflect opinions. More clown talk and fake info.
 03/30/2020 01:25 PM

johnnyboy

These deaths are happening in cities to begin with. That will change in the coming months. When it hits West Virginia and the Villages and those people go from thinking its kind of a problem to HOW THE F DID HE LET THIS HAPPEN, you will see his approval ratings where they belong.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/30/2020 02:02 PM

Cole

People are scared, so they tune in for information from the president. Boasting about panic ratings is pure hilarity. The guy is a fucking moron and his pathetic "war time" approval ratings prove it. Check the new Trump favored Rasmussen polls (45%) if you need any proof. They are at the lowest for his entire presidency.

I was right.
 03/30/2020 02:37 PM

6ScoopsMcGruntington

Joined Forum: 01/25/2017

Hey guys don't worry my pillow mike is on it.
Phew! Thank you Trump!
 03/30/2020 03:50 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: 6ScoopsMcGruntington

Hey guys don't worry my pillow mike is on it.

Phew! Thank you Trump!

Terry Crews will be on board soon.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .