Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Oh, sure, sure, , , , let's open things back up and get back to work, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/07/2020 07:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/08/2020 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper This isn't ebola or leprosy.
Seems we've always been able to contain ebola. So yeah, this isn't like ebola. An Leprosy?
How do people get Hansen's disease? It is not known exactly how Hansen's disease spreads between people. Scientists currently think it may happen when a person with Hansen's disease coughs or sneezes, and a healthy person breathes in the droplets containing the bacteria. Prolonged, close contact with someone with untreated leprosy over many months is needed to catch the disease. You cannot get leprosy from a casual contact with a person who has Hansen's disease like: .Shaking hands or hugging .Sitting next to each other on the bus .Sitting together at a meal
Oh and leprosy is slow progressing, curable, and 95% of people have natural immunity to it. That's a nice contrast to a fast spread respiratory virus. I don't think we can murder our economy for a virus like this one.

-------------------------

04/08/2020 10:18 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper

98% of those who test positive for Coronavirus survive.

That's well more dangerous than a cold or the flu.

The coronavirus mortality rate is actual 3.4% as per the WHO. The current states of cases and deaths in the USA is 13,000 deaths of 404,580 making it a 3.2% mortality rate here. Sniper is off by 1.2%. But he'll just say I'm lashing out.

Anyway, I like the analogy of taking a bowl M&M's or jellybeans and saying 3.4% of them are poisoned. Would you be willing to be eat them? it's the same with going back to a normal lifestyle and public interaction. Increase the amount of people eating from that bowl, you increase the chances of death.
 04/08/2020 10:19 AM

HAPDigital

Also, many doctors and morticians are saying the death rate is under reported.

Oh my, the death rate shot up since i just checked in 2 minutes go.... 13,793 Bringing iot back up to the WHO's mortality rate of 3.4%

Edited: 04/08/2020 at 10:21 AM by HAPDigital
 04/08/2020 11:13 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

US population: ~ 350 million

Assumed Mortality rate: 2% = 7 million people.

If 3.4%,= 11.9, million people

Some people are fine with that many dead Americans...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project

Edited: 04/08/2020 at 11:15 AM by Pagerow
 04/08/2020 11:16 AM

HAPDigital

Just jumped up another K....

04/08/2020 11:41 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

If I'm old and/or have a pre-existing condition, then I'm isolating myself until we have a vaccine. I'm not isolating myself and my family until January for something that I have a 98% chance of being fine IF I even contract it.

You have absolutely no clue how the isolation works. You have no clue how this virus kills. It's not just old people. It's not just pre existing conditions. 39% of our country has co-morbidity. It just doesn't go away if old and sick people stay isolated. Then what? You will refuse to support policy supporting those isolating financially?

well we dont have a vaccine for AIDS and millions probably died and we went about our business; there is a way
 04/08/2020 12:34 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

This isn't ebola or leprosy.

Seems we've always been able to contain ebola. So yeah, this isn't like ebola. An Leprosy?
How do people get Hansen's disease?

It is not known exactly how Hansen's disease spreads between people. Scientists currently think it may happen when a person with Hansen's disease coughs or sneezes, and a healthy person breathes in the droplets containing the bacteria. Prolonged, close contact with someone with untreated leprosy over many months is needed to catch the disease.

You cannot get leprosy from a casual contact with a person who has Hansen's disease like:
.Shaking hands or hugging
.Sitting next to each other on the bus
.Sitting together at a meal

Oh and leprosy is slow progressing, curable, and 95% of people have natural immunity to it. That's a nice contrast to a fast spread respiratory virus.

I don't think we can murder our economy for a virus like this one.

When I mentioned ebola and leprosy, I was referring to the severity of the symptoms and how neither discriminates.

Ebola is lethal. Leprosy is just f'ing disgusting. Now it is curable but it wasn't always that way.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/08/2020 12:51 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Pagerow

US population: ~ 350 million

Assumed Mortality rate: 2% = 7 million people.

If 3.4%,= 11.9, million people

Some people are fine with that many dead Americans...

Your numbers are off. There are 48M Americans over 65 years old. How many of them have pre-existing conditions?

The current death rate is at 3.4% (14,257 deaths/422,350 cases). There is NO WAY that is the real death rate. We have only been testing a small slice of the population. If this thing is as contagious as they say it is and many people don't even show symptoms at all then that denominator of 422,350 is a joke and it is heavily inflating the actual death rate.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

04/08/2020 12:55 PM

Sniper

Bottom line is if you are over 65 and have a pre-existing condition then do what you have to do to protect your own ass until we have a vaccine because people aren't going to keep living like this long. People MIGHT do this through May. I highly doubt we are still living like this in June.

04/08/2020 12:56 PM

Pagerow

Your numbers are off. There are 48M Americans over 65 years old. How many of them have pre-existing conditions?

The current death rate is at 3.4% (14,257 deaths/422,350 cases). There is NO WAY that is the real death rate. We have only been testing a small slice of the population. If this thing is as contagious as they say it is and many people don't even show symptoms at all then that denominator of 422,350 is a joke and it is heavily inflating the actual death rate.

Death rate and mortality rate are two different things when talking about viruses

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project

Edited: 04/08/2020 at 12:58 PM by Pagerow
 04/08/2020 12:58 PM

Sniper

Death rate and mortality rate are two different things when talking about viruses

Regardless, your numbers don't paint the full picture because this virus doesn't kill people indiscriminately.

Edited: 04/08/2020 at 01:00 PM by Sniper
 04/08/2020 01:08 PM

Pagerow

Regardless, your numbers don't paint the full picture because this virus doesn't kill people indiscriminately.

Damn! I didn't know we had the head of the CDC on here. Well, go ahead and tell us all about it, Fauci Jr! Especially when you don't know the difference between "death rate" and a virus' mortality rate among a population.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/08/2020 01:36 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper When I mentioned ebola and leprosy, I was referring to the severity of the symptoms and how neither discriminates.
95% of people are immune to leprosy right out of the gate and it is really hard to catch. I don't see the analogy to a respiratory illness that is widely contagious and really easy to spread. Unless CDC is lying you have to try pretty hard to catch leprosy.
Ebola is lethal..
And containable because of the nature of transmission.

04/08/2020 01:38 PM

HAPDigital

He's also comparing China's numbers to US numbers. But that's just me lashing out.
 04/08/2020 01:42 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper Bottom line is if you are over 65 and have a pre-existing condition then do what you have to do to protect your own ass until we have a vaccine because people aren't going to keep living like this long. People MIGHT do this through May. I highly doubt we are still living like this in June.
It isn't just people over 65, especially in this country full of fat people with bad blood sugar. Plus there are all the unfortunate type-I diabetics that would have to go on disability if all the other folks out there just circulate it. We shouldn't have to do strict isolation beyond May. Get the spread under control and then have a functional test/contacttrace/isolate plan in place. Get the big fire contained and then put out hot spots. Should be the plan anyway.

04/08/2020 01:46 PM

scombrid

What does he know that the governments of UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, well everywhere really don't? Interesting thing I saw today. German friend posting same memes as the Alex Jones crowd here in the US. PatriotPost and Freeper type stuff. They all think that it is some kind of globalist conspiracy.

04/08/2020 01:53 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: HAPDigital Just jumped up another K.... 14,183
are you really gonna keep this disaster doom and gloom update thing goin on? look at yerself , man. FTW? sad
 04/08/2020 02:06 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Fuck it, so we lose some of the elderly and ill. I need my Red Lobster again goddamn it!

I was right.
 04/08/2020 02:07 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If the economy crashes because people didn't spend money for a month, we might just have bigger issues.

I was right.
 04/08/2020 02:44 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Just jumped up another K....

are you really gonna keep this disaster doom and gloom update thing goin on? look at yerself , man. FTW? sad

Disney+ is free for a month.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .