Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: now that we are knee deep...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/06/2020 08:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/06/2020 10:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Public equity stake in any bailed out business. National suspension of rent and mortgage collection, moratorium on eviction and utility shut off. Nationalization of all essential industries. Employees of any essential industry immediately receive Medicare coverage and payed sick time. 100% top marginal tax rate effective retroactively. UBI to cover food and essential needs.
Most of that makes sense except the 100% top marginal rate. Didn't we go to 90% to pay for WWII. Something like that would do. Do agree that the oligarchs that cashed in their McConnel/Ryan tax winnings and left their companies without a rainy day fund should be the ones to pay for recovery. Their companies should also be wards of the state until they pay back any bailout money. The money gone from the stock market isn't gone. They cashed out while they had their puppets on the TV telling everybody that it was just a little sniffle cold and was fully contained and bound to disappear any day now. Suspending rent and mortgage collection should happen too.

-------------------------

04/06/2020 11:14 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: SurferMic I ain't smart but I do see wild swings in the DOW 1000+ pts Up & Down as we continue to watch millions evaporate and the retirements funds of 401Ks drop (hope your into cash or Bonds by now). Next up - it's planting season, one side of my family are major farmers in the Carolina's, planting season is mid April, there are little to no migrant workers coming so far. If the farmers of the US cannot get help from their regulars during planting season , get ready for another wave of food shortages...crop yields down who knows 80% , How much will the crops and hogs cost when there is large demand and no supply? Start your own "Victory Garden" NOW...load up on chickens goats and ammo...this is round 1 of a 12 round fight. The Gov will send out checks but it will not be enough to support a family 100% but the checks will keep coming....So happy all my renters paid rent this month...nervous about the next month and the month after that...Already stories coming out of Brevard of people stealing veggy plants out of home gardens, chickens and goats being stolen as well..remember this has just started...it's going to get a lot worse. Only cure would be a Vaccine ready in < 6 months. I see a future of having a Drivers Lic. and a MANDATORY Immunization card to prove you have had the Covid shot and Flu Shot (once it is available) to get into any establishment. Hopefully I am very wrong about all the above..
Well, I have the chickens, goats and hogs covered. Got my beef supply covered too. Victory garden coming along nicely. Fruit trees are looking like they'll have a good year. How are you progs doing with all of that?

I :heart; Q
 04/06/2020 11:21 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Public equity stake in any bailed out business. National suspension of rent and mortgage collection, moratorium on eviction and utility shut off.

Nationalization of all essential industries. Employees of any essential industry immediately receive Medicare coverage and payed sick time. 100% top marginal tax rate effective retroactively.

UBI to cover food and essential needs.

Most of that makes sense except the 100% top marginal rate. Didn't we go to 90% to pay for WWII. Something like that would do.

I would probably start the discussion at 110% and negotiate back to 90 something.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/06/2020 11:22 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

your not one of the smart guys stay out, and learn how to play with others

I think this speaks for itself...

all3: don't worry, this crackpot is NOT in your league...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/06/2020 12:30 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

The economy is shrinking due to restrictions and closures. unemployment rising, manufacuturing is stalled except for some medical stuff. Numbers dont look good and it seems this is gonna be around for awhile. so what do the 5 smarts guys have for solutions? all I see is shit slinging but since you are self proclaimed geniuses and the rest of the world should bow down; whats your plan?

The real question is what's your 'great' President doing?

MAGA hats only work so long... Then reality kicks in.

your not one of the smart guys stay out, and learn how to play with others

Everyone is smart compared to you cheater, you never learn....

yes you are DR fudgy you are so smart the whole five klan loves you
 04/06/2020 12:59 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: SurferMic Well, I have the chickens, goats and hogs covered. Got my beef supply covered too. Victory garden coming along nicely. Fruit trees are looking like they'll have a good year. How are you progs doing with all of that?
Unfortunately..... I was delaying my annual garden (The soil's good... it's been a fish cemetery) due to major yard overhaul plans, and was finally going to replace the fruit trees that were TKO'd after Matthew.... Then this shit happened... local nurseries are closed. At least I got a freezer full of fish, and loaded banana trees... but I guess the land clearing (and shed building) can wait till next year, and hopefully I can get some veggies going this weekend.....
 04/06/2020 01:09 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

The economy is shrinking due to restrictions and closures. unemployment rising, manufacuturing is stalled except for some medical stuff. Numbers dont look good and it seems this is gonna be around for awhile. so what do the 5 smarts guys have for solutions? all I see is shit slinging but since you are self proclaimed geniuses and the rest of the world should bow down; whats your plan?

Cheater, you sound like Jeff Spicoli after he crashed the football player's sports car... "Uhhh How we gonna fix this?"

The truth is the crash has already happened- you fix it by not driving into a wall in the first place.

But yet, I still offer a solution- "My Dad has like the ultimate set of tools!"

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 04/06/2020 02:18 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Lack of farm workers, another Trump fail. Once again, thank you Trump voters.

What do we do you ask? Got a time machine?

I was right.
 04/06/2020 02:24 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: all3
Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo The economy is shrinking due to restrictions and closures. unemployment rising, manufacuturing is stalled except for some medical stuff. Numbers dont look good and it seems this is gonna be around for awhile. so what do the 5 smarts guys have for solutions? all I see is shit slinging but since you are self proclaimed geniuses and the rest of the world should bow down; whats your plan?
Am I one of the "smarts guys"?
if you have to ask; NO
Can I still play?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 04/06/2020 07:37 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

you tell me will the fab 5 kick in and support you?
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : now that we are knee deep...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .