Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: National Debt
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/02/2020 08:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/02/2020 08:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

When does the new $2/6 trillion get factored into the debt?

It sits at $23 Trillion, 688 billion right now. Will there be a big jump or is it just a slow roll?

-------------------------
I was right.
 04/02/2020 08:48 AM

Cole

Well wait, the bailout is really $2.2 trillion, so we can't forget the additional $200 billion. That's only $150 billion less than what Obama requested for the TARP bailout.

I was right.
 04/02/2020 08:50 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Blah, blah, blah. Do you think that people don't know that we're in a crisis situation? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I :heart; Q
 04/02/2020 08:55 AM

Greensleeves

tspank (intellectually bankrupt) going complete hypocrite as he criticized Obama for spending us out of "a crisis situation".
 04/02/2020 08:58 AM

6ScoopsMcGruntington

Joined Forum: 01/25/2017

Ah look at that Tpap, a jack off all trades master of none.
You've always fancied yourself a renaissance man.
Add day trader to the list!
Hey Tpap let me know when we're at the bottom ok?
 04/02/2020 09:02 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Blah, blah, blah. Do you think that people don't know that we're in a crisis situation? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

What was your opinion on the debt when Obama was dealing with the financial crisis? What's the difference?

I was right.
 04/02/2020 09:03 AM

Cole

Besides the additional $1.85 trillion on Trump's side of course.

I was right.
 04/02/2020 09:05 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The difference is that this time it's not going to work. Without massive relief (think Civilian Conservation Corps.) we may be facing a bigger depression than the 1930s.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/02/2020 09:47 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Given the current circumstances, , , , , who gives a fuck about the National Debt?

Dora Hates You
 04/02/2020 10:03 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Given the current circumstances, , , , , who gives a fuck about the National Debt?

Not Trump supporters, that's for sure.

04/02/2020 02:17 PM

johnnyboy

The party of fiscal responsibility is such a distant memory. I am for the bail out but these people hated their federal government for the past two decades and now it's welcome home Uncle Sugar?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/02/2020 02:40 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: tpapablo Blah, blah, blah. Do you think that people don't know that we're in a crisis situation? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
What was your opinion on the debt when Obama was dealing with the financial crisis? What's the difference?
I was against most of it. Was for the tax cut portion, however. Most of the rest of it went to special interest groups, which would not contribute one bit to recovery. And we know now I was right. That was the slowest recovery in our history. So that was wasted money. A lot of the current deal is wasted money too, btw. And I'm against that. This situation is different in that the government directly caused much of the economic damage by forcing businesses to shut down. So, a relief package was appropriate. We shouldn't make the few suffer the consequences of achieving the greater good for the many, whether they be businesses or individuals. I would think that there were better ways of going about it though.

04/02/2020 04:20 PM

Cole

The real reality of the Obama plan. Forget Tpap's cobbled lies.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/05/...measure-built-nothing

I guess debt only matters when a Democrat is in office. lol

As far as the economy? Trump has roughly the same numbers as Obama (Obama had better jobs numbers) and Obama didn't give a trillion in tax cuts to get there.

I was right.
 04/03/2020 05:12 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: ColeAs far as the economy? Trump has roughly the same numbers as Obama (Obama had better jobs numbers) and Obama didn't give a trillion in tax cuts to get there.
Nor the mass amount of baby-boomers reaching retirement age and essentially removing themselves from the job market....
 04/03/2020 06:45 AM

johnnyboy

This debt will saddle the the country, it will force the GOP out of office and usher in a DNC to the impossible task of reducing it. That will ultimately cause their demise as the old GOP lies about reducing taxes to increase revenues and enabling wealth creators to operate without government interference will be dusted off and recycled as new so the wealthy can be allowed to horde wealth and claim they are all self made.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/03/2020 06:49 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy This debt will saddle the the country, it will force the GOP out of office and usher in a DNC to the impossible task of reducing it. That will ultimately cause their demise as the old GOP lies about reducing taxes to increase revenues and enabling wealth creators to operate without government interference will be dusted off and recycled as new so the wealthy can be allowed to horde wealth and claim they are all self made.
Well, you're right about it being an impossible task for the Dems to reduce the debt, given that they intend to massively increase the debt with free tuition, healthcare and everything else.

04/03/2020 07:10 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

This debt will saddle the the country, it will force the GOP out of office and usher in a DNC to the impossible task of reducing it. That will ultimately cause their demise as the old GOP lies about reducing taxes to increase revenues and enabling wealth creators to operate without government interference will be dusted off and recycled as new so the wealthy can be allowed to horde wealth and claim they are all self made.

Well, you're right about it being an impossible task for the Dems to reduce the debt, given that they intend to massively increase the debt with free tuition, healthcare and everything else.

Those are Joe's plans?

I was right.
 04/03/2020 07:50 AM

johnnyboy

Joe has sworn to be president only one term. This will shorten the cycle and allow the pendulum to swing back to the GOP as the dull eyes of the voting populace punish the party in control for austerity. This is my prediction. If the Democrats make the reforms and enact the tough austerity measures to tackle this new Everest of debt, it will be hard and they will be punished. The GOP will re-emerge as the new and improved party to bring back prosperity and reap the long term benefits of the democrats austerity measures and raised taxes. The GOP will pander to their base once the democrats have completed the heavy lifting of restoring revenues and paying down the debt by declaring the emergency over, claiming that the country needs less taxes for less government and that the bloated government is only compounding the debt.

04/03/2020 07:57 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Say hello to President Cotton in 2024.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/03/2020 08:08 AM

johnnyboy

I sure hope he goes to some rallies this week.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .