Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The South is getting hit hard.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/06/2020 02:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/06/2020 02:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Virus hot spots in South poised for disproportionate suffering

http://www.politico.com/news/2...us-rural-south-164225

And most are without Medicaid expansion.

-------------------------
I was right.
 04/06/2020 02:32 PM

Cole

In brighter news, our - Florida - known infection rate dropped yesterday. It looks like the social distancing is doing it's thing on the curve.

I was right.
 04/06/2020 02:50 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Hoping all the SoFlo's didn't bring it to RC's this weekend.
 04/06/2020 03:14 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

The dumb, racist rednecks are going to die, huh? Cover your eyes if you are around Clayton's house - the champagne corks will certainly be flying. Maybe all you progs should high tail it to NYC to wait out the coming storm. I hear things are going great there, thanks to all of those sophisticated and intelligent elites.

I :heart; Q
 04/06/2020 03:46 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

I hear some mumbling, but its hard to make sense of it through all that hay..

When America was "great"
 04/06/2020 03:56 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

The dumb, racist rednecks are going to die, huh? Cover your eyes if you are around Clayton's house - the champagne corks will certainly be flying. Maybe all you progs should high tail it to NYC to wait out the coming storm. I hear things are going great there, thanks to all of those sophisticated and intelligent elites.

Um, you said, and I can quote you if you like, that the Blue states were always the issue.

Wrong again I see.

I was right.
 04/06/2020 05:41 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole and I can quote you if you like,.
its not he that likes, its YOU. make a note of it, cole-rona!
 04/07/2020 06:12 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Cole In brighter news, our - Florida - known infection rate dropped yesterday. It looks like the social distancing is doing it's thing on the curve.
it dropped on 4/5 because it was sunday. the office staff reporting the stuff generally arent working on sunday. the same thing happened the week before. as you can see from monday, it picked right back up. #notflatteningthecurveinfloridayet
 04/07/2020 06:23 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole

In brighter news, our - Florida - known infection rate dropped yesterday. It looks like the social distancing is doing it's thing on the curve.

it dropped on 4/5 because it was sunday. the office staff reporting the stuff generally arent working on sunday. the same thing happened the week before. as you can see from monday, it picked right back up. #notflatteningthecurveinfloridayet

My bad, I heard a blip on the news and thought they were still talking about Florida. Not that I am going to change my avoidance of people for at least another month or two.

I was right.
 04/07/2020 06:31 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Don't vote for dotards, they will kill you.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/07/2020 06:34 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

A coworker in Albany, GA said there was a big public funeral hundreds attended before people got serious about distancing and they think that caused a major spread, it sounds bad up there.

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 04/07/2020 06:45 AM

Greensleeves

"for at least another month or two." The kick in the privates is that we will all still be susceptible to infection. Both good people and deplorables!
 04/07/2020 07:07 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

"for at least another month or two." The kick in the privates is that we will all still be susceptible to infection. Both good people and deplorables!

Yep, the people who listened to Trump and the Republicans are putting all of us at risk.

I was right.
 04/07/2020 07:18 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo The dumb, racist rednecks are going to die, huh? Cover your eyes if you are around Clayton's house - the champagne corks will certainly be flying. Maybe all you progs should high tail it to NYC to wait out the coming storm. I hear things are going great there, thanks to all of those sophisticated and intelligent elites.
Um, you said, and I can quote you if you like, that the Blue states were always the issue. Wrong again I see.
Which is precisely what has happened. Read the numbers and weep. Blue states are a disaster. Red states doing just fine.

04/07/2020 07:27 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Which is precisely what has happened. Read the numbers and weep. Blue states are a disaster. Red states doing just fine.

Nah, the Red states are just slower, as usual. Also they don't test much, so many covid deaths will go unreported.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/22/2020 07:13 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo The dumb, racist rednecks are going to die, huh? Cover your eyes if you are around Clayton's house - the champagne corks will certainly be flying. Maybe all you progs should high tail it to NYC to wait out the coming storm. I hear things are going great there, thanks to all of those sophisticated and intelligent elites.
Um, you said, and I can quote you if you like, that the Blue states were always the issue. Wrong again I see.
Was I now? Read the news today and didn't see a word about mass extermination of Southerners. To the contrary, the South is opening up again. See what i.mean about progs?. Always wrong.

04/22/2020 07:25 AM

Cole

Um, you said, and I can quote you if you like, that the Blue states were always the issue.

Wrong again I see.

Was I now? Read the news today and didn't see a word about mass extermination of Southerners. To the contrary, the South is opening up again. See what i.mean about progs?. Always wrong.

Yes, what could happen by opening early. lol

As far as numbers, Georgia - population 10 million - is approaching 20,000 with an unusually high death rate. California - population 40 million - is at just over 30,000 with rapidly declining numbers.

Unfortunately for the south, you are always wrong. If they were smart they will lock the place down for a solid two years. The Farmer Ted jinx is in.

I was right.
 04/22/2020 07:37 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The mayor of Albany GA didn't look happy about governor Hayseed wanting to open up fast.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/22/2020 07:58 AM

tpapablo

Still the prog states that are getting hit the hardest. I feel sorry for them, but they shouldn't elect trash politicians. We'll be opening up here soon enough. So, get ready to face the real world again. Hope you enjoyed your stint hiding under your beds.

04/22/2020 08:10 AM

Cole

Still the prog states that are getting hit the hardest.

Actually, they show more infection because they are doing far more testing.

Republicans are cheating with lives in the balance. Also know as business as usual.

I was right.

Edited: 04/22/2020 at 08:13 AM by Cole
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .