Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jobs report
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/03/2020 04:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/06/2020 06:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

lets see, democrats in power would have listened to science advisors and had a better plan in place. they would have still locked the country down, just much earlier, and we would still have grossly high unemployment. high unemployment is a direct results of a global pandemic and it is happening everywhere in the world because people are not going to work. come on guys, seriously you all know that
 04/06/2020 07:05 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Republicans would have fought against a stimulus package and national debt would have run 24/7 on their news channels for starters. But then again, there would have been no massive tax break and the Markets wouldn't have been built on buy backs and increasing corporate debt.

-------------------------
I was right.
 04/06/2020 07:11 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole Republicans would have fought against a stimulus package and national debt would have run 24/7 on their news channels for starters.
of course, if it is a d plan the r team will oppose it. stupid political games even when lives are at stake. we would still have gross amounts of unemployment, it is par for the course during a pandemic. honestly, the unemployment would be much higher if team blue was in charge because we would have a done a much more thorough job of locking shit down when it needed to be locked down
 04/06/2020 07:20 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Historically democratic presidents handle catastrophe better, with way less negative impact on the country.
 04/06/2020 08:01 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole
Republicans would have fought against a stimulus package and national debt would have run 24/7 on their news channels for starters.

of course, if it is a d plan the r team will oppose it. stupid political games even when lives are at stake. we would still have gross amounts of unemployment, it is par for the course during a pandemic. honestly, the unemployment would be much higher if team blue was in charge because we would have a done a much more thorough job of locking shit down when it needed to be locked down

I don't disagree; you have to do what you have to do. They would be working on a second stimulus for the people right now too. A thousand bucks in nice, but it ain't shit in the bigger picture.

They also wouldn't have spent the last three years trying to kill off healthcare for the people.

I was right.
 04/06/2020 08:09 AM

RiddleMe

the sad thing is if we had done an actual 2 week lock down instead of the nonsense going on right now, we could have opened everything up except our borders and travel, and started contact tracing and isolating going forward. it would have put everyone out of work for 2 weeks except for actual real essential people. not the bullshit 'essential' people like we have going on now, ffs we have people still doing meaningless and pointless bathroom remodels because all construction is 'essential' lmao. anyhow, it would have had far less long term economic impact and saved lives
 04/06/2020 08:15 AM

Cole

A state agency still has me traveling the state, but other than getting gas, I avoid stores like it the plague.

I was right.
 04/06/2020 06:57 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Historically democratic presidents handle catastrophe better, with way less negative impact on the country.

Goon speak from Dr fudgy fingers
 04/07/2020 06:10 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Goon speak from Dr fudgy fingers

Hey cracker, have you ever read a book?

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Jobs report

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .